Garo Makai Senki 05 released

kokowaks
Salami Commander

Re: Garo Makai Senki 05 released

Post by kokowaks »

poor guy... he must've quit being a cop after he was shot on the accel movie.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Igarashi_Kiriiga
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saejima Kouga
Favorite Actor?: I can't choose!
My boom: GARO
Quote: "saisho ni itte oku, ore wa tsuyoi jyanai. Ore wa tsugoku tsuyoi" aka "let me tell you from the start, I am not strong. I am very strong"

Post by Igarashi_Kiriiga »

yeah true i was friggin happy to see Jinno again, but that's it? the progress to the fight took around 17 minutes while the fight itself only lasted 5 minutes? i was kinda disappointed but then ah well. better than no garo makai senki :D

then again, good question zaruba, how the hell could a man-made be a horror gate? a mysterious power yet to be revealed?

lastly,
Spoiler
pray, tell, why are the two of them fighting again? do tell me it was just a practice..

The way he looks make the girls feel honored to be reeled in
Mitsumi
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Mitsumi »

they pulled a the ring / grudge thing and i wont be sleeping tonight

why garo WHYYYYYY
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

Not that bad an episode. I actually liked it. Was a bit freaky, having manholes eating people. Although, I'm still not sure how he was able to make them. Was it because of the negative feelings of the grudge?

Love to see that Kaoru actually has a social life. Although, for a poor starving artist, she sure has lots of clothes. I loved seeing her trying to get ready. I actually found it pretty cute.

Wow, that pic was neat.... hmmm no bad nightmares for me.... let me check the video...
:shock: Umm... okay.. its much freakier in HD video on my TV screen.... er.. okay... good thing I sleep with the lights on... umm.. because I usually read myself to bed... yea...
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Igarashi_Kiriiga wrote: good question zaruba, how the hell could a man-made be a horror gate?
Horror gates are just objects (or the ground at a place) that has been infused with way too much negative emotional energy. So like execution grounds, bridges people jump off, the fridge a serial killer keeps her trophies in, etc. In the first series they also had to be hit with (moon)light and cast a shadow, and the projected shadow was the actual gate opening. It was weird the guy could make the gates but it was hard to understand what was going on in his head until you saw the stuff at the end. He was actually envisioning the disks being gates to some angelic dimension and then had JU-ON flashes. So really, it might have been that angry ghost's hatred that was working along with him to create the gates.

Leo could find the gates quickly because gate objects are easily findable by mystics. Remember the "day job" of a makai knight is to find objects that are potential gates and negate them before they opened. In theory a lot of Kouga's assignments are "go to place X and deal with the object there" but usually the horror popped out in the opening credits. Well, there was a reason he was usually just too late last season, it shouldn't be happening too much this season.

I thought it was a little suspicious when Leo went on and on about wanting to make the gouryou 'cuter' a couple episodes ago, and now I he's got a crush on Kouga. I was actually expecting sparks to fly when he met Kaoru; well, maybe if they're left alone for a while.

Speaking of Leo, his surname is Fudou? That seems to ring a bell with me. Is that a name of some significance like a noble family name? And he's supposed to be the next Amon? I thought that was Jabi. (Maybe she's retired? I was looking forward to seeing her and Dan.)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I rewatched this after the someone mentioned that head in the corner.

Could not sleep last night. Imagine watching it at its actual airtime (Midnight, or slightly later I think). I'd be a wreck.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

I liked the episode, but as strange as it sounds, i didn`t liked it as a Garo episode.

It certainly had a good story but it seemed to me that this was more of a horror(the genre not the monsters) story and not a Garo Story, just remove all the makai stuff and you got a pretty nice J-horror tale, this becomes more aparent in the ending, kouga basically did squat to resolve the real problem, that being the man who could create horror gates, and he even decides to leave the matter be once he is dead, leaving the mistery open.

I liked it as a tale and it is good seeing god old Jinno doing some dramatic work, and i am really enjoying how during the credits we get to see a part of kaoru`s life, even if it´s just a glimpse it does wonders to remind us that she is a person in this universe, even when the story doesn´t focus on her.

As always thanks for the release!!!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Jin-san! You became a manhole maker?

This episode wasn't that good, but it was ok. It's just that after the awesome bike ep and the cassino royale ep, it seemed pretty normal.

They could've made the dead wife scarier with a screamer, but I guess that's not the point.

I just noticed that Garo's OST is very similar to Madoka's, though Garo's had a more epic feel to it.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

shadowneko003 wrote:Did anyone else notice this in Ep 5? It's at the 15:49.

[ Image ]
This is not the only one it seems and after what I find I don't think its a mistake either.

This is from 16.24 I will be looking for more to see if there are.
Spoiler
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

Damn. It's either they got lazy and said, it's only a second, people won't notice, or they are blind.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

shadowneko003 wrote:Damn. It's either they got lazy and said, it's only a second, people won't notice, or they are blind.
One I posted was a long scene(start from 16.19 and ends around 16.36) so its kinda hard to think that they thought noone will see it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Honestly it kinda looks intentional, especially if they did it twice. Since she wasn't a Horror, I guess they were implying she's a ghost?
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Maybe it's the wife's ghost?
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana

Post by HIDragonstar »

Greenstalker wrote: This is not the only one it seems and after what I find I don't think its a mistake either.

This is from 16.24 I will be looking for more to see if there are.
Spoiler
[ Image ]
Thanks for showing another scene! At this rate, I'm never going to sleep well. Now I have to find these freaky moments, but I think I"ll save it for the day time...
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

What's the deal with all these dead women? Are they props that they neglected to use or something? It'd be freaky as all sh*t if it was part of some sick contest or something......

Return to “Makai Senki”