Garo Makai Senki 07 released

kokowaks
Salami Commander

Re: Garo Makai Senki 07 released

Post by kokowaks »

Ryuki still comes to my mind when he walk through that window,... the train running on the background looks like den-liner or a time train...
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

That old priest looked damn familiar. Who was he?

Edit: Nevermind! Figured it out. It's the cafe Master from Kamen Rider Kiva.
ImageImage
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Woah! I didn't realize that at all. Good to see him again.

Aw, they killed Kaoru! I'm going to miss that fishy-fairy.

I'm not arguing that the Garo staff intended to insert Kamen Rider references, but I'm glad I'm not the only person whose mind jumped to Hibiki when Latus held the tuning verse up to his head and struck it, or thought that we had Den-Liner doing some side work by dropping Kouga and the priests off. I even thought that the students in the background while Leo and Kaoru were having their talk looked like they belonged to Ama High. I'm sure that seeing Rider references everywhere speaks more to my familiarity with those shows and having them on my mind than any intention on the Garo staff. But with all the former Rider cast members showing up for guest spots, can you blame anyone for being reminded of Rider from other elements in the episodes?

That distorted voice sounds so much like Leo that I wonder if he actually is doing the voice, regardless of whether it turns out he is Jaaku. I agree that the writers are doing everything they can to make the audience suspicious of Leo, which makes me doubt that he really is the dark Priest. Maybe it's just reverse psychology - make it so obvious that the skeptical adults that comprise your audience will never believe it's true.

...if it turns out that Kaoru’s editor is the dark Priest, I will burst out laughing. But that would be nice symmetry with the first series.
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

I always enjoy Garo episodes. This one, I found the priest VERY irritating. I kinda was like Zaruba whenever he was around. I did like the slight background for RR and all.

No! Kaoru died!!! Hmm... I'm actually wondering if we'll see Reika quite soon. She might rush in and come and try and help Kouga now. I was under the impressions that he would have had to send the fish/dragon thing to go get her, but I'm wondering if it also has a 'fail safe' that if it dies, Reika will know and come down. Would have to see some interplay there, Reika trying to insert herself into a relationship with Kouga, with Kaoru there the whole time...

I didn't think the Leo was Jaaku/Red. Now I have a friend who insists they aren't... he went back and analyzed the face of both Leo and Red... looked for characteristics... and then proclaimed they weren't.... something about a dimple or cleft on the chin.... etc... ad nausem...

Me... I think he has a tendency to over analyze...
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
koi.no.michi
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Sakurai Yuuto <3
Favorite Actor?: Nakamura Yuichi
Favorite Band: Cocoa Otoko.
Quote: 最初に言っておく。俺はかーなーり、強い! ~ Sakurai Yuuto // Kamen Rider Zeronos

Post by koi.no.michi »

catching up~

anyways i dunno. i dont want the masked guy to be Leo for two reasons
1. that would be so blatantly obvious that i would facepalm facedesk.
2. i really like Leo so i just dont want that in general~

i feel bad for fish!Kaoru... im gonna miss her (it?)

Return to “Makai Senki”