Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 07 released

Post by takenoko »

Now we're going somewhere. Hopefully that Makai Priest isn't a reoccurring character, since he speaks in fruity archaic/poetic speech.

The preview teaser with Kaoru and the brush appears to have been just a cocktease. She doesn't get to use the brush. (Although we do see something happen, so maybe she'll play a bigger part in the final battle or something)

So yeah, the red mask guy is back. And he's pretty powerful and in line with Ganon (Kiba connections~). Is that girl Eguchi Hiromi yet again for her third different role in a Garo series?

Neat, a black Garo! (I've been reading his name is Makai Knight Jaaku. Jaaku being the Japanese word for "evil") I wonder if this means he'll be coming back in the future.

Also, it really seems like the series is leading us to believe that Leo is the red mask guy. Kouga suspects him when they first meet, he conveniently pulls a Clark Kent on this mission, plus his voice even sounds similar even though it's distorted. That probably means he's not red mask. It's probably the old woman or something.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo Makai Senki 07 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I was hoping this would mean some Makai Priest like development for Kaoru, like how Tagias wife was one, then maybe she could turn into an action girl.

It's hard to know what will happen with the masked guy. I agree that they are kind of forcing that implication that Leo is him, but then is it to make us think it blatantly isn't him and then it turns out it is?

I'm amped.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote:Also, it really seems like the series is leading us to believe that Leo is the red mask guy. Kouga suspects him when they first meet, he conveniently pulls a Clark Kent on this mission, plus his voice even sounds similar even though it's distorted. That probably means he's not red mask. It's probably the old woman or something.
It's totally Decade.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Just my thought but I suspect from the guy who wants a book from Kaoru. In last series it was again someone related to her and I won't be surprised if it will be the case this time.
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

I don't think it's Leo, despite how they are implying it, because comparing the episode centering around Leo/Kouga, the sheer level of power/control is astronomically different from Red Mask. Leo wasn't able to control (I forget it's name) the beast and wasn't much of a fighter. Red Mask was a total bad ass going toe-to-toe with Kouga. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the same thing as the last series, with the publisher guy as the guy above me mentioned.

They called him Red Mask though, I'm wondering if there will be other partners to join him? If this is turning into a makai priest vs makai knight war, we're bound to see one or two recruiters by Red Mask to try to overthrow the system. This is probably my favorite episode now, thanks to Red Mask's bad assery and the fight with Kouga. Plus I felt like we learned a lot more about the culture and history of makai knights/priests and how knights become knights.
Igarashi_Kiriiga
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saejima Kouga
Favorite Actor?: I can't choose!
My boom: GARO
Quote: "saisho ni itte oku, ore wa tsuyoi jyanai. Ore wa tsugoku tsuyoi" aka "let me tell you from the start, I am not strong. I am very strong"

Post by Igarashi_Kiriiga »

this is one great awesome episode! that Jaaku really kicked Kouga's arse, even though i keep shouting for Kouga while watching, make sure you repay him for the favor later on Kouga!!

Seeing Leo this episode makes me think of him as Zero-reborn, we used to see how Rei flashback on Shizuka (his lover?) when he sees Kouga fight (right?) and now we have a Leo who flashbacks on his...someone when he sees Kaoru, even if it's just once. Don't tell me they're gonna add some shoujo romance in it...

oh and I just had to say something about this scene, i hope this is didn't break any rules..
Spoiler
look who followed in tajador's footstep.

The way he looks make the girls feel honored to be reeled in
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

LOL @ Zaruba trolling Kouga. Couldn't avoid imagining a ring with trollface in it.

Kouga is a child? Yeah, it's not like he killed Barago and defeated Messiah 2 times...

Woah, DenLiner cameo!

Awesome fight. And the way kouga use the armor was pretty neat.

And now we know what the bad guy wants. And he seems to take his power from that mask, that probably has something to do with Gannon.

And Red priest sounds like Leo. Also, that flashback he had with Kaoru is very suspicious.

The problem with Garo is that Kouga already killed Messiah. Ok, he had a power boost, but after that, the other horrors don't seem to be huge threats. Having a traitor Makai Priest works, but Gannon will probably appear himself...
prophetcrw
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Anberlin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: 'itsumo anata no soba ni iru'

Post by prophetcrw »

such a great episode. this Black Knight business and the Red Mask are pretty intriguing...

can wait for more. Garo is becoming my sleeper favorite and the fact we got a second season of Garo is just exciting.

also... um, how many Kamen Rider cameos can you fit in one episode? I saw Kabuto (Kaoru's fairy drawing book), Ryuki (walking into the glass window as an entrance to the parallel world), Den-O (the spirit train), and Kabuki (this episode's priest's device to summon the spirit train, similiarity to the tuning fork henshin devices, even held it up to his head).
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I think Latus calls Kouga a kid because he's old as dirt. I get a weird vibe from him that he's been around for an extremely long time, probably through magic or something. Might explain his disdain for the Knights.

You're massively overthinking things, prophet. People can draw in books, ride trains, use tuning forks (oh my god, Leo blows on a little thing JUST LIKE IBUKI), and open Makai Paths in flat surfaces without it being a Kamen Rider reference.
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

It would be way to obvious that Leo is Red Mask, I expect a much better plot twist from the Garo writers.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

Though it isn't terribly unimaginative to just do "Black Garo" doesn't mean I'm not going ot like this villain. I kind of called it in the middle of the fight that he was going to don armor.

This episode and the last have been the best so far. I really dig episodes that expand upon the mythos and his on did this in spades AND made reference to Rekka from Red Requiem. I also agree it seems forced that they are trying to make Leo seem like he could be Red/Jaaku. I hope it is some other previously introduced character just to swerve us (like say the guy that wanted to be Zero's partenr in BotWN).

The fight in this was pretty damn epic for just beign episode 7 out of 26. I mean it kept the same Garo/Zero fight vibe that the original episode 7 had yet was even more epic than the fight with Kiba.

James
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I loved Episode 7 from the first series because of the Kouga/Rei fight and this Episode 7 continued that tradition. The action was top notch and to finally see the villain in action against Kouga made it felt even more epic. Kouga stood toe to toe with him and even managed to do good damage on him. Now that is cool. I thought the ending was very interesting too. Makes me wonder if Leo is pulling "Clark Kent" duties or if this villain is someone else.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Yuusha wrote:The fight in this was pretty damn epic for just beign episode 7 out of 26. I mean it kept the same Garo/Zero fight vibe that the original episode 7 had yet was even more epic than the fight with Kiba.
I can't help but agree with you there. It was quite an epic battle for such an early point in the show. I was reminded of the fight at the end of the first series with Garo/Zero vs Kiba on the falling/spinning ring thing. I was watching the fight this time round and thought to myself "Now this feels like Garo!"

A bit in this episode I really loved though? When Kaoru and Gonza are teasing Kouga, right before he stands up you see him starting to crack a little smile. Take both that moment and the part from a couple of eps ago when he was about to sit down and play cards with the two of them, and you realise that he does have a more personable side to him. Usually he keeps it so well hidden behind a cold exterior that it makes it a joy for me to watch when he does finally start to show it. :D

Oh yeah, what a pointless journey Kouga and the priests took though. Unless it was a different part of the world or something, I'm not sure what purpose the magic train really served. Essentially they went underground to get to a roof. You'd figure it would have been easier to just... go to the roof... :?
Last edited by JustiFan on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

Leo and the Red Mask guy. Hmmm....HMMMMM..

BTW, the CGI fights are WORLDS better in Garo 2.0 than they were in the first season and even the movies. They dont look all jerky and stiff anymore. You can still tell it is CGI but heck it looks like a nomal human can move that way...

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
GyouseiKiba
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns. But by the blade of knights, mankind was given hope.

Post by GyouseiKiba »

People should stop confusing common things for Kamen Rider references. Hibiki didn't invent tuning forks and Kaoru was drawing a Makai Dragon, which looks like a fish. Not to mention Makai Paths on the surface of buildings have existed since the first series.

On another note, Black Garo was awesome. First we had Kiba, a similar evil counterpart to Garo, and now we had Garo's actual SHADOW fighting against our Golden Knight. xD I'm predicting that Red Mask has the ability to mirror any Makai Knight's armor, depending on who he's fighting against. Black Zero for the win!

Return to “Makai Senki”