Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Makai Senki 12 released

Post by takenoko »

While I'm with people in that there's something lacking in the second series so far, I kind of feel like we might be looking at things through tinted glasses. The last part of Garo and the Beast of the White Knight were amazing stories. But when I first watched Garo, I have to say that everything felt kind of episodic up until the point when Kaoru finds out about the cursed blood thing. And that episode was in the late teens of the first series?

And I wouldn't say everything is filler. There's obviously a main story going on that is seeded into these episodes with the red mask guy and the marks. There's also been quite a few good episodes so far. I look forward to each week's episode and rarely do I feel like I didn't get a good fight scene or something that built on the character's stories. And even for episodes that I didn't care for, like the gambling one or the theater one, other people seemed to enjoy it. They're doing so many things with this series that I think it's bound to please people sooner or later. Plus there's a lot of episodes to go, we're only at the halfway point.

Too long, didn't read: Even a mediocre Garo TV series is still pretty good in relative terms. I mean, at least this isn't as bad as Red Requiem.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

while this episode seems too ordinary, i still find the current "rei" episodes better than what currently happening on kouga's episodes...it might've been better if they give rei his own subplot while still being on the same standards of his episodes...
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

It was kinda boring ep. But the preview made it all better!

Spoiler
JABI!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

takenoko wrote:I mean, at least this isn't as bad as Red Requiem.
Or Kiba Gaiden.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Irish Ranger
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Irish Ranger »

I liked Kiba Gaiden. My only complaint about it is the nonsense with Erda.

As for Makai Senki, I'm enjoying it. I would like a little more focus on Kouga's attempts to remove the seal because right now he's dragging his heels but overall it's been a great season so far.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Man, Rei episodes are all so weird and bittersweet. This dude doesn't get clean wins like Kouga.

I think the Horror just accented all of the mom's worst traits, so the protective instincts all became greedy and possessive. I don't know if the real mom was being abusive exactly, probably just dumping tons and tons of pressure on Misao. Isn't the incidence of teen suicide markedly higher in Japan than in the west, precisely because there's so much pressure on teens for so long? I seem to remember reading such a thing.

Return to “Makai Senki”