Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 13 released

Post by takenoko »

Yay it's Jabi! Man, she looks like she's tired though.

Man, this season is full of the side character's going off and doing their own things. It's sort of nice to see them get their own spotlight... but part of the reason we like these characters is to see them interact with each other?

If Leo isn't red mask, then they sure are laying the misdirection really thick. Like at the beginning, where Leo bitterly complains of losing again (to a Makai Knight). And Zaruba burning up sooner than expected after he mocks Leo. And at the end when she "thanks" him for the broken ass compass.

Jabi really needed a foil in this episode besides red mask. But she's really good when around Kouga. Just look at the way she positions herself and the way she looks at him.

Her summoning Gouten was cool, but I kind of wish more came of it. As it is, she just blew up the rock they were on and red mask lets her go because he changes his mind, not because he was driven away. Just seems like an insulting victory for Jabi since she didn't really earn it.

Preview
Spoiler
Tsubasa! And it looks like Kouga might do something in this episode with him. Neat. I wonder if they'll have Rin (Doubt it though)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Makai Senki 13 released

Post by Lunagel »

JABIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

It looks like someone heard my request for more Jabi legs cause dayum, there was a lot of leg and it was awesome. That woman has some fantastic gams.

Goten was just awesome. I seriously got chills looking at her. It's nice to occasionally see someone fight without transforming, kinda spices up the series.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Gouryuu (wasn't that Leo's creation?) were used in this ep too...

I was half expecting some jealousy between Kaoru and Jabi, but I'm glad it didn't happen. Kaoru doing Makai Hoshi poses in the end credits was cool.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

New opening song & credits. Hm. That's interesting. I'll have to ponder a bit on what I think of that.

I still think Leo isn't Red Mask because it's TOO obvious (unless it's a split personality).

Jabi was awesome, of course. I agree it would have been nice to see her interacting with the gang, or someone at least. But, it probably is helping their production schedule to do an episode that was 90% the guest actress. By the way, aside from the fighting I was pleased Jabi called our mysterious villain on the illogic of his claims. I feel like we're getting close to a reveal of some kind.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Nice new OP. Not as epic as Saviour in the Dark, but pretty cool.

So a Jabi episode with some plot (the new robots) and good action? That's what this show needed. Jabi is always awesome.

I wonder when they'll have the whole cast together again.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The only issue I have is that Jabi said that Amon forged Zaruba for Kouga, despite the fact that Amon originally forged him for Taiga (as far as I'm aware), and it was the Western Watchdog that reforged him at the end of the previous season.

Other than that, it was pretty sweet. It was nice to see Jabi kick ass, as she always does.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Catastrophe wrote:The only issue I have is that Jabi said that Amon forged Zaruba for Kouga, despite the fact that Amon originally forged him for Taiga (as far as I'm aware), and it was the Western Watchdog that reforged him at the end of the previous season.
Well, she wasn't around when Zaruba got reforged, she may not know it's Z 2.0.

One thing that bothered me here, and Kouga is guilty of it too, is not sharing info. Kouga should have told her a mysterious guy attacked him but he didn't, probably because he doesn't want anyone else to know about the ticking time bomb on his chest. Jabi's probably thinking Red is just starting his nefarious plot and she's going to investigate it before Kouga gets involved. Heck if I were her, I'd run home to my pal White Knight Dan and fill him in and send him back to check in with Kouga all sly-like.

. . .

Anyway, such a cool episode. I loved the magical fight. And really, she gave as well as she got. Kouga was a lot more beaten up at the end of his encounter than she was.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I always figured that Zaruba was fixed at the end of the series, not just completely replaced. The loss of memory being the causality from the repair process.

I think what Jabi said makes sense from a natural conversation perspective. "You're the ring created for my dear friend's late father but is now in the son's possession" doesn't quite have the same feeling to it.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

This episode is really going out of its way to paint Leo as Red Mask. Though I still think he's not because of his calm, quiet and polite demeanor. I guess it's mostly because of how the actor portrayed the character. Bitterly complain, take? I thought he just sounded somewhat subdued.

My favourite part in this episode is definitely the confrontation between Jabi and Red Mask. Jabi shines brightest not in battle but in dialogue especially when she called him out on his selfish desire and his pretentiousness. She barely hold up against him in combat, though that's a given since even Kouga had a hard time against him.

I wanted to see these characters on screen together but I like how these focus episodes let each character shine in their own way and show their individual qualities. Plus, it makes this episode, like the whole series so far, very new viewer-friendly.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Guardian07 wrote:Bitterly complain, take? I thought he just sounded somewhat subdued.
Yeah, I was just exaggerating to go along with the heavy "Leo is red mask" hinting. Although if he does turn out to be red mask, it may turn out he was seething with jealousy and rage underneath that mask of calmness.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

Ahhh Jam Project. missed that group!

KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Saejima Kouga wrote:I was half expecting some jealousy between Kaoru and Jabi, but I'm glad it didn't happen.
Judging by their conversations in the first season before Jabi was ... temporarily removed, it seems like she has accepted that her relationship with Kouga won't go further than being friends.

But still, there are so many things to like about Jabi in this episode. Her kansai accent, lecturing the red mask and having skills to back her up. Eat your heart out, Rekka!

Oh, and new opening. Though it might take some time to get used to it.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

They are throwing too many hints to Leo being the Red Mask, to the point that you kind of expect him to be the one. Dud compass for Jabi, sword wielding skills when he was out with Kaoru, making Colt out of Horror blood (it was Horror blood or something related to Horrors, right?)... It's too obvious and if he turns out to be Red Mask, I would be a little disappointed by the writing... =/

But if it's misdirection on the writers' part, then that would be interesting to see who the Red Mask really is. Maybe it's the person who owns the brush that Leo takes so much care of?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Leo has to be Red Mask with the mechanical henchmen that he sent out to fight against Jabi.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

If it does turn out he's not Red Mask I'll bet Leo's been forced to work under him as a lackey or something

Return to “Makai Senki”