Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 18 released

Post by takenoko »

At the beginning of the episode, I thought Kouga was being kind of naive for seeing the red mask man's face and still having doubts about it being Leo or not. But... I admit I'm impressed by the layers of misdirection. You drop the clues that it's Leo, then reveal it's Leo, but nope, there's another Leo. You see someone rescue Kouga and assume it's Rei, but nope, it's the real Leo. Now let's hope the explanation is good.

Oh yeah, and Leo is a Makai Knight too. Whaaaa? So he's Senkou Kishi Roudo 閃光騎士狼怒 or Flash Knight Roudo. Roudo can either be Road, Load, or Lord, but since there's kanji it's probably just Roudo which means "Wolf's rage"

Then the episode ends in a cliffhanger. Awesome, looking forward to next week's episode.

This week's wasn't half bad either. Rekka and Shiguto have their scene. Rei scares Gonza. We see Jirou Wataru jump out a window to escape explosive butterflies. Plus that scene from the first series where Kouga and Rei blitz through a bunch of Horrors on a horse is done here, but in a crazy Hell cave. So even though it's a borrowed scene, they did something to make this version unique and fun to watch.

Plus that douche Latus is back, and he gets what he deserves. So while there's multiple threads in this episode, you can see off in the distance how they're coming together.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Garo Makai Senki 18 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Two Leos! If there's a good explanation for this, I'll be really impressed at the misdirection that the writers have done. They 'established' that Leo wasn't Red Mask with Kouga checking his hand at the beginning; then they had Leo do all kinds of stuff that makes you think he's Red Mask; then they reveal that he's Red Mask; and then two Leos?! Maybe there were two Leos following Kouga around at different times. Man, now my mind's messed up.

And I'm glad Latus got what he deserved. I didn't like him in all his appearances. Speaking of Latus, what's with the weird head gear of those two 'guards' that follow him around. o.O
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Leo! Fighting Red Mask, and as a Knight! Guess those who suggested that Red Mask was an evil twin were the closest to being right. Unless next week another twist is thrown in...

This episode was chock-full of cameos, wasn’t it? Wonder if we'll check back in with Jabi and Dan next week.

I guess it’s a credit to Latus’ actor that I was pleased by his death. The character really didn’t have the right to call anyone haughty given his own behavior.

Is that the first we’ve had green-flame Garo this season? I’ve always thought that effect was neat. Nice to have the timer pop up again and remind us of another reason why Kouga summoning the armor was dangerous under those conditions.
Chaos42
Gao

Post by Chaos42 »

have to say i saw this coming-the implication it was leo was too obvious -too direct-i suspected it was someone else but when his mask came off i was going its his face but hes got a lot longer hair? Now it makes sense. Its either psyco twin brother, hes an impostor or hes part of leo who split off from him.

All in all good showing -i like how we are seeing more knights im kinda hoping this series will continue in the future with more seasons.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You sure use a lot of dashes in your posts. What is that supposed to indicate?
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Yeaaaah! Leo isn't evil! Whoo freakin yeaaah!! Leo is a Knight! Leo being a knight is a twist I didn't see coming. Now I feel better. I get both, I mean a cute Leo, a knight and a cute villain. Yay!

Now I just hope they don't kill him off at end of series or whatever.

Roudo...wolf's rage...what a neat meaning.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

The only reason why I was surprised to see Leo behind the mask was because that's who I thought it was. Other then simlar facial features, the main reason was the fact anti-social Kouga got along with him so quick. The knight (reminds me of a minotaur) thing and the look alike, I was not expecting that at all. Really, why did that episode have to end there it was getting good.

Did anyone else notice how Kaoru looks like an ol' lady in this ep?
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I agree that it was too obvious that they want us to believe that Leo was Red Mask but the "It wasn't me! it is my evil twin brother!" story was the second best guess and another member of the forum already saw it coming. Leo is a makai priest and a makai knight! wow the best of both worlds. The show is almost over and man I'm going to miss these characters. It have been great to get more GARO after all these years but this new series was a little too short and leave you wanting for more. The first series have better story and action IMO and this one is just a compilation of side stories about the different characters.
Final Vent!
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

So they went with the evil twin/imposter story for Leo. You think that brush Leo was carrying was Red Mask's?
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Leo being a Knight fully explains why he was good enough with a sword to kill that beast. At the time, I just assumed it was because he was red mask and could use one based on the fight as Black Garo.

Things are heating up, this is looking good.
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

All the threads are finally coming together and man am I liking it. Flash Knight Rondo? Hell yes!

So I imagine we're going to get somethign crazy for the last 3 or so episodes, possibly something insane like Berserk ZERO. I'm also hoping that Rekka, Jabi and Rikuto all team-up with Kouga, Rei, Tsubasa and Wataru for just oen giant Makai Knight showdown with Red Mask and yet another form of Messhia. Hell the only thing missing is some ridiculous prohpecy explaining the twin situation with Leo but I imagine we get that next episode

James
Chaos42
Gao

Post by Chaos42 »

takenoko wrote:You sure use a lot of dashes in your posts. What is that supposed to indicate?
Just how i type. I use dashes a lot when its not a sentence just a small add on or something else added.

Its just what i do nothing to bother yourself about.

At any rate im betting the brush leo has is either a teacher fellow student or other such female character who died and thats the trigger for red mask's insane vendetta -also they really have to get rid of those marks soon or its going to be a problem.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, it's not that it bothers me, but you're not exactly communicating your meaning if you use a system that no one else does. If the meaning isn't obvious, people are naturally going to ask you why you do that.
Chaos42
Gao

Post by Chaos42 »

Actually your the first. Most people don't seem to notice-don't know why.

Also not the issue this is about Garo.

At this rate im guessing that the beast he wants to control is some sort of sealed evil in a can -probably eats horrors but also uncontrollable destruction. What i want to know is this -when that guy gets absorbed by it or utterly consumed who is going to be surprised when it happens.

You know hes going to try controlling it or merge with it and hes going to die some how by its hands -kinda like brago's armor ate him
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

:D :D :D :D :D

I was right all along hahaha :lol: :lol: ! Man, that felt good XP .

Really, I was just grinning ear to ear when Leo appeared. And that reveal happened and I was floored. Holy shit, Leo is a knight!? :o

Though I'll wait for the next episode to explain Leo's past.

...wait...
-a Makai Knight who is also proficient in the arts of the Makai Priests
-wields a long sword in one-handed style
-looks and acts meekly but actually a secret badass

....dammit those were my idea!!!>_<
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!

Return to “Makai Senki”