Garo Makai Senki 20 released

Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Garo Makai Senki 20 released

Post by Doguso »

I see it as this. On top are the Senate. The senate control an elite group of knights and priests who have proven themselves to handle more difficult or special tasks (think the Spectres in Mass Effect). Below them are the watchdogs who pay closer attention to the more average, everyday horrors and portals. They manage the larger normal group of knights to go hunt them down. Normal priests assist those knights and do what they can as basic support (engineers, doctors, etc).

The senate is like the CEO of a company. A CEO better know everything that's going on in their company. But that doesn't mean they're going to micromanage every team, that's why they hire team mangers and division managers, to lead that section/team and take care of the normal stuff while the CEO monitors it all to make sure everything is working properly and steps in as needed in case of bigger issues (in this case with an elite squad of "spectres."

Locuas had the right idea about the daggers though. Kouga is probably doing it off screen. There is no need to see him cleanse his blade and send horrors back to hell every episode or three, waste of screen time and pointless. At the same time, cleansing his blade isn't the same as cleansing himself. As I figured it, when he purifies his blade, he's removing the horror essence from his blade, who, as we saw from the episode with the gun-father in season one, is still alive as a dagger form and can be revived. Kouga purifies his blade and removes the horror essences that were trapped/bound in his blade then (he use to) give them to the watchdogs to take care of the ritual to send the horrors back to hell. We saw in episode 18/19, where Jabi and Kouga tried to send the horrors back to hell themselves. The watchdogs aren't needed for it, but they probably have a stronger connection to hell due to their, what seemed, more spiritual state/form. When Kouga cleanses himself, he isn't cleansing himself of horror essence, but of evil energy or chi. Fighting evil spirits causes his body to absorb some of that negative energy/chi. As the golden knight, who to me seems to be a cultural knight reference as a knight of pure light, he has to keep his body as pure as possible. I'm sure due to the special lineage of Garo, evil chi might have a special adverse effect on him as well, but I can not really say but speculate on that. Maybe it has something to do with Gajari. But that's my opinion on the whole matter.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

The fact is that they still haven't shown the watchdog's place in their organization.

Again, if Kouga and Jabi could send the horrors back to hell, why were they needed in the 1st place?

Supervision? There are tons of Makai priests that could act as a middle person between a knight and the senate.

Also, the difference between the so called evil qi and the yin energy that creates horrors isn't really explained in the series.

They didn't explain why kouga's time limit is now 999 instead of 666 either.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's always been 99.9 not 66.6.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

m4rc0 wrote:The fact is that they still haven't shown the watchdog's place in their organization.

Again, if Kouga and Jabi could send the horrors back to hell, why were they needed in the 1st place?

Supervision? There are tons of Makai priests that could act as a middle person between a knight and the senate.

Also, the difference between the so called evil qi and the yin energy that creates horrors isn't really explained in the series.

They didn't explain why kouga's time limit is now 999 instead of 666 either.
Because Garo is a very important Knight, it's his job to deal with other things besides killing Horrors(for example, cutting doesn evil Makai knights). They also were into the organization since a looong time(remember, they are like a thousand years old).
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

The fact is that they still haven't shown the watchdog's place in their organization.
Because the series is focused on Garo, who was promoted beyond basic knight duty. Kouga is now in that "spectre" position and isn't under the command of mangers but of the CEO (the senate). There's no REASON to show the watchdogs, it wouldn't fit the story. It's like saying you got promoted to be Vice CEO but you constantly have to report to managers who are far below your position. Makes no sense right?
The watchdogs aren't needed for it, but they probably have a stronger connection to hell due to their, what seemed, more spiritual state/form.
Also think about it, priests and knights already have a conflicting relationship. Does it make sense for a mechanic to send a broken part to an engineer to recycle? It's not the engineer's place to recycle broken garbage. A mechanic would send it to a recycling plant to be reprocessed before going to an engineer. Same idea likely applies here as well. Priests have their role, to support the knights who are more capable of destroying horrors. If knights just gave the daggers to priests, there's a chance one foul priest would abuse his power. Then again the watchdog did betray everyone, however the way they are depicted seems to be more like watchdogs are angelic beings stuck between life and death (hence why the 3 watchdogs needed that human girl to have a real body again, plus one of them (or all three?) WAS a human girl once, but now dead, leading me to believe the whole death-angel parallelism).
Do you want your peers to be supervising you? Or do you want a single leader who's full job is to lead you, not support THEN lead you. Priests have a lot of work creating weapons, fixing weapons, etc. It's like working at Mcdonalds, who get their meat from Supplier Guy. After getting meat from Supplier Guy, THEN that Supplier Guy tells you how to make the burgers, when to make the burgers, and etc as if he was your manager. Does that make sense? I think it makes more sense to have Supplier Guy just support you with meat and do his job, while having someone else (Watchdog) lead and manage you. Why stuff all the responsibility on one person? Plus I'd like to bring up my point that Watchdogs may be angelic and have an easier time accessing Hell than a priest would (who need to do things in a specific way or risk creating super horrors as we saw near the end of Season 1, where we saw Kiba for the first time).
True but I feel this goes along the whole Asian cultural thing with Chi. Like yin-yang. Positive-negative energy. Such an idea has been prevalent in Asian culture for a long time, so I'm sure they're borrowing that idea and culturally it all makes sense.

Then again you're right, they don't really talk about it too much, which is why I like Garo. No one is that "stupid" character who knows nothing (except Kaoru who learns only when appropriate, which introduces things like Horrors nicely, without it over explaining every nuance every episode). Pretty much every character knows what's going on, knows the culture and the various mystical things. You have to figure things out as you see them go through this mystical world and do their job.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Just found this. Thought it might be appreciated.

Spoiler
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

You wanna not leech that image?

Return to “Makai Senki”