Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 21 released

Post by takenoko »

Sigma is the silly twin brother who loses a hand then gets a new one? Metal Gear?! Leo was the weaker brother all along?! But seriously, keeping the blobby demon thing around to get new hands is pretty cool.

As soon as Leo stepped into the Senate, he should have totally been like "Guys, remember this face. We want this man, but not this man. They're twins, you see. Eeeh... it's complicated."

A crucifixion without a cross? Blasphemy!

Kaoru, what are you going to do with that brush? Where are you going?

Heh, Kouga and his coat goldfish.

Heh, gestalt dragon. Huh. What happened to that barrier that Sigma had up earlier?

Helloooo Rekka. Great entrance. Don't have her say anything. Just make her look cool.

And now there's Gonza. What's going on?

Hey... Rekka's stunt person. Maybe don't wear a different costume than the person you're playing? I mean, you see her land in the next scene anyway. If you messed that part up, maybe just cut it?

Heh at her first words to Rei and Leo. Why is Gonza here again?

This scene between Rei and the others is pretty good, but it doesn't seem like he'd be the person to make it. Come to think of it, just a few episodes back, he was the one who was okay with giving up his armor. I dunno, it just doesn't fit his character to me.

Oh, here's why Gonza is around, to stop Kaoru. These are just nitpicks though. This is a really good scene between the different characters that surround Kouga.

Helllooo Jabi. The Kouga rescue team is looking pretty awesome. I'm still hoping that Tsubasa and Wataru will make some later appearance, but this is a pretty great cast of Garo members. For once in her life, it's nice to see Kaoru not caught up in things that are beyond her understanding or control. She's choosing to go into the fight herself.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Makai Senki 21 released

Post by Lunagel »

Heyyy significant scar. Toei you clever bastards.

Kouga, if you knew he was after Zaruba, maybe you shouldn't have kept your hand open...

Flying Ganon looks like the weirdest hot air balloon ever.

Bah more Rekka.

Aww Kaoru is the most important person to Kouga. Does this mean they'll finally settle down and raise some little Makai bebies already?

MOTHERFUKKIN JABIIIIIIII The episode may start now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What scar? Toei does Garo now?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Okay, Tohoku Shinsha, you clever bastards.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm bastards?!
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Gonza brought the first aid kit! That's ... yeah stretching it. It's still an excuse to see Gonza. Not enough of him in this series, him trying to fix up Kaoru and Koga in the previous series made for a lot of the warm humor moments.

Jabi.
Yessssssss.
Character most in need of a badass spinoff series or feature movie.

I still don't understand why Sigma is so excited by a Madou ring. He can make ginormous mecha, is he unable to make something as delicate as a ring? That's kind of a big hole in his skillset.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's probably due to the fact that Zaruba is powered by the voice of Hironobu Kageyama, a feat that is hard to replicate in the forging of a Madougu.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Hey leave Leo alone...stop beating him up in many different ways!! He keeps getting up after each one is...admirable. Got a lot of endurance for being a weaker fighter out of twins.

I noticed something, Rouda's chest got face symbol similar to what's on front of train. Does that symbol means anything?
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

JABI'S BACK!! YAY! Love that Rekka bows to her.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

I get the feeling that what they aren't telling us is that Kaoru's brush is really a Madou brush, possibly even the one belonging to Kouga's mother. Just a theory.

I took umbrage with Rekka referring to herself as the strongest Makai Priestess. Of course Jabi showed up to remind her just who is the QB of the Makai Preisthood.

I was hoping we'd get Baron in this as he hasn't been seen in several episodes. Did He die in his last appearance and I missed it?

No that everything is falling into place, I expect the next 4 episodes to be fast and furious action. With Kaoru there (and my theory about her painter's brush) I have this hope that EVERYONE in armor gets a upgrade!

James
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I missed the purple petal effect that appeared when Purple appeared to be eaten. I missed the fact that Sigma's child self was played by the same actor as Purple. But even I caught the way Kouga gasped with recognition at the scar on Sigma's arm. What do you know? Looks like the Makai summer camp episode wasn't filler after all.

Kind of weird to think that we're almost to the end of the series and some of Kouga's allies are just meeting for the first time. I think that makes the Kouga-quote scene even stronger, though. No matter how strong or weak their bonds are to each other, they can unite in their desire to help Kouga, who has helped each of them so much in the past.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So does that mean purple wasn't in the group of ghosts at the end of that episode? So that was all Kouga's imagination?

And if purple survived, why didn't Kouga know about it? It's not like Sigma had a reason to conceal his identity at that point. And was Leo, was he at Makai Priest school at this point?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

not even the teachers seem to know the names of the kids, when they found Purple, they had no way to know who the kid was or which one was his team(also, remember, everybody tought he was dead and it was, i think, the last day of that funny summer camp, so it possible he wasn't found until after kouga had left). or that how i see it...
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

PHurricane wrote:But even I caught the way Kouga gasped with recognition at the scar on Sigma's arm. What do you know? Looks like the Makai summer camp episode wasn't filler after all.
I thought Kouga was getting a good look at the scar he gave Sigma when he defended himself in episode 1. Remember when he met Leo and he grabbed his arm and pushed up his sleeve to see if he was the Red Mask guy?

The summercamp wasn't filler in my book anyway. We got some real insight into how knights are trained, and backstory on Wataru and an explanation for the dangly bit on Kouga's coat. Plus, I'm sure the girl who was briefly featured in that episode was Rekka, that's the retcon connection angle you're searching for.
SilverZero
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Garo/Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Dreamy: Megumi Asou
Favorite Actor?: Neil Patrick Harris
Favorite Band: SNSD
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Jung Soo Yeon
Quote: Without me it's just aweso!

Post by SilverZero »

Soo he can grow a new hand just like that? Man it seems like just yesterday when I found out Garo Makai Senki was coming out and I was so excited. Now it's almost over. I hope they make another movie but nothing like that Red Requiem bullshit.

Return to “Makai Senki”