Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 22 released

Post by takenoko »

Heh, guess the women get stuck with baby sitting Kaoru. Progressive?!

I had to watch the scene at 2:59 a few times because it confused me. There's a sound effect of Rei hitting the guy, and an electric special effect on the guy, but he's clearly not hitting the guy. I've never seen such an obvious special effects mistake before.

Heh, Terminator Gouryuu.

"Rekka, you've become a fine woman." ??? Why would Jabi say that at this point? Why don't we see her saying it to Rekka? That's... kind of weird. I wonder if Eguchi Hiromi had fun playing sexual harassment monster.

Hey, Wataru to the rescue.

I don't know about all the green screen stuff, but Kaoru and Kouga silently reading the Garo picture book is pretty awesome. Oh the last page... I'm glad they didn't show it. But it's funny to tease it like that.

Maybe those guys should have summoned their armors during their ride into the underworld? Heh, Idea's transformation reminds me of Unicron's from the Transformers movie.

Man, Leo's cold. He totally leaves his brother to be eaten by a tentacle monster.

Ummm... hello strange woman. 22:50 I guess you're Ganon? And then it ends. Fine! Hey, is she on stilts? Because that was totally terrifying in the OOO movie. Maybe Japanese are scared of women on stilts.

Pretty good episode, but there's something about the green screening in Makai Senki that seems a bit off compared to the first series. I don't know how to place it, but it bothers more now for some reason. Real nice Kouga and Kaoru moments. It did seem kind of weird to see the trio fighting to stop Sigma, since they didn't know in advance that Ganon would resurrect. It was also weird that Idea would function even without Kouga as the core. I mean, Sigma's been thwarted twice now, so maybe show that Idea isn't working at full capacity since the situation isn't optimal? Otherwise it just makes it look like Sigma's first two ideas weren't that important to begin with.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Makai Senki 22 released

Post by Lunagel »

I hope none of you thought the Ganon chick was hot cause surprise! She's a transvestite!

Someone forgot to turn on the contrast in the first few scenes, it's practically black and white.

Gigi vs Rekka/Jabi fight was pretty awesome. Though, woah, inappropriate boob grab.

Seems like the Madou rings were just limited to saying the obvious this episode.
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu
Favorite Band: Depends on the day
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Music

Post by Alara Moonrunner »

Has the other sword Rei's carrying since that flashback in episode 8 been resolved or has it yet to be? (I haven't seen past 20 yet)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I hope none of you thought the Ganon chick was hot cause surprise! She's a transvestite!

Yeah, when I was researching this episode I kept seeing the name Peter written in katakana. "What? Biita? Piita? What's that say?"

>Someone forgot to turn on the contrast in the first few scenes, it's practically black and white.

It's ooootheeer wooooorldly. Although I did crank up the contrast a bit. (Foolish woman, contrast != color saturation)

>Gigi vs Rekka/Jabi fight was pretty awesome. Though, woah, inappropriate boob grab.

What's that? I think I heard my Inappropriate Use of Sexual Content in Makai Senki Counter go up.
Malancthon
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Malancthon »

Had to register to make this comment.

But the Ganon demon lady? She's been in the intro since the first episode.
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

ARGH!!!!

Can anyone get a good look at that last page of the picture book?

I've been wanting to see that last page ever since the ending of the first series.
What is it that could make Kouga cry? I can see him holding something!!!
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

A good episode. Referencing the first series ending with the picture book was excellent and they kept the last page a mystery as it should be. I love seeing Wataru again. I knew he was going to show up just becasue he had been missing for a few episodes. I really like the whole team of Rekka and Jabi, I'd watch a show about them as Makai Priestess kicking ass, though I think that at the end of the series Amemiya is going to change the rules for Makai Knights and Rekka will get her due.

Man I hope we get to see Wataru's Madou horse next episode...

James
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

takenoko wrote:It did seem kind of weird to see the trio fighting to stop Sigma, since they didn't know in advance that Ganon would resurrect. It was also weird that Idea would function even without Kouga as the core. I mean, Sigma's been thwarted twice now, so maybe show that Idea isn't working at full capacity since the situation isn't optimal? Otherwise it just makes it look like Sigma's first two ideas weren't that important to begin with.
I think there's a couple things that could be going on here. If you give Sigma credit for knowing what he's doing, he may have needed a consciousness to act as a CPU for the thing, and without it, it might be hard to keep "steering" the construct he wished into existence; he did seem intent on feeding the knights into it. That lack of a "CPU" may have helped Gannon revive. It's also possible that his imagination just far outstrips his understanding of the psychic aspects of constructs since he was intent on stealing Zaruba, instead of making a ring of his own. I think that's stretching it though.

I prefer to believe option 3: Gannon has been messing with his head this entire time, all for the sake of being carried back to Shin Makai (the netherworld where Kouga fought Messiah in season 1?) AND being given an upgrade. I like option 3 because Sigma, consistently, has not made sense. Maybe in the beginning when he wanted to make a giant Gouryuu and show off his mad skillz, that was some ePeen I could understand. But as soon as they found the carcass of Gannon he was immediately ok with feeding some people to it, and to killing a random person at the mall to create his butterfly minion. That's not the behavior of someone who wants to show up his dad's decision, that's minion of evil action. And the way he kept tapping Gannon's corpse for more and more power, he was clearly corrupting his body and soul. I think the final piece of evidence was that he thought he needed to put himself into a cocoon to go through the dimensional gate into Shin Makai. Three knights out of armor clung to the outer surface of the orb, it was no different than any other gate passage. So where'd he get the idea he needed to do that? A little voice whispering in his head I think. Meanwhile, during the cocoon stage Sigma's mask grew horns. Yeah, that chrysalis was all from Gannon actually getting Sigma to marinate himself for consumption upon arrival.

I liked the end credit that showed Kaoru "makai painting" her way through Kouga's psyche to find him.

What do Jabi's flags say and is there some significance to them?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Alessar wrote:What do Jabi's flags say and is there some significance to them?
Hard to tell, the kanji's so stylized and they're not really fully visible at any one point.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe it's the first part of her name? 邪

Having a screenshot when making requests like this is always helpful.
Irish Ranger
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Irish Ranger »

The scene with Kauro bringing Kouga to his senses was sweet. No kiss but they hugged so it's a start at least.

And just when I think we're finally going to find out what is on the last page of the picture book, they troll us. Oh well, it's probably for the best that we don't know as we would probably be disappointed with it regardless of what it was.

Jabi and Rekka teaming up was great though their fight seemed a little slower than usual, much like Rekka's fight scenes in Red Requiem. I hope they don't get sidelined for the final battle.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

takenoko wrote: I had to watch the scene at 2:59 a few times because it confused me. There's a sound effect of Rei hitting the guy, and an electric special effect on the guy, but he's clearly not hitting the guy. I've never seen such an obvious special effects mistake before.
I am not sure what you mean? Rei is hitting him twice. First hit is what caused electric special effect to come out. It is because his left sword was slitting his neck, then after that he spins and then uses both swords to hit him into the wall.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i loved kaoru's expression when Jabi and Rekka had their faces close, it was so funny. Btw, there is any translation of the book? Because i would love to know the context of the images.
this series cannot end before the fifth(sixth, seventh, whatever) member of team Kouga joins the battle.
On the other hand, the final page, once again, does NOT appear. I tought it could have been the big picture at the end of episode 2, but it does not look like it. BUT i do think the knight has wings in it.
I was expecting Sigma to become a Horror or a dark knight, but this works too.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Great episode and we got Wataru/Jirou as support but the knights did not used the armors (the producers are saving special effects for last episode) also no Tsubasa sadly. Looks like the next episode its the final one and we will say good bye to Garo again.

I really liked this new arc because of the characters but what I did not liked is that the enemies doesn't seem to be more powerful that the previous enemies. During the first series we saw that Kouga got the green flame sword, Gouten, the great sword/claymore and he got other form in the movie too butin this series we got absolutely nothing. No new weapons, forms or anything else and the enemies still lose to Garo regular form and attacks.

The girls showing finally that Makai priests can fight at mid-high level against the villains. Good job! Jabi and Rekka and they both are definitely stronger than before.

Also the best part of the episode it's this one :mrgreen:

HOLD THAT!!!!!!!!!! xD
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Silentwolfdog wrote: I am not sure what you mean? Rei is hitting him twice. First hit is what caused electric special effect to come out. It is because his left sword was slitting his neck, then after that he spins and then uses both swords to hit him into the wall.
Ah okay, I didn't see the sword on the neck. That explains it.

Return to “Makai Senki”