Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Garo Makai Senki 23 released

Post by Tuss4 »

as far as the CGI models go Dan's actually looked really well done. The mass produced knights looked terrible though.

I liked that cliffhanger ending though.

dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

So the mass-produced knights thing is a lot like samurai, where the really wealthy, high-up ones would have ornate armour and all the little rank-and-film samurai would have fairly generic, mass-produced armour. Of course, this would only make even more sense if Kouga, Rei, and all them, were known to have vassal knights beneath them and their gear was funded by the lord knights. It's awesome.

Now all that's left is for Kouga to become Makai Shogun!
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Yeah I agree that this episode was too CGI heavy. It did feel like watching a long cut scene from a video game like Final Fantasy or something like that. Some of the effects were pretty cool but some of them did look weak. Seeing all those nameless CGI Makai Knights reminded me of seeing all those CGI Jedi Knights in Attack of the Clones. We have no connection with them and feel like it is too random. I'm glad to see Tsubasa join in on the fun but he did look like he was swiping his spear at nothing. :roll:
icecreamhendrix
Secretly a Robot in Disguise
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Megumi Asou
Favorite Band: The Jimi Hendrix Exp
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Transformers
Quote: There's no time to waste! I must summon the Justice League to an emergency meeting! It may well take our combined powers to battle the awesome menace of Starro and its starfish-deputies! - Aquaman
Location: What's the point of this, everyone else just writes something snarky

Post by icecreamhendrix »

I think the worst part was seeing the mass-produced Makai Knights. I liked it when each Knight had their own individual armor and identity. It gave off a more legend-like vibe, like just seeing one was akin to seeing a unicorn. It's like the big Jedi fight at the end of Attack of the Clones, when all the Jedi turned out to be punks except for the regulars.

Lotta SW Prequel comparisons in this one, huh?
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I actually have nothing against the use of CGI in this kind of episode. Even if they are pushing their financial envelope with this kind of thing, I actually like it.

We see four nicely done Knight armors and see them fight and then we get the lower ranks. It makes sense that they don't have armors as nice as Kouga/Garo, Rei/Zero, Leo/Rondo, Tsubasa/Dan and Wataru/Baron when you remember how they reacted to Kouga's sheath a few episodes ago.

I also liked how Kouga, Rei and Tsubasa all donned their armor and their horses appeared with the theme song. I'm just a nerd for things like that.

Return to “Makai Senki”