Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 24 released

Post by takenoko »

41 seconds in: Oh thank god, Gouten is okay. I mean, you did throw him into an exploding face thing, but I guess he can survive things like that.

Heh at Shiguto's overcompensating brush. That thing is huge compared to the others

You know, I kind of noticed it last time too, but is it me or is the audio badly mixed together? Like Leo saying "Are da!" at 1:22 in, he's totally being drowned out by the music.

Let's see. I guess Leo's arrow brush is Mio's. It's a pity that even the named knights end up having generic blue arrows.

2:16 Ganon's face, so great. Oh god, last boss is flying Ganon head and Garo has to fire a Kaoru arrow?

No words Mio? Last chance. Oh? Guess not.

Okay... Kouga and Sigma fight makes up for the last episode. Why did we ever fight, baby? Oh man, I thought Kouga and Kaoru were going to kiss when they got squished together. Ouch, that sucks about Kouga's mansion.

Oh man, Kaoru's painting. Don't let it be destroyed again!

Oh man, I would have liked to see more of Rekka and Jabi sparring. Maybe it's my imagination, but those two seem like one of the few guests who were actually in the same spot. My theory is the excessive green screen use is because they couldn't arrange all the guest actors to appear at the same time, so they were added back in digitally.

Kaoru's book at 22:16 says Shiroi Reijyu to Himitsu no Mori, "The White Spirit Beast and the Secret Forest".

Isn't that the plaza from the beginning of Beast of the White Night? I'm a bit confused, if the picturebook she was making was about the spirit beast, then what was that stuff with the girl and the wing that we've been seeing at the end credits? I mean, she has a book of it at the end, so it's real in the show too.

Huh, a special. I wonder what that's all about.

Edit:
Now that I've had some time for that episode to sink in, I have some more thoughts on it. It's a pretty satisfactory ending to the second series. And while I didn't love the second season the way I did the first, it definitely had a lot of great moments despite also having a lot of problems. I think the biggest problem was the expectations the first series created. It's hard to travel down the road of "but we already did it in season 1" and "we've got to take it up a notch" and "this worked in season 1, so we've got to use it 300 times in this season".

I'm glad to see Kouga and Kaoru back together, again, for the first time. Oh wait, a kiss. That's weird. I mean, naked ladies and boob grabbing is one thing, but kissing? Let's not get vulgar here. Sarcasm (or whatever that was) aside, it's kind of strange to see a kiss in a tokusatsu show. It's just not something you see often on Japanese TV.

It's surprising how important that flashback episode was. I guess I'm a little surprised that Sigma didn't realize that Kouga was White until this point. I almost wish that they had found out sooner because that would have put an interesting personal slant on their relationship. I dunno. I sort of like that they even reference the promise. I mean, I didn't realize what promise he meant when watching it, but then you get this "Oh yeah, they did make a promise in that episode. Who knew that would play a role in this?"

They always do this. I kind of want to see the Promised Land now that they've mentioned it. And if they do a Garo 3, will we learn more about Gajari?

Man, I still feel that it sucks to see Kouga's mansion destroyed. I mean, we didn't see it that much, but we'd all feel bad if Batman's Bat Cave were destroyed or something.

Anyway, glad for the resolution with Kaoru and Kouga's story. It's great seeing all the side characters in the end roll. The fight was very visceral and not CGI. All in all great.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Garo Makai Senki 24 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

The mansion... =( Man cleaning up's gonna be a bitch. Imagine flying debris hitting people all over the city. How many people are gonna be injured?!

A flying head? The last boss was Zeong!? That's... a little disappointing.

I guess this is the obligatory in-the-air-madness-fight-scene. They had that back in Season 1's finale too, with Garo fighting Kiba on Messiah's portal ring thingum.

Kaoru's painting... It survived a fall from the air!? What the heck is it made of?!

We'll probably see more of that "Promised Land" in the upcoming Garo movie.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Man I would like more of an epic battle with Ganon but I guess they had to save it for Sigma.
2:16 Ganon's face, so great. Oh god, last boss is flying Ganon head and Garo has to fire a Kaoru arrow?
This remind me of Zelda when you had to shoot Ganon with the light arrows to finish him off.

RIP Kouga's mansion

It was such a sweet place but at least the painting is all ok especially I was more worry about the painting than Kouga at times. I hate Tsubasa's hair style so much but at least it makes sense that he would be training the next generation of Makai Knights with Zan... I mean Baron. Shiguto has a new brush with two heads. I guess he didn't need to over-compensate for something anymore with the previous brush he had.

It was nice to see Kouga and Kaoru acknowledging their love with a kiss. It's about time but at the same time, Kouga had to immediately leave for the Promised Land made it bittersweet. It would be neat if they sell the picture book for real.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

How dare you cut Kaoru! No one messes with his woman! SAEJIMA KOUGA'S ABOUT TO LAY A SMACKDOWN ON A BITCH, MOTHERF*CKER!

Horray a kiss! Not a very good one, but I'll take it cause it's the closest we'll probably get to actual sexy time in this show!

Have to wonder if Sigma ever figured out that Kouga was Shiro. It was pretty broadly hinted at but never really explained. At least we know Kouga knows Sigma was Murasaki though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote:Have to wonder if Sigma ever figured out that Kouga was Shiro.
I think they did. I mean, Kouga recognizing Purple completely went over my head, but I think Sigma seeing the friendship lapel thingy and recognizing it was a pretty good way of conveying that they were buddies once.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

(Moderately) GREAT GARO ENDING KIIIIIITTTTAA!

At the end of 23, I was seriously gonna do a falcon punch mv if the punch connected.

Arrows thing was kinda cool. Nothing over the top, but not in the dirt either.

2:21. THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THERE!!!!

Eh...headshot? Cooler with maki knights.

The moment I saw Kaoru get cut, I expected Kouga to go ape-shit on Sigma, but the resulting fight was still good as is.

Where will Gonza stay now that his home is gone?

Question about the barrier; I know that Kouga said he didn't need his armor to fight a human, but since the place that the barrier was surrounding broke up and scattered, was the barrier still in place?

(stops sharpening my weapons.) Well, I got the kiss that I wanted. Now I don't have to go hunting.

I didn't expect the 'I am your friend' thing at all. I simply thought of it as a way to show he's more than human.

All in all, this was an excellent season. Sure, we had less level 2 and 3 Horrors than the first, but they did go over the top with the stories and writing they put into this one.

I'm sitting on pins and needles now for the movie. My solem hope is that it involves a certain exchange of words and jewelry, but that's extremely wishful thinking.

Side note: Notice how the big brush was still a 'small arrow.'

WAIT!!!!
Just remembered something. Scrolling back, they never did give an explanation as to why Zaruba was needed for Idea (and if they did, correct me)
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

OMG!
OMG! OMG! OMG!

I don't know if they topped last season, but to me it was fairly close.

They FINALLY kissed!. Although, this "Promised Land", sounds so much like "Going into the West." At the same time, I'm not sure how to feel about it. I knew there was going to be a price, but can't they every have a real 'Happy Time'? I don't want necessarily a 'Happy Ever After'. Just SOME time when the two of them are together and totally happy and true to each other's feelings.

I really want to get BOTH of the Garo Picture books; "The Black Flame and the Golden Wind", as well as the "Wing Book". I have an idea what the last page of the first book is... I just really want to see it!

The Ending wasn't disappointing, but at the same time... ARGH!

MUST WATCH NEXT GARO!!!

... is it bad that I want my GF to dress up like Kaoru in her various white dresses. They look so beautiful on her... makes me wonder how she will look in it...
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This episode had a lot of parallels with the final from the last season, beat the main villain early in the episode, fight the other guy in the sky at the end.

I do like the callback they give with Sigma being purple, without actually saying anything.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Hooray a kiss scene! Oh whew, paint's safe!

For moment there I thought Leo joined Sigma's side as final plot twist by trying to hit Kouga. Whew.

Kinda sad how everything turned out for Sigma. Although, at least he finally did one right thing by giving his brother his brush so that Leo can save himself. I don't understand the meaning of Sigma seeing his brush turning into Mio's brush momentarily?
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

he end of this episode was more tender than the previous season but it kind of had to be everything everyone went through. Well I guess my wish of the Senate finally allowing female Makai Knights is left up in the air. I mean Jabi training Rekka is kind of ambiguous. You just know that the sspecial is going to deal with the Garaji somehow.

I think Kaoru writing a book about Tsubasa is indicative of his role in the final battle. Him showing up like he did reflected the turning of the tide. I'm really surprised that the Senate isn't takinga closer look at Kaoru given how she has been involved of 2 of the major events in Makai history now. Also, her having a Makai brush should senda red flag to them.

After all that, how does Kouga not get hailed as the greates knight who ever lived?

James
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

Do like it when show have a throwback to a seeming useless episode, making both epic like. I sure most of us though when they did the flashback episode that it was more than needed as we already knew that Kouga had a sour past. Very good follow up.

So he is off to a new place which means that Kaoru's actor only get minor role pay for the movie. . . oh well. Hope it comes out soon so I dont have to wait too long to finally close the book on Garo.
FangTrigger wrote:Question about the barrier; I know that Kouga said he didn't need his armor to fight a human, but since the place that the barrier was surrounding broke up and scattered, was the barrier still in place?

Just remembered something. Scrolling back, they never did give an explanation as to why Zaruba was needed for Idea (and if they did, correct me)
Actually both of those are quite simple, The Barrier broke when the house lifted, hence how Reo was able to get onto the building as it left.

And for the second they acutally explained with the next episode and the Horror who could read ancient writing. Sigma wanted to use Zaruba to translate the tablet in front of Ganon's body.
Yuusha wrote: I'm really surprised that the Senate isn't takinga closer look at Kaoru given how she has been involved of 2 of the major events in Makai history now. Also, her having a Makai brush should senda red flag to them.
Technically it wasn't a Makai brush, and since the only time it seemed to emanate power it got used in arrow form I don't think many people would notice. Plus because of her relationship with Kouga and the fact that it was Reo who brought her to the Spirit Beast I think the Senate see it as more of a coincidence. That and she might be a little old for Makai Priest training.
V V King
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by V V King »

A KISS ! IT'S ABOUT FRICKING TIME !

Also : any possibility of subbing this trailer for the special ?
http://garo-project.jp/movie2/index.html
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

The good:
1) The final battle without armor is interesting indeed. It actually beat the fight with Kiba in first season for me.
2) We finally get to see that Kouga's feeling with Kaoru is for real.
3) Everyone loves arrows. They are cool.
4) We get to see how everyone is doing in the epilogue.

The bad:
1) For someone being the "Fang of Messiah", Ganon is so... lame? Aside from some tentacle rape on Sigma, she didn't really do much, not even when she's riding on Idea. Of course, this should be in episode 23, but I don't think they even bothered to explain what those rally point beams are. I suppose they were to carry Idea to the surface world, but at least has Leo yelled out "She's heading towards the surface world!" or something.
2) I hate it when they are pulling the Rufus trick again. Why couldn't they explain how Sigma the Purple kid survived the slaughter? Nope, they had to do with the "promise", which was not even made with a "It's a promise then". Of course, the last thing you know, they will release a special for Sigma, just like Kiba.

That still, Kouga, the guy is not even a horror at all. You sure showed him hell after a little cut on your girlfriend's face, didn't you? (Well, every guy in his own right will...)

And you, Sigma, you were surely as blind as a bat from all the rage to not noticing those accessories on your sworn enemy throughout the series, weren't you?

I would like to talk about my overall thought on season 2, but that should be in another thread, I guess...
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

What? No backpack this time? Goddamn it, I only watched this entire season to see what goofy-ass backpack Garo would get. My time, it is wasted.

...oh, I see, the backpack is on Kouga himself this time, as he flits off to join the Goseiger in their defense against movie-titled villains. GOTCHA!
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Well it took until 18:13 into this episode, but I finally got the kiss I'd been waiting to see since the first series! As brief as it was, that's fine, at least they finally got it done. Even Zaruba got one, that smooth operator! :lol:

Overall a nice a end to a great series. Looking forward to the special and indeed the new movie. Seems as though we could finally be saying goodbye to Kouga. If he and Kaoru don't end up happily ever after, I swear I'm gonna... :x

Return to “Makai Senki”