Garo Makai Senki 24 released

locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: Garo Makai Senki 24 released

Post by locuas »

Kouga...in that kind of situations, you don't say "when i return, i will fulfill the promise", you say "when i return, would you marry me?" there, if you said that, then the scene would have been perfect for me. buuut, at least we got a kiss.

Kinda expected the full episode being just about kouga before leaving to the promised land and Kaoru, and sigma being the movie's villain. But this works too.

lol, the painting is the ONLY thing of the mansion that is still in one piece xD.

i wonder if the final of the movie will gonna be kouga and kaoru's wedding(seriously, we need a makai wedding xD)
KR_FIA wrote:That still, Kouga, the guy is not even a horror at all.
Sigma said he was gonna die anyway, sure Kouga just wanted to give him a peaceful death.
takenoko wrote:I'm a bit confused, if the picturebook she was making was about the spirit beast, then what was that stuff with the girl and the wing that we've been seeing at the end credits?
i think it's like narnia's "the lion, the witch and the wardrobe", it was just a part of the story(like the wardrobe) and the story is about the girl(kaoru) searching for her dear golden knight. Probably it was a very important plot point, but had a very small role. but, i don't think we can be sure unless they release that picture book.
Fiftern
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by Fiftern »

Hi guys,

Did anyone has found the ending theme with the choral ???

I just found it very refreshing ?
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

takenoko wrote:
Lunagel wrote:Have to wonder if Sigma ever figured out that Kouga was Shiro.
I think they did. I mean, Kouga recognizing Purple completely went over my head, but I think Sigma seeing the friendship lapel thingy and recognizing it was a pretty good way of conveying that they were buddies once.
I could have sworn they showed every other member of the summer camp squad die on screen. I think that bit could have been handled better. Ah well.

The one impression I got from the finale bits was Jabi and Rekka teaming up. It was like someone whispered in my ear "Kei and Yuri are going on a new assignment..." Bonus points to any old school enough to get the reference.

Oh and my theory about the book is Kaoru made TWO. One her published kid's story, inspired by her magical walk with Leo; and the other a personal story with more of the Garo content in it.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

it was subtle, tbut they showed sigma using the escape spell before being eaten.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

locuas wrote:it was subtle, tbut they showed sigma using the escape spell before being eaten.
Oh yea
That escape spell with the roses
didn't notice that at all
i totally forgot that existed
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This was a great episode. It was still CGI heavy but somehow, I didn't mind it as everything felt epic. I'm glad that Kouga recognized Sigma for being Purple. It looked like Sigma realized it right after he chopped off that item on Kouga's coat. This revelation made me go back and watch the ending of Episode 15 and yes, Purple never got eaten as he had escaped. Anyways, I enjoyed the epilogue seeing everyone continuing on with their lives (Jabi and Rekka training, Kaoru selling her book but keeping another, and the two KR Kiva alumni training younglings together). The ending was confusing but I'm sure that will be explained in the next movie...
hisakuya
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral

Post by hisakuya »

RIP House, we gonna miss you.

Poor Kaoru, She got well dressed for the big announcement and ended caught up with the big fight between Kouga and Sigma

Spoiler
I think being crushed by Kouga by the window is adequate compensation :wink: :mrgreen: :lol: .
KamenRiderBritannia
Adventure
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Tōrisugari no Kamen Raidā da, oboeteoke!"
("Just a passing through Kamen Rider, remember that!")
"Walking the path of Heaven, the man who'll rule everything."
"Ore...SANJOU!!!!"

Post by KamenRiderBritannia »

perhaps im missing something, but....how exactly do we know which of Kougas group sigma was? i mean usre, it looked like he did recognise the lanyard thingy when he cut it from Kougas coat, but....thats it. everyone keeps saying Sigma was Purple after this episode, but i just dont see it. and someone else said that not only did Sigma tecognise Kouga as white, but Kouga recognised Sigma aswell.

What am i missing?

also, didnt all 3 of them die leaving Kouga/White as the soul survivor of their group?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Of the group, only Murasaki had a Madou brush so it's a good bet that was Sigma. Also in that episode the boys were comparing scars and Murasaki had a large one on his right arm, which we saw a few episodes on Sigma's arm. It's a lot of very subtle clues, which I applaud the writers for, it's much more interesting than having it blatantly thrust in your face.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Does anyone else feel really sorry for Kaoru? She puts up with so much and gets practically nothing in return. Here's a guy she has feelings for that seem to stem from him being kind and a protector, fair enough. But he's emotionally distant, hardly ever spends time with her, and the times she tries to set up time for them to be together he either doesn't show or has to leave straight away. He's never actually said he has feelings for her and only shows it in the most cryptic and roundabout ways.

For god sake she has to deal with the fact he's in mortal danger all of the time (quite often in front of her very eyes) and the only return she gets for the stress and heartache is the odd awkward glance and one single kiss. She doesn't seem to have any friends or family of her own either, she seems so very very lonely. Gonza is the closest thing she has to a friend, and she's only around him when she is waiting for Kouga.

And the real kicker is that she doesn't see to have any backbone about it either! She doesn't get angry or visibly upset, she doesn't confront Kouga or just leave, because what else does she have? She just accepts it, because the alternative is giving up on the dream that someday they will be happy together and confronting how alone she is. She's completely submissive and takes a whole load of punishment and I feel very sorry for her.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i felt sorry for her when she discovered Kouga was dying. and about the time together, well, i think they DO spend some time together, just off-screen, and they have been in dates one or twice. Also, they did hold hands(a little thing, but hey, it's something).

she HAD a friend in season 1, and this season focus more on Kouga than Kaoru, so we don't see all that much of her life besides the book.

I felt sorry for her? yes, but i don't think it is so bad for her to give up in their relationship
Spoiler
(unlike joe quesada did to Mary Jane in spider-man: one moment in time)
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana

Post by HIDragonstar »

harpdevil wrote:
For god sake she has to deal with the fact he's in mortal danger all of the time (quite often in front of her very eyes) and the only return she gets for the stress and heartache is the odd awkward glance and one single kiss. She doesn't seem to have any friends or family of her own either, she seems so very very lonely. Gonza is the closest thing she has to a friend, and she's only around him when she is waiting for Kouga.
I do feel sorry for her. Although, I think with all her waiting she is actually very strong. Like in Episode 17, she is strong enough to wait for him, since there is nothing else she can do. All she can do is trust him and hope for his return. Its almost like someone who is married to a solider. They leave and you don't know when/if they are coming back from a war zone. The only thing she can do is support him when they are together. Also, he needs that support, he has trouble expressing his feelings, but remember that she is his reason for fighting.
harpdevil wrote:
And the real kicker is that she doesn't see to have any backbone about it either! She doesn't get angry or visibly upset, she doesn't confront Kouga or just leave, because what else does she have? She just accepts it, because the alternative is giving up on the dream that someday they will be happy together and confronting how alone she is. She's completely submissive and takes a whole load of punishment and I feel very sorry for her.
There isn't much she can do. The only thing she can do is 'paint'. If we believe 'Garo Gaiden', she's a Makai Artist. She can inspire, and be the person back home. Yet she is almost useless in a major fight. She can reach out with her feelings to others, but her versus a minor Horror and she'd be in big trouble. (I think Rin the little of girl of "Beast of White Night" has a better chance against a Horror than her.)

I managed to get a peek at the 'last page' of "Black Flame and Golden Wind". Took my many tries and I still can't figure out how to screen cap it.

What I managed to see...
Spoiler
A picture of the girl that is adventuring in Kaoru's 'Picture Book' this season, looks like they are holding each other. I couldn't see any writing that I could translate. Trying to get a decent screen cap and run it through a filter.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

It was a good finale, the final stand against Ganon felt a bit rushed, but then again, the entire last episode focused on that, maybe if the final head form of ganon had been more threatening or something, but iguess the point of the whole scene was to show the power of the combined forces of Priests and knights.

The final battle between kouga and sigma was really well executed, both action and drama wise, i kind of felt bad for kaoru while watching the fight since she was seeing kouga trying to cut down a human, is kind of a dark twist for his character, but it made sense for him to do so. I liked sigma´s end, in my opinion he was a far better villain than Kiba, i mean sure, he was powerfull and a greater threat, but sigma was more proactive and had a better reasoning behind his actions, specially when you realize he is purple, watching back that episode, i really felt bad for him knowing his future, he wanted to be a proud makai knight and said chance was denied to him, seeing him use his last moments to save his brother was quite fitting and a great ending for him, thanks to kouga and his final revelation Sigma could finally die in peace.

I really do feel bad for kaoru, she hoped the best for that night and things took the worst possible turn, i guess she accepts this because just like kouga, she understands what a life of sacrifice means, and she still has the promise he made so she will wait, its no fair to her in any way, but i think things will work out for her.

Overall it was a great series, perhaps not as amazing as the first season, but it did a good job of expanding the Garo universe without making the original feel cheap, as a sequel series is definitely a success, maybe they could have cut back some of the CGI but the imaginery of the series was wonderful, they could have used a bit more Dan and Wataru but they fullfilled their part so i will not complain.

Thank you TV-Nihon for working on such an splendid series.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

A nice episode. I was expecting a CGI heavy last fight, but fortunately, they killed Ganon quickly and did an untrasformed last fight against Sigma. The spinning mansion was interesting and Kaoru being there added some variety.

An epilogue showing everybody, which is always good, since it's common not to do stuff like that, the resolution of the training camp plot, which was very well conducted (show, don't tell), and the kiss. I just think that the kiss would've been cooler if they weren't flying in a CGI background. Just having them kiss besides a beautiful real background would've been better.

The arrow finisher they used agains ganon was good.

This season was good.

It expanded the Garo world a lot, showing much of the Makai organization and of the spirit world. It was also nice seeing a lot of other knights and priests and having all of them fight against the big villain, instead of having Kouga do everything alone like in the 1st season, even if Kouga did far more than the others. The new named knights were also cool, especially Zanki. Learning about how knights are trained was good too.

Kouga grew a lot. He went from a antisocial guy to a mentor figure for Rekka in Red Requiem and a true leader in this season. His relationship with Kaoru was well done this time. I complained a lot at the beginning, but from that episode where Rekka shows up on, it was pretty well done. Kaoru isn't a silly girl, she is a strong woman that waits for her warrior boyfriend and she knows she can't be selfish and compain about it because he's out there saving people. And even if she did complain, he wouldn't stop doing it. Kouga is more straightforward than before and we see that he wants to be with her, but he has a very harsh duty. And we see that she is his rock.

Bringing all the characters back was awesome, though we could've had more Jabi.

The choreography was nice as always. And there were some interesting MOTWs, as usual in Garo. The only problem I had was with the heavy use of CGI. In the 1st series, they fought mainly in the city. Occasionally, in a forest. There was some CGi, but mostly against real background.

At first, it was the same in the 2nd season. But then they started doing a lot of fights against CGI backgrounds and reduced the shots with the suit actors. That's bad because with the level of CGI they have, they just can't do a fight as good as the ones they do with the actors. And the backgrounds are not very creative. They lookeed pretty generic and I felt I spent a good time watching the knights fight against a grey background.

The music was awesome as always.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The ending was a lot better than I expected and it completely saved the series for me. After be disappointing that Garo didn't got any new weapons or upgrades at least in story the series was as good as the first one and probably have a better ending.

Sigma was which kid? purple? I need to watch the flash back episode again because I don't remember him. Kouga saw his 3 dead friends after he killed the horror in that episode but I don't remember if they were more than 3 kids in each group.

yay for the kiss! Kouga finally showing his love for Kaoru after being so cold all this time. I suppose that the special is going to show us the "true ending" because this ending at first looks like the "bad ending" until Kaoru smile at then end. I suppose that Kouga its back and we just did not saw it and this is probably the "good ending" or "open ending" and the writers are just going to let our imagination to complete the story.

We also finally saw the last page of the book :). Oh man such a great show! Thanks a lot TV Nihon for subbing this great series. This show make me miss the old good times of Kamen Rider Ryuki and Kabuto.
Final Vent!

Return to “Makai Senki”