XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Makai Senki 01

Post by XIII »

Alessar wrote:Question for the staff - who's singing in the end? It sounded like Masami Okui to me. If not her, it's someone maddeningly familiar. I need to know!
I think its JAM Project doing the song again, not sure on who from the group is doing the majority of the vocals for this one
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it's Okui Masami. I think she's the only female vocalist in JAM project currently, with Matsumoto Rica apparently quitting the group.
Hale
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Maaya Sakamoto <3
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage from Mythbusters <3

Post by Hale »

I can't speak for the others but I was concentrating solely on points which I was worried would repeat in future episodes. In fact,I specifically mentioned that I was not considering the plot of the storyline at all since it's the first episode(other than I suppose being worried about the good old qq, leave me alone bit).

I find that watching shows without analyzing them to some level is kinda saddening on the part of the viewers, the producers of the show put a lot of effort into each episode of the show (Garo in particular methinks, what with the massive amount of work it takes to choreograph the stunts, work in the cg, push the plot along,etc.) Watching shows and being glad that they're made at all is a fallacy in my opinion, much like FFX-2 wasn't what people who played FFX were expecting or Gundam SEED Destiny basically being a pretty painful followup to it's predecessor.

That said, I would also like to enforce that I never said that I disliked episode 1 or anything, I just felt it's an (admittedly minor) deviation from what I have come to expect from Garo.

P.S: Hopefully this won't become some kinda big argument or anything, if it does and someone feels the need to argue my opinion/etc, feel free to pm instead of this thread. I'm not sure what the boundaries on this forum.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

first half of the episode ehhh not my thing theres something really awkward about the torture thingy, instead of being gritty/scary it was "boring??" in a campy and uncomfortable way just like every Saw sequel.

really liked the artsy history of the lighter those animated + live action bits are allways amazing to look at. Yay sand clock timer is back!!

Kouga why you dieing?! if he goes all emo on us i call quits... or atleast ill be upset for days :<

Spoiler
who was the one questioning Grace? is it a buttler like Kodama or they got a replacement for the knight Barrago killed?
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Yay! He's back!! (Near end of ep) Noo~ Aww! Not Kouga! T_T

But I sort of cheered when I see the butler and Kaoru return. It's like seeing an old friend again.

Hopefully this series will have a bit more of romance thing going on more than last series hehe.

Fun ep.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

You guys had me fooled. I thought there was no more GARO forever?

Nice, I don't know why it took so long for a sequel. I like how this Horror had a blatant personalty. The change in design is a bit strange (less ugly monster looking, but maybe the mechaness was only for this one).

It is an interesting plot twist. Hopefully it will allow the other Knights to pick up some of the slack. That is, if Kouga actually tells anyone about it (although, Zaruba seems quite blabby, he'll probably do it).
Devil D
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by Devil D »

it might sound like blasphemy but I was hoping for a new cast of characters. It is great to see all the familiar faces but like alot of tokusatsu, each season is its own series, was thinking that would be the same.

But it was a good episode. Not great, but the final hook got me, and the batte was pretty awesome. I espxecially cringed during that kicked to old mans head.

Anyone else think the masked person might be a woman? Something silky smooth about what little skin he showed.
Nova
7X
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Nova »

Awesome! I am so happy that Garo is back. And thank you TV-Nihon for subbing it! :)
EatChowMein
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by EatChowMein »

jedimax wrote:Who plays the Horror in this one? He looks familiar.
I think he's Stresemann from nodame cantabile.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like how he changes is voice when he gets possessed. It's sweet.

Also, I'm a little disappointed in the OP. I was expecting something that would surpass saviour in the dark, but maybe that'll come later.
Alessar
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Woo, good to know. It's funny, I only know her voice from Rinbu Revolution (the Utena theme), but it was that memorable.
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

That was a really good first episode, IMO. I don't mind the nudity, honestly. Its Garo, after all. Unlike Red Requiem though, this FELT like Garo, and thats the most important bit of all this.

Also, NO MORE GARO EVER.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
JCLegendary
Adventure

Post by JCLegendary »

I wouldn't be too worried about nudity. It seems that Adult Tokus like to put nudity in the first episode, just to get the "Not for kids" idea out there, and then forget about it. Season 1 had like 3 naked ladies, I doubt Season 2 will be any different.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

GARO vs ankh... :mrgreen: seems like the hand guy was not a horror but a greeed... :mrgreen:

as for the complaints people are talking about... this is still just the first episode... its more like a set up episode telling viewers that this is what you'll be expecting in following this show: monsters, blood, violence... and boobies... :mrgreen:
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Garo is back baby! I liked this episode and had no problem with Kouga making his first appearance in the second half of the film. I was wondering where I saw the guy who played the Horror though until I found it's Naoto Takenaka. The last time I saw him was in Jackie Chan's "The Shinjuku Incident." That chick in the beginning of the film who went half naked looked pretty hot too. I also had no problem with her showing us her nice boobs. Lol...The action was done well too and it did look grounded which I don't mind. With the way how the episode ended with Kouga getting poisoned or whatever has gotten me intrigued. Now he's the one that's in danger unlike Kaoru in the first season. I'm interested in seeing where this goes...

Return to “Makai Senki”