Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 03 released

Post by takenoko »

Man, while the story was kind of dumb, you have to appreciate the Garo creators for the effort they put into pushing the boundaries of special effects. Kouga driving a car and riding a bike is pretty silly, but they force it to make it pretty exciting with the long panning shots of the vehicles.

The only thing I wish they had done was to film the last scene at night, because Gouten looks a lot more fake during the day. I can understand that it's hard to get lighting at night though.

I guess my main complaint about this week's story is that it breaks the rule of thumb about not asking your audience to believe too many far fetched things. Like if you ask the audience to believe in magic and sorcery, don't throw predator and Darth Vader into that same story, or things seem really off putting. Like I can see Kouga grabbing a motorcyle to chase down a guy possessed by a Horror on a bike. Asking me to believe he's chasing a possessed bike that's actually a robot dragon that's created from Horrors that's gone berserk because it tasted blood, makes me think that it's pretty retarded.

But anything with Gouten is great, and we get to see... eh... water skiing Garo. But it's all worth it for the guest appearance at the end. The music that plays during that scene is even fitting for this character.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Makai Senki 03 released

Post by Lunagel »

I really disliked this episode. Flimsy pretext and some of the most ridiculous scenes I've ever seen. We've never so much as seen Kouga in the back seat of a car and now he's driving not only a car but a motorcycle? It just made no sense. This episode was boring, repetitive and kinda unbelievable. I will be happy if they never show another motorcycle again in this show.

However I was happy to see Rei. Mostly because he broke up the monotony but also since he's awesome and we need more characters.
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

I agree that the plot was kinda silly and unneeded >< Like if it rlly did start killing ppl, just destroy it and make another one....
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

It was one of the more boring episodes of Garo I have ever seen and if there wasnt that little reveal/appearence at the end of the episode then I would have said the episode was without redemption. Two little questions also:

1) How did Leo catch up with the Horror and Kouga when they were riding Motorcycles and he was RUNNING?

2) I understand the attachment to "Colt" but why didnt they outright destroy it instead of risking their lives and other people's lives to save it?

On a side note: Did anybody notice that the ending changes a little every episode?

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

This has nothing to do with the episode, but Garo needs a Giant, mechanical, golden dragon to ride on.
Anyone agree?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I'd hit it
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

FangTrigger wrote:This has nothing to do with the episode, but Garo needs a Giant, mechanical, golden dragon to ride on.
Anyone agree?
It would be even cooler if Garo could turn into the Giant mechanical dragon since he has enough "winged" forms.

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

Lunagel wrote:We've never so much as seen Kouga in the back seat of a car and now he's driving not only a car but a motorcycle?
Bam:
Image Image
Episode 25. How could you forget the tears of a Makai Knight? I guess to be fair he's in the passenger's seat and not the back...
Akari wrote:Two little questions also:

1) How did Leo catch up with the Horror and Kouga when they were riding Motorcycles and he was RUNNING?

2) I understand the attachment to "Colt" but why didnt they outright destroy it instead of risking their lives and other people's lives to save it?

On a side note: Did anybody notice that the ending changes a little every episode?
1) I'm guessing because roads twist, and Kouga was somewhat able to lure it where he wanted it to go. Also hardcore Makai Priest training.

2) I think it was because it was a major advancement in technology that allows Makai Priests to fight Horrors on their own. And Leo would have cried.

And yeah, I noticed last episode when fish-Kaoru showed up.

So is anyone else a little creeped out by mature Rei-sempai? It's just not right somehow...
Oh well, I still love him.
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Damn, I thought there was a little niggling doubt "Hey Kouga's been in a car before."

He wasn't wearing a seatbelt though. XD
Devil D
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by Devil D »

HES BACK!!! Rei was my favorite character from the first show.

But yes, the plot was weak at best, I think what killed it most was less that it was an episode of them simply hunting a semi-horror and more the setup to the episode. I think it would have been easier if Colt was a nameless Makai tool gone rogue and they had to team up to track it down. Theemotonal attachment was something i would expect from a family or kid friendly toku.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

I kept getting distracted by their choice in blacking out the helmet when it was DUH a stunt driver. Less distracting to have someone who vaguely looks like the actor then having black helmet OH KOUGA clear as day, BLACK HELMET, Kouga agian.... >< Seriously?

Oddly I can understand the purpose of this episode, to point out clearly the fine line between horror and useful item for good. Though they SHOULD have taken a better road when doing it.

YAY! Rei's back!
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Guess I am one of few that actually enjoyed this ep. It's fun to watch Garo outside of his typical role doing all those wacky stunts while riding car, motorcycle, then Gouten.

Kinda cool to see Colt prop having depth instead of one of those props that will just get used and then forgotten.

It is actually kinda cool to see outside being daylight while Kouga is still in Garo mode especially in suit version. Certainly gives off different feeling than if it was during dark.

And nice to see a bit more depth into Leo character. Seems like he is a guy that's passion about creations of his.

Love that scene at end, Rei was like "Whee, lookie at what I have on my chest!".
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

wasn't the point of the ep to strengthen the new bond between leo and kouga? I don't see why the episode is useless, you kinda get some insight into leo's personality. it was cool seeing the guest at the end.

Mitsumi
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Mitsumi »

well this episode was to establish leo as a character and rei is back which is always a good thing since we haven´t seen him in while

kinda misst the effing huge sword gouten usually provides
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Yeah this was a weak episode. My mind get being distracted and was doing other things while I watched this one. I found the plot to be weak and the Horror didn't make any sense. Maybe they want to put focus onto a motorcycle to promote the motorcylce? Who knows. I'm glad to see Rei back at the end though. I missed seeing him. He was the only saving grace from a lackluster episode.

Return to “Makai Senki”