Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 01 released

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 01 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I was worried before watching this, even with the cool trailers. I shouldn't have doubted though.

Ryuuga is like Kouga, caring deep down, but instead of being serious and no nonsense, he jokes around. I think it will be good contrast for once.
Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche »

Cool opening.

Don't know what to think about Ryuga. He doesn't transpires the seriousness that I was used when Kouga was the warrior.

Barbarism the way he slaughtered that horror without explain the reason to the fiance, family and friends. Quite traumatic.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Joosche wrote:Cool opening.

Don't know what to think about Ryuga. He doesn't transpires the seriousness that I was used when Kouga was the warrior.

Barbarism the way he slaughtered that horror without explain the reason to the fiance, family and friends. Quite traumatic.
You're gonna tell everyone that the bride is actually some sort of futakuchi-onna. I'm sure everyone would believe a sword-wielding lunatic.

Ryuga reminds me more of Rei instead of Kuuga, but it's fine.

Special trivia: I am pretty sure priest Burai acted as Juuzou the ronin in the second season. So oh yeah, he finally works as a makai senshi of sort!

Overall, this is a nice start for a new series. It's much better than what we got in the second season.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Wow, I totally didn't catch that. Thanks for letting me know!
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

Just want to point out, there has always been a "makai" language. A couple horrors (Messiah comes to mind first) has spoken in Makai, so this isn't the first time they've done this. It might be the first time they called it "Makai" but it has been around since season 1.

I kind of like Ryuga, he has a lot more energy/emotions compared to the stoic, traumatized Kouga. He kind of does remind me of a more free Rei, which is a nice change of pace. The whole Zaruba/Ryuga thing is also an interesting touch (Zaruba probably translated for Ryuga, even if he doesn't like Ryuga, Zaruba is a pretty lawful character and would probably make sure Ryuga knew his orders).

This is going to be an interesting, change of story for Garo. Reminds me of a kind of techno-punk in a way.. the guards/news/gates.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

it's nice to see another garo series.
now to wait for the middle of the series so we can get a song opening like the previous two series.

hey! look! police getting word about the sword lunatic who killed someone and actually trying to stop him! there must be some dark evil controlling this city!

that police guy ryuuga saved is so gonna become important later.

Gun chick for LI!(seriously, tough, why didn't she had the cool mask thing? was she assigned to a non action spot?)

I'm sure Leo has something to do with that makai dog.

i liked that we had 3 makai knights. altough he had only 3 appearences, i really liked the 3 knights dynamic between kouga, rei and Tsubasa, so i'm happy to know we are going to have 3 knights working together.
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

So far I'm liking this 1st chapter!

There's something very interesting that Ryuga says at the beginning - "Currently, it (the armor) is without its master and former shine" - One can make the assumption that Kouga STILL is the armor's master and Ryuga, not being its real master, is staining the armor somehow (hence the reason he emphasizes that the armor has lost its shine). Zaruba's attitude towards Ryuga would also indicate that he's not the real master and that he's not with Ryuga by choice. I know is a bit early to speculate, but how this story unfolds will make for a welcome change of pace in the Garo-verse.
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

The OP is cool. Can't wait to hear the version with lyrics.

Is it just me or Ryuga was being dubed in the 1st scene?

That lady cop is badass.

Ryuga is cool. He's carefree but heroic.

Kaoru with guns is very hot. And it seems she'll be useful too.

Burai is cool and it's pretty strange to se Gai acting manly and not fanboyish. Antisocial glasses guy didn't show much.

So he's in a state city somewhere in the future. The state city has Skull Man cops. And he starts the series with a team, though Zaruba doesn't like him. Pretty strange to see Zaruba all quiet like that.

The action was great and the soundtrack too.

I really wish to see Kouga's last movie...
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

It's strange seeing Gai not like Gai. I do hope that by the end of the series we find out what happen to the veterans.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
Infinius
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Dreamy: Akiba Yellow
Favorite Actor?: Mark Musashi
Favorite Band: Flyleaf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Post by Infinius »

I'm liking the new Garo, and am excited to see more. This is the first time I've had to wait for the new episodes, and I am not sure I like it.

It will be cool to see what plan the horrors have that involve them not devouring humans, which probably has nothing to do with the weirdly strict police state that lies about how safe the city is on the news. The other thing I want to know is why Ryuuga hates the Makai Priest.

I wonder how much of this series is setup/ hinted at in the movies, or if they are simply the final chapter of Kouga's story.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I would really like to know how the Horror was pretty much a Blade 2 vampire in this episode. Like how were they created like that? Lol...But yeah, about the episode, not much big happened here. It did give us a little introduction on how he got there and how he operates alone. But there wasn't much action and we only got a glimpse at the new shiny Silver and little gold armor. I am also not used to seeing Gai act serious. Overall, I am intrigued in seeing how this series will go.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Excellent to see Garo back. Not really a lot to say yet for this first episode alone, but I certainly look forward to more.

I also just have to say that the opening sequence really took me by surprise. The visual style was so different than what I was expecting from the previous shows - actually it looked like something out of a James Bond movie! In contrast, the ending sequence was visually very reminiscent of the first ending from Garo 1.

Who was doing the opening & ending music this time round, by the way? The instrumental OP sounded really different compared to the other two - are Jam Project still involved here?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The opening theme was done by Kuriyama Yoshichika who also worked on the music since the original Garo.

The end song is done by... oh! Ootomo Kouhei, that's Burai's actor. Man, I'm dumb.

Maybe Zaruba didn't speak in this episode because he's all butthurt about it.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Catchy music, a stoic man and a mysterious woman...man, that Sansei commercial had everything.

I'm torn between concluding that the first episode was a bit of a let-down and resolving that I haven't seen enough to reach a snap judgment about the new series yet. Looks like most of the basic universe rules are the same - the Makai language, "Inga" and the effect of Horror blood on humans, the green flames, the existence of Priests and Knights, and, if the ending sequence is accurate, even Priests' brushes and the flying fish-thing.

The setting of the series is pretty clever. By having it set within a city that's cut off from the rest of the country/world, they have a little more leeway with explaining why some of the technology is so advanced without requiring the rest of the world to be equally advanced. That statue that told Ryuuga that the city is crying was very pretty. Since Garo loves its giant females, I can see that coming to life by the end of the series either as a giant Horror or a manifestation of hope.

Since this is Garo, it was pretty obvious even during the opening sequence that the bride had to be a Horror, and I was equally unsurprised when the bouquet turned out to be the source of the Horror's power at the end. The way the mouth opened up on both of them was a little weird for Garo - it looked like it belonged more in an Alien or Predator movie. Also, the way the Horror asked why there was a Makai Knight in the city, despite there being several Knights and Priests already there, makes me suspect that the big reveal is going to be that Volcity was founded/is run by Horrors.

It's a new series, so I know it's not fair to make comparisons, but Ryuuga does strike me as closer to Rei than Kouga in how he can be playful during a battle. I like the implication that, regardless of how he gained possession of the sword and Zaruba, he's going to have earn the full golden armor over the course of the series. I really have to reserve judgment about the other two Knights, since we didn't see them do much of anything, but I liked the symmetry in the symbolism of the three bullets and the three Knights in the ending sequence.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the show so far. I mean just at first glance, Ryuuga isn't doing much for me. I do like the Garo armor quite a bit. The gold looks nice the way that is, Y'know scattered around on the armor. Makes the gold parts stand out that much more. But it's only the first episode so I'm looking forward to seeing more of the Third season. And if recall correctly, didn't Ryuuga say it "fell into my hands" to be it implies Kouga somehow lost it. Wouldn't he come looking for it? Not only that isn't Garo seen as the strongest knight, wouldn't someone come to test that? I doubt something like the golden armor switching owner is a small event in the Makai world.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”