Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 05 released

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 05 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I like how the horror was like "I don't need to fight you", and then jumped at Ryuga to get knocked down. Idiot.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

takenoko wrote:I dunno, the last episode made me feel like Enhou felt nothing for the guy. So it seemed kind of sudden to see them in bed together, despite the clues that they were lovers in the last episode being present. Given how cold Enhou is, it sort of makes sense that she doesn't express romantic feelings for Yoshitomi the way he does for her.
I don't think they were romantically involved. I think he had stronger feelings for her, but she was so focussed on the mission and getting stronger that it was never a consideration of hers. She puts on the necklace because, well, she's human, and deep down we all want to feel connected to others. It was the one thing she allowed herself. Meeting Rian showed her it's possible to be be strong and 'feminine', or at least that she doesn't have to shut out all of her Self, wants and needs as a person to be strong - you can have both. She admits that maybe she should let herself be more feminine, more herself. She allows herself to satisfy the desires she's held back. She has sexual needs as most of us do, she knows he will be willing, so she uses him. I don't think it was anything more than a fuck, for her at least. From there on she might have allowed more barriers to come down and entertained the idea of a romantic relationship, to risk weakness and opening herself to another, but I guess we'll never know.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

takenoko wrote:We keep seeing that girl singing in the statue. And that voice talking to Enhou at the end. I wonder if that's someone connected to the Kaneshiro Group.
So here's my own personal theory...

The madou horrors are created out of people who desire strength or power. The conversion happens in a very subtle manner. Whoever is responsible is using the statues throughout the city as a nexus, or an amplifier, for this purpose. They whisper in your dreams, slowly corrupt you as you sleep.

The statues themselves may not be tainted or evil, they're just used to channel energy. This would explain why the knights and priests do not suspect anything about the statues... or perhaps they're just not noticing, this being madou horror related.

So I predict for every future madou horror we see, a statue is involved and most likely there's one peering into that person's bedroom every night.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Lunagel wrote:Yeah, I was kinda annoyed by those. It's like the cameraman took a film class and then just shoved in all the angles he could so it would look more "artsy". Honestly it's quite distracting, mostly because it adds nothing to the narrative and just makes you wonder why the camera's being so silly.
Well, Garo is technically a "horror" series so I feel like they're trying to use crazy camera angles to give it that vibe of a madness-laden horror movie.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, it seems kind of weird to complain about the camera angles for two episodes labeled dream/nightmare. I think they were going for a dreamlike quality to them?
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

These past 5 eps were the first thing I had ever seen of Garo.
So far I am liking it. While I liked the twist with Enhou I think itwould have worked a lot better if they had just taken 1 or 2 extra eps.
They would have had to take IT a bit slower mayhe with the first ep only showing her having a bad nights sleep and then builidning on the new friendship with Ryuga.

I was confused about where the other two warriors went though. Seemed like saber dude kicked Ryouga to get back at and distract sg1. And then they dissappearwd from the episode.

Though I found the camera angles distracting, i did feel like they added something to some of the scenes, making them more dream or nightmare like.
I am liking the cgi fight scenes. CGI has a tendency to look out of place, for some reason the out of placeness works in this show.

Maybe you can help me, but what kind of show is Garo? As I am confused. I think take mentioned it being a horror show?With all the sex and breasts, what is the age demographic? With people changing info armoredforms I would he quick to put it in the same league as kamen rider and sentai. But that doesn't seem to be what they are going for.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Maybe you can help me, but what kind of show is Garo?

It's a mature tokusatsu show aimed at adults. It airs after midnight (like 1:23 am, some strange time like that). It's got some horror elements I guess (heh, Horrors!). If you're liking Yami, definitely check out the first two seasons and their movie/specials. It's all good stuff.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

I'm left aware that we're 5 episodes in and we know nothing about our main characters, who they are, what they were doing before coming to the city, how Ryuga became Garo etc, nor anything about the Kaneshiro Group at all, apart from they own the city. I know more about Enhou than I do Ryuga or any of the other Makai Knights or Priests.

Sure some of that stuff will be revealed later, but other than my like of the Garo franchise, why am I watching now? It's not to see transformed battles, over the last two episodes Ryuga had about a second or two fighting as Garo and Horrors have just been people with CG maws rather than monsters we were used to before. It feels like they're holding back on every front and I need more of something to keep me interested in watching.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

takenoko wrote:>Maybe you can help me, but what kind of show is Garo?

It's a mature tokusatsu show aimed at adults. It airs after midnight (like 1:23 am, some strange time like that). It's got some horror elements I guess (heh, Horrors!). If you're liking Yami, definitely check out the first two seasons and their movie/specials. It's all good stuff.
Interesting. Funny timeslot for show. :)

I think I will see how this turns out before I check any of the others. Seeing how people are comparing it negatively to previous seasons makes me fear that I will spoil the fun of this season if I go watch the other seasons right now.

Harpdevil is right, we know nothing of the others. But considering Ryouga has little interest in working with them it's not that surprising to me at least. Still I hope they will remedy this in the coming eps, having a cast of ten where noone except the bad guy has a backstory is boring.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't know what you guys are talking about. We know Takeru is a womanizer thug. Aguri is a snobby intellectual. And Ryuuga is a happy-go-lucky wanderer who has a grudge against Burai for some reason. I don't think you need to know a character's backstory to know the character, and in Ryuuga's case, the backstory is probably integral to the main plot, so it'll be doled out gradually rather than all at once.

That makes a lot of sense to wait till this series is over. It does seem like some people are letting their preconceived notions of what a Garo series should be interfere with their enjoyment of this one.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yeah, I don't mind we don't know much about the characters. There will be time for that. I think people don't like change and usually thinking back on the old interferes with their judgment. This series is Garo but different in a good way I think.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Enhou's heel turn was shocking but I liked how they built it up so to see it happen made you feel for her character. I kinda was hoping for her heel turn to not happen for another few episodes to get the suspense even more building but the way it was handled was good for me. Looks like she's placing the blame of her dead lover on Ryuuga to cover herself up. Nice. I still don't like that we are only getting CGI armor fights now but I guess I will try to cope with it now. This episode has gotten my interests up so it's a good thing.
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Enhou can now use the power of the Sharigan. lol Sorry, just had to get that out of my system when i saw that eye scene of hers.
I feel like Enhou turning Evil is rushing the story for a bit and stuff.
There not much of their suit fighting, but then again, CG can be quite costly to make and manipulate though.

Garo Time Slot
Spoiler
Don't know about this but I heard that ep 7 and 8 are going to be aired together
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I just checked the website, still airing only one episode this week, although it does look like they might've moved the timeslot to 2:30 am, dunno if that's just a typo or what.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

I'm liking the interaction between the knights, with Takeru paying back Ryuuga for what happened in previous episode.

I find it funny how Yoshimoto just kept on yelling monster when Enhou transformed. Shouldn't he find it weird that how his fiancee was no way in sight and there was a monster around? Something like looking around for her, or "What did you do to my Enhou!?", perhaps, before shooting.

The only character that will be affected is Rian, especially if she spent more time at the bar with Enhou as the story progresses.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”