Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 06 released

OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 06 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

Strykor wrote:I got a feeling that they're running this series as an experiment to see which costs more: CGI overlays plus the VAs for the larger monsters or suits, suit extras, and VAs for the human-sized, but non-human formed, monsters as well as the bigger ones.
CGI is expensive but CGI takes a long time to make for the suits and the horrors. They should have gone with a real suit and the suit extras. Even if its expensive it'll last long for them.
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

I really dug the fat guy fights. :) It was hilarious to watch. Headcrush!
I don't know why but the episode felt a bit disjointed to me, I don't know what I'm missing, but something wasn't clicking for in the storyline of this ep.

I groaned when Ryuga jumped on stage, but not nearly as loud as when the mask wearing humans showed up. At first I really thought they were humans with dopey masks. It really broke me out of the flow of the episode. It would have been pretty hilarious if they cut them all down only to become wanted by the police due to murder. :)
The following fightscene wasn't as awesome as I'd hoped it would be. It wasn't bad, but I was really hoping for everyone to get a moment in the spotlight. Instead only Rian and Ryouga had something of an interesting fightscene. Though I suppose saber guy had his at the start of the episode.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Rian is awesome, though the fx for her gun didn't feel like they gave much impact. Unfortunately being a female Makai priest, she isn't going to get to shine and be badass (and quite possibly play the damsel in distress role on occasion). :(

Side note, she should pick up some moves from Cleric Preston. 8)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The thing that confuses me the most is why they didn't transform to fight the horrors? I mean, apart from whatever budget/plot limitations, surely they could have circumvented the power up using the armours.

Also, whatever happened to the reverter? That should of taken care of Takerus arm.
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Catastrophe wrote:The thing that confuses me the most is why they didn't transform to fight the horrors? I mean, apart from whatever budget/plot limitations, surely they could have circumvented the power up using the armours.

Also, whatever happened to the reverter? That should of taken care of Takerus arm.
That's another thing I've wondered too. In the other Garo series, did they transform more often? Is there some kind of limit/ drawback to them transforming?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah they had pretty solid 3+ minute fights. Obviously if you have an actual suit, it's much cheaper to have longer fights than if you cgi everything.

I'm honestly a bit worried we haven't had any decent backstory so far. Obviously there's the "garo's suit is black oh noez" angle but they don't seem to be doing anything with it and it's not affecting anything. There's no reason why it happened and Zaruda's been Sir-Not-Appearing-In-This-Series so we don't even get his nice Legolas commentary.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

JonSilver wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:The thing that confuses me the most is why they didn't transform to fight the horrors? I mean, apart from whatever budget/plot limitations, surely they could have circumvented the power up using the armours.

That's another thing I've wondered too. In the other Garo series, did they transform more often? Is there some kind of limit/ drawback to them transforming?
well, normally they did it when the horror transformed, too, not before that. and i don't mean change their faces a little, i mean full body transformation.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

liked how when ryuuga jumped on stage and started singing the rest of that band didn't start playing until the fans started cheering but even then he still got kicked out.

don't personally care for how many completely human looking monsters have come and gone threw this series as the suits are half the fun.

Also I really don't care for how they refused to transform to fight those horrors even when they powered up even further mid fight all the while complaining that it was hard to fight them.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

dekamaster wrote:Also I really don't care for how they refused to transform to fight those horrors even when they powered up even further mid fight all the while complaining that it was hard to fight them.
I'm not sure if it still applies in this series but don't forget the 99.9 time limit for the makai knights.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Wearing the armor really drained Koga at the start of the first series. There's some cost with using the armor - on the other hand, the bigger blade that comes with it and the protection the armor grants to blood splatter seem to make it preferable to at least briefly transform for the killing blow.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

The armor fights are shorter than the old-school mecha battles used in Super Sentai back in the days. I'm still not used to these short CGI armor scenes. Can't believe it as you can clearly tell they are working on a budget. We have seen the same style of Blade 2 vampires as Horrors and there hasn't been an explanation as to why they are the same. Also, these MotW horrors haven't been as memorable as past ones. The one positive I did like about this episde was the fight scene at the club or wherever it was. I saw some nice athleticism from everyone involved.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Aside from enjoying the episode, I wanted to say, "Thank You" for the commercials. It's always nice to see Aya Ueto still active in that industry.

Heck, it's always nice to see Aya Ueto, period.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Which commercial was she? The cider one?
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

takenoko wrote:Which commercial was she? The cider one?

Yep, yep. Mitsuya Fruit Cider from Asahi. I still try to watch all of her TV shows and movies. Commercials are harder for me to find because she has so many endorsements. So thanks again for including hers in this file.
cyclic730
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Megumi Aso (KR Kiva)
Favorite Actor?: Kenji Matsuda
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: shikata ga nai

Post by cyclic730 »

Just finished watching episode 6 and was wondering if anyone knew where to get the song "bright hope" that motohiro ota is singing. I've been looking everywhere, but can't seem to find at all.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”