Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono - thoughts and impressions.

OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono - thoughts and impressions.

Post by OOOKaiser »

MissTokuLover wrote:so far I'm really enjoying the new season, sure it's not as good as Makai Senki & Ryuga is no Kouga. But it's growing on me & I like some of the new characters. The CGI is a bit overdone & some don't seem as realistic, but I'm ok with that.
Well with the CGI the fight scenes are little bit better since real armor fights restrict them from doing crazy stunts. With CGI they can make the fights better.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

yeah I know & you're right...what I meant was that some of the CGI used I thought seemed unreal, you could tell straight away it's CGI, it sort of made those scenes a bit 'fake'. Unlike if you were to create the suits and have suit actors wear them & perform the stunts, it would've seemed more "real", I'm not sure if I'm making sense.

It's true that the mobility becomes more limited when you have suit actors performing the stunts in suits, but it gives the stunts a more 'real' factor. By using CGI entirely for the armored fight scenes, you do have much more freedom in movements & the ability to create all those crazy stunts effectively...but at the same time, some of the CGI used does seem a bit too unreal and it can gives the fight scenes the appearance of being 'fake-looking'.

Don't get me wrong, I think some of the CGI are great, but some were also very fake-looking.
Overall I still think the CGI used in this season are good, though used very excessively this season.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

If I remember correctly, before, it was a mix of CGI and stunt, and it was great. They probably didn't want to make the suit, for time, cost and whatever reason. It's defensible, but it mean less armor actions.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

OOOKaiser wrote:
MissTokuLover wrote:so far I'm really enjoying the new season, sure it's not as good as Makai Senki & Ryuga is no Kouga. But it's growing on me & I like some of the new characters. The CGI is a bit overdone & some don't seem as realistic, but I'm ok with that.
Well with the CGI the fight scenes are little bit better since real armor fights restrict them from doing crazy stunts. With CGI they can make the fights better.
Well, but they used CG in the previous seasons to do the things that you can't do with real people. In this seasons I find two problems. The first one is that the CGI is worse than the previous seasons, and the other one is that they use it when it isn`t necessary.

In a lot of episodes we've seen the armor just for one finisher slash, and that's all. You can do it with a real armor, and the result will be better.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Garo - The One Who Shines in the Darkness Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V6UkhBxoAM

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”