Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 09 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_09

Heh, I knew Rivera would betray him. Also, Ryuuga's skin color is listed as yellow. How useful! I love the way Sonshi blew his silly disguise off.

Hahaha. Nice magic TV you have their, Burai.

So many good scenes in this episode. The revelation that Rivera was the Horror who killed Kazami's girlfriend. Ryuuga's terrifying walk through the park. I especially liked the mime yelling at him to stay away. Oh yeah, I see what you did there.

Here's something I'm curious about. Sonshi is clearly more powerful than Ryuuga. A) Why use this roundabout way at getting at him? B) It seemed to be working fine. Why not just keep his identity concealed and continue the strategy. There was no need to drop down on his car and announce yourself.

Haha. Sonshi is such a badass. The good guys lost this round, but what a fun episode.

Also did anyone else notice the Garo pachinko in that commercial:

Edit: Huh. Kind of a dumb move on Kazami's part to bring that information to a known Kaneshiro Group building.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 09 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

I dunno if anyone agrees with me here but I didn't feel anything for Kazami in this episode. Like once he brought the proof to Rivera, I instantly thought, oh how stupid you are and was expecting what happened to him.

Although I must say Sonshi is pretty badass in regards to having no problems defeating the 3 knights, with super ease I might say. Though I agree, with things going as planned, his reveal felt a bit too early. I mean maybe if there was a flaw in his plan or something, but if there's no issue, why reveal?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I felt sorry for Kazami. He was just a pawn in this big puzzle that he had no control over. He really should have booked it once he realized that Rivera betrayed him though.

I realized this, but the episode is called Sonshi, but they still haven't said his name in the show. Doesn't that break some kind of writing rule? I don't think they've ever said Takeru or Aguri's knight names either. I can't tell if it's interesting that the writer doesn't feel the need to establish these things artificially, thus letting them reveal themselves in the natural process or thing, or if it feels like an oversight.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I actually don't feel much for Kazami. I mean, you know that there are these monsters out there, and you know that Rivera works for the company that covers up the information. There's a more than likely chance that she's in on the info cover-up as well.

Strange that Sonshi's revealed himself so early... He feels kinda final boss-esque, sorta like Kiba. For a moment, I thought he looked like a corrupted Makai Knight-Horror hybrid. I guess with him revealing his identity, it's safe to say that there's someone even more bad-ass pulling the strings.

9 episodes in, and still no explanation of the lack of GARO's golden shine... =/
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well, I've lost all respect for SG1, since they clearly were looking for Ryuuga for hours and yet Kaneshiro pulls up in a pickup and finds him in 2 seconds. Maybe if you took off those silly masks you'd be able to see better in the dark!

Yellow skin? Come on Volcity, he's a murderer, but that doesn't mean you have to be racist.

I see physics has taken a holiday in Volcity today. And gravity.

Next week: Is that Nao?
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

I felt pretty bad for Kazami. Like a lot of good reporters, he was sincere, but was killed because he trusted the wrong person.

But MAN, this episode was just all out balls to the wall AMAZING! Even the usually stiff looking CG suits were pretty smooth this time around. I'm looking forward to more episodes like this :D
silverfall
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: OOO, W

Post by silverfall »

Best episode of the season so far. Until today I have been a little disappointed in the writing, acting and effects for this series. This episode had an amazing fight scene. I hope the next couple episodes tie up some of the loose plot threads and shed some light on some of the nagging questions I have. We need more character development for the supporting cast. We need more Zaruba! I would like to see more practical effects as well. The CG is NOT doing it for me.

The monster looks like some kind of Horror knight. Or maybe he is something like what Gentle was in the original series. They both wear gloves(They went out of their way to show them in this episode) and have a very formal fighting style.

Also, What happened to the time limits for wearing the armor? When did they go away?
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

From what Sonshi said, so Ryuuga is Kouga's descendent. Maybe I was slow in catching up, but that makes more sense in how Ryuuga is able to use the armor.

Damn, that's some fight. Three against one and still got their asses handed to them. Looks like a job for THE GOLDEN ARMOR.

Man, every chick introduced so far is a monster except for like two. That, or have some horrible fate.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

StereotypeAsian wrote:From what Sonshi said, so Ryuuga is Kouga's descendent. Maybe I was slow in catching up, but that makes more sense in how Ryuuga is able to use the armor.

Damn, that's some fight. Three against one and still got their asses handed to them. Looks like a job for THE GOLDEN ARMOR.

Man, every chick introduced so far is a monster except for like two. That, or have some horrible fate.

What Sonshi means is that the Golden Knight isn't what it used to be, not that Ryuga is Kouga's descendant. I guess Ryuga's finally learned his lesson about not involving people into the Horror business. Either Ryuga needs some training from Zaruba or he'll have to learn things the hard way. For the reporter I felt no sympathy for him, he got what he deserved. I didn't expect Rivera to be a Madou Horror though :O
silverfall wrote:I would like to see more practical effects as well. The CG is NOT doing it for me.
It was said that the armors for the season would be done in CG.
Last edited by OOOKaiser on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Finally, some really good action (though I very much liked the non-CGI fight more than the CGI one).

I think it was a very calculated plan by the villain. Not just to reveal himself to take out Ryuuga, but to draw out the whole team so that he can assess their abilities. Once he knew what he was up against (three knights and two priests), he had all the info he needed.
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

zeta_gundam wrote:. I guess with him revealing his identity, it's safe to say that there's someone even more bad-ass pulling the strings.
...I agree with you
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

The first Madou Horror used his face skin to create a sword, the second used his neck skin. This one used his abs.... I wonder if they are fragments of Garo's "golden power".

Personally, I find it great that they hired Yasuaki Kurata for the role as Sonshi. Nice to see this veteran "fighter" again.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote: Here's something I'm curious about. Sonshi is clearly more powerful than Ryuuga. A) Why use this roundabout way at getting at him? B) It seemed to be working fine. Why not just keep his identity concealed and continue the strategy. There was no need to drop down on his car and announce yourself.
i guess he wanted to test his abilities and see if they were a treat. he even sounds disapointed about how weak ryuuga is. i think the only moment he tought about getting serious was when ryuuga's armor became golden for a second. implying that he is scared of the garo armor's true power.
there is also the idea of completely crushing their fighting spirit.
They must have been fighting for, let's say, a few months, and they must have felt like they were winning. then comes sonshi, and in just one day, he makes ryuuga a public treat and basically makes the makai knights the bad guys. on top of that, he completely trashes the three of them in a 3 Vs 1 fight with little to no effort, and i don't mean just defearing them, he showed that they are no treat, and if he wanted remove them from the city, he could do it in any moment. he was basically telling them just how pointless was to fight against them.

Yes, normal people should not get involved, if they did, kaoru would have never helped Kouga fighting messiah by giving him those angel wings! (that's the best i can think of...)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This episode was great. Highlight was definitely the kung fu horror.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

over all i'd say it was a good episode much faster paced than they've been up till this point though i did find it funny that in the midst of their fight with sonshi they managed to destroy one train only to wind up fighting in another.

the only thing close to a grievance with this episode would be that while ryuuga was wearing his disguise he some how fit a trench coat underneath it since sonshi's power seems to be telekinesis and not just him magically dressing ryuuga.

always nice seeing more horror designs over the same one being used repeatedly.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”