2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 09 released

Post by Masked Rider »

Lunagel wrote:Whenever there's English dialogue, a good chunk of the time it's pretty heavily accented, so we try to sub it anyway since some people might not be able to make it out. It's good for consistency's sake, but also when you're watching something and suddenly the subtitles disappear you don't think "Oh this must be English now", you think "Did they miss a line?" When your ears are hearing Japanese and automatically have been kinda tuning it out as white noise, though paying attention to inflection, etc. it's really a bit startling to have it suddenly switch languages. I nearly broke my neck with the language whiplash in an anime called Ghost Hunter where they were speaking Japanese and suddenly one character broke out in perfect American English.

Sounds logical to me. Thanks for the explanation.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Masked Rider wrote:Question for the staff: for the Sansei commercial, even though the dialogue is already in English, is there some sort of agreement among the team to proceed with adding subtitles in it anyway?[/color]
Yeah, some of our fans are deaf, so we try to get it all
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Awesome episode! I knew that Rivera was an horror because she covers the lies everyday in the news! Poor Kazami! He was so desperate for revenge u.u
Final Vent!
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I thought the action was back up to scratch again, although I can see the difference in it being CG.

I didn't know what to make of the ''everyone-against-Ryuga'' angle. It just goes to show that Ryuga's pretty stupid to trust a journalist to not cause him trouble. The media has the power, after all. I wonder if they're actually going to continue with it or whether everyone will have forgotten about it next episode.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”