Dreamy: Souji Tendou
Favorite Band: Nightmare
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Orson Scott Card
Quote: 戦わなければ、生き残れない!!
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 11 released

Post by Nijiiro_no_Ryuu »

this was a pretty good episode with some good character development, but it just reinforces my opinion of Rian: she is really weak compared to Jabi or Rekka. Jabi or Rekka could have taken on that Inga Horror by themselves, no one helping. Rian just made her pause so Ryuuga would have a little more time for his transformation.
Dragonfan wrote:
I love the development of the conversation:

- Am I empty?
- If you are empty, fill that in.
- Okay, make me a baby then.
this made me :lol: . it sums it up pretty well.
looking forward to the next episode. looks like it might be pretty epic.
In a world where "right and wrong" are not black and white but shades of gray, one man fights to protect the innocent with the fire of his convictions.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Nice to see Nao Oikawa again. I never get tired of seeing her on screen. Although her character didn't have any explanation as to how she can read our heroes' pasts, I still thought it was a cool power to use against anyone. I think the action stood out the most again in this episode. If there's one thing this show does right, it's the action. Was nice to see Rian get a focus episode so we can know more about her. It wasn't fair to see a hottie like her only want to hook up with rich men but I'm glad she might changing her ways. Not sure about her maybe having the hots for Ryuuga but if that's what they are building up for, then it's all good. I did thought she was joking with him in the end too. Lastly, her English wasn't too bad and I did not mind the English used in this one at all. Wished Nao Oikawa got to say some lines. Lol...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

For the most part, you only hear her voice, but you can tell that she's got genuine acting chops in that she knows how to make it sound seductive or menacing.

She got to do a lot of acting on Go-Onger, but I still think my favorite role is her on UltraSeven X. She's not trying to be sexy or anything, she's just a regular character who's just around:

Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I did not notice Kegalesia at all. Thanks.

Ah, UST. The engine that makes tv run.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

I watched 9, 10 and 11 in short succession. And I rather liked all three. (Though 9 was really great)

I am even starting to enjoy the love story of Takeru. It feels like they are building towards something there. :)

I always liked Rian, so an ep focusing on her sits well with me. ^_^ I also rather liked the sudden British dude and her trying her darndest best at English as well. :P
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Lunagel wrote:When did this turn into a soap opera?
Hahahaha...ha. T_T
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by MissTokuLover »

I really enjoyed this ep, I like Rian (although I don't particularly like the actress's voice), it's good she gets a bit of development in this ep. And I love that romantic scene with her & Ryuga, it was so random & unexpected, but cute nonetheless =D
Dragonfan wrote:I love the development of the conversation:

- Am I empty?
- If you are empty, fill that in.
- Okay, make me a baby then.
lol hilarious! =D and it's got to do with the fact that she likes guys who are strong too & Ryuga definitely fits that profile, remember she said this to him "if we make a baby together, I bet they're going to be the strongest ever", she wants to make strong babies with him! Very bold move Rian, but you've gotten too ahead of yourself girl, at least go on a few dates with him first =)
just because they've added a bit of romance? Come on, just because it's a toku doesn't mean some romance should be excluded.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I agree, as long as we don't have kissing scenes that go on for hours I don't have a problem with romantic storylines. Admittedly some are better than others.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

And keep in mind, this is a show with breasts popping out here and there. It's not a suspiciously sex-less Sentai or Rider show, it's for grownups, and grownups have romantic entanglements and sometimes, here and there, we bone like furious apes. (Says the guy who complains whenever Ikeda Junya gets a "sex scene". He's fugly and weird-looking, man, it's totes legit cool to be grossed out by him. :p )
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Season 1...
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

dancercotillion wrote:And keep in mind, this is a show with breasts popping out here and there. It's not a suspiciously sex-less Sentai or Rider show, it's for grownups, and grownups have romantic entanglements and sometimes, here and there, we bone like furious apes. (Says the guy who complains whenever Ikeda Junya gets a "sex scene". He's fugly and weird-looking, man, it's totes legit cool to be grossed out by him. :p )
lol my thoughts exactly! Considering this is a tokusatsu for grownups, I would actually be surprised if there weren't any romance in it.

As for Junya Ikeda, wow that was harsh! I think he looks average, his smile looks weird though. I actually like him more as Takeru than Gai, to me he was abit annoying in Gokaiger, but I'm fine with him in Garo.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

dancercotillion wrote:And keep in mind, this is a show with breasts popping out here and there.
Oh, Rian`s would be a great... plot twist.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

lol with a fandom full of fanboys & fangirls of a toku for grownups, perversion is inevitable XD

I don't know if Rian would strip naked later on in the show, but if the writers are gonna follow through with the Ryuga+Rian pairing, I wouldn't mind seeing some bare action with them later on =P if Rian wants a baby with Ryuga, by all means grant her wish Ryuga! lol =P But...we probably wouldn't see the bare action even if they do end up together.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Doubt it. You'll notice that in the series up till now, whenever there's nudity, it's always a side character and that actress is always a current or former AV actress. Unlike in the US where it's totally okay for a famous actress to get her tits out (although it will involve asinine singing at the academy awards), in Japan the famous actresses are usually fairly covered up. You might get a bikini dvd or photobook but rarely much more than that.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

that's why I said we probably wouldn't see them naked...as far as I know, both Nanri Miki (Rian's actress) and Kuriyama Wataru (Ryuga) are models, so yep, not likely we'd see them naked in the series, we could see them partially naked at most, but definitely not fully I don't think.

But having famous actresses strip fully naked & shoot erotic scenes in front of the camera is not as rare in Japan as some might think, of course it only happens less often and not many do or have done so, but it's certainly not "rare". However, whenever a famous actress do shoot those kind of scenes, it's usually in movies, not on TV.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”