Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 11 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_11

Obligatory nudity warning

I guess this was a Rian episode? For the most part, it was pretty fun except for when she was giving her monologue. The action with the Horror this week seemed pretty good for some reason. I liked seeing all the idealized versions of women that lady portrayed. It was pretty funny to see the white guy attracted to the fat one, after being with Rian. The scene at the end with Rian and Ryuuga was also pretty good.

Edit: As silly as Rian's upset scene is, I guess this mean girls moment is kind of funny. Even Rian must understand the irony of everything that happened.

I wish that we got more from Takeru and Aguri. Aguri does so little in this series that I'm starting to forget his name. That said, I do like his little awkward moments with Rui. Sorry man, the tough guy thing isn't working out. You're a much better Gai.
Edit: I forgot that Burai basically tells Aguri to fuck off for the rest of the episode. Poor Aguri, so underused.

I noticed during the battle that this week's Horror is played by Oikawa Nao, who was a monster in season one Garo too. What happened to her usual mole?

Next episode looks interesting.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 11 released

Post by XIII »

I did enjoy this one, even if it was kinda filler, it was nice to get some back story on Rian for a change,

I think the thing that threw me about this episode was the use of English, some spoke English well and some not so well, Rian saying Simon's name being one point, at first I thought she was saying Salmon, but it makes it more amusing when you do work out what they are saying

I can guess people will be wanting Ryuuga and Rian to get it together at the end of the series, but they have been kind of hinting that Rian has feelings for Ryuuga for a while, its just amusing that he blocks the kiss
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

What a crappy diamond. You wanted to get into Rian's pants with that? The only reason it looked good for even a moment was cause they added CGI to it!

So now Gai/Takeru is shacking up with the 16 year old? And Rian has the hots for Ryuuga? When did this turn into a soap opera?

If Rian ends up with Ryuuga I will be very disappointed. She had better chemistry with the SG1 chick.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Didn't finish the episode, but at 8:39, there's a bit of text that's confusing to me.

'Seduce him before you eat him, such as you are won't do.'

Is it supposed to be this way?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, heh. If it's any comfort, someone in qc didn't get that either. It's wont not won't. It means "tend to do something"

1. accustomed; used (usually followed by an infinitive): He was wont to rise at dawn.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wont?s=t
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Kegalesia was the brightest spot for me this ep, but getting to know Rian better ain't a bad thing either.
Animetigerlily
7X
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Trip-hop

Post by Animetigerlily »

Was I the only one playing "Smooth criminal" in my head during Ryuga's fight in that sharp suit?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The fuck did I just watch? I figured that Rian was trolling at the end, but she was serious?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

It's hard to tell if she was serious or not, her way didn't really change since then ("I want a baby from you") but I've noticed something : in the previous two Garo's series, the ending was featuring Garo's love interest. I don't know if they were doing the same here, but with what we saw here, it's a possibility.

At one time, when Ryouga was fighting the Horror, I almost expected that Boara will take the form of his ideal woman, and that will be Rian.
But that scene did show Rian learning more about Ryouga and (maybe) falling in love with him, since she like strong men.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

was a good episode, though at the beginning I don't get why that guy who gets eaten by the horror was covered in blood. I mean, what did she talk him into killing his family and if so why did the minion girls get surprised by it.

The action was nice and I liked that the horror was using her powers to read Ryuuga and Rian to find out good ways to try and get at them psychologically.

When Rian went to kiss Ryuuga I was about 88% sure that she was just teasing him and thus didn't see him stopping her coming.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

WTF That guy was a chuby chaser and yet he was fawning over Rian, also whats up with the horrors I notice that they don't go all out and tend to stay in thier human form, is there a budget constraint on fx?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I feel this is a better episode as everyone has their share of screen time, and Zaruba actually said something useful.

There's also actual interactions between the characters other than chasing after Horror together. Ryuuga and Rian, Burai and Rian, Ryuuga and Burai speaks normally without jumping at each other's throat, and Aguri and Takeru.
Speaking of Aguri, I like the little pat on Takeru's shoulder when he leaves. It somehow shows he acknowledges Takeru's feelings unlike a few episodes ago where it's always "emotions lead to suffering"
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I hope Aguri's trip is part of a bigger plot. He's so under-used, as take noted. I actually like his armor's design, and hope to see more of it on screen.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

So the white man likes fat japanese woman... oh god -__-
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Ah, a character development episode. Rian still looks hot even in male cosplay mode :mrgreen:

Disappointed by the quick henshin-and-finisher again, but at least the horror was interesting.

So it seems that the madou and Inga horrors are aware of each other; the madou horrors seem to consider themselves the superior race, and the Inga are either going along with it or forced to be subservient.

Next ep looks like more shit is starting to hit the fan.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”