Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 12 released

Post by Alessar »

dat20091 wrote:I wasn't expecting the part where Ryuga got shot and died because in season 1 and 2 it seemed like Makai Knights can't really get injured as Kouga got slashed by a sword multiple times without his armor and he seemed fine
Normally when they get hit they bleed "red runes" instead of actual blood droplets. And in season 1 Kouga deflected bullets with his sword IIRC. So the close-up shots with blood everywhere, especially the big pool, was really shocking... though his shirt/chest armor didn't have any visible holes where he was shot. I thought Rian was going to create a warp hole in the floor and escape like she did once before and maybe save him with a potion, but no! PSYCH! It was a clever fake out.

You know I think the problem with Rian is her great talent is artifice (making magical tools) with a strong side of charm spells (AoE GO AWAY and Forget spell? Amazing). Unlike Jabi (who throws lightning) and Rekka (who throws magical water) she really seems to have to rely on her gun for her damage output... and she misses. A lot. (Of course Jabi is good at combat magic and artificing and well, she's just awesome). She has talent but she's just not at their level. (Take a level in Badass, instead of Smartass, Rian!)

Speaking of Jabi I've been thinking of rewatching Ultraman Nexus, since that actress is a main cast member. It'll be weird seeing her shooting instead of spellcasting, but it's a good show and she's got an interesting and flawed character.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

let's not forget that Rian is a Makai Priest, not a Makai Knight, most priests are not highly trained or skilled in direct combat anyway, their main expertise is creating spells, weapons etc, therefore they mainly serve as just backup or background support for the Makai knights. Not many priests engage in direct combat, and Rian is 1 of the few priests who actually have the combat capabilities & skills, even though she does miss sometimes when she uses her gun, but her official role does not require her to be a master gunner.

Although I agree that her shooting can do with some more polishing, but she's got talent for creating spells & weapons, and that's her main job anyway, it's a bonus that she's even engaged in direct combat at all! Look at Burai, he's a higher level priest than Rian and never appears in direct combat in the series, at least Rian does double duty, and I think she's good at it.
However yes I agree that she's not quite on the level as Jabi, but Rian still has talent and skills and that's good enough I think.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I thought it was a good episode, and I kinda get the feeling that the purpose of this episode wasn't to clear Ryuuga's name so much as get SG1 off his back since most of them are assumably normal humans and would thus assume that he actually was dead and that Rivera was shot him in self defense.

Personally I figured the camera thing would happen but that it'd go more along the way of Ryuuga tricking Rivera into admitting that she could quote "turn white black and black white." and thus reveal her as a liar but I like this better since the in character main mission was to capture her for the madou horror detector.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Actually with the Makai Priest line, it seems the males do not fight, but the females do. Every priestess we've seen gets involved in combat.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Not every women, the girls of kantai didn`t fight. And about the men, they were either old (Akaza or Amon) or just weak (Shiguto), but Sigma knew how to beat some asses.

I think that, due to the fact that women can`t be makai knights, they use the priestesses to have some woman in the cast.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I think the old lady was the only Priestess in Kantai other than Rin, and due to their ages they wouldn't be fighting. The other two girls didn't seem to be more than assistants / shrine maidens.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I thought that they were like the two makai knights with Dan, just apprentices.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

Dragonfan wrote: I think that, due to the fact that women can`t be makai knights, they use the priestesses to have some woman in the cast.
I agree with that & I think that's basically the case, since women can't be Makai Knights, what excuse could the writers give to add strong female characters to the story? To substitute for the lack of female knights, they want strong female characters that can actually fight, instead of just having them in the show just for the sake of it, some might think that would be kind of sexist towards female characters. For years it's been that way for 'Kamen Rider', I'm glad that Garo is different in that aspect, at least in Garo we have strong girls who can actually fight in combat.

As for the priests, it's true that most of them don't engage in combat either because of their age or they're just physically weak, which basically means they're not highly trained or skilled in combat, and it's not part of their main job as priests anyway. As for the priestesses (sometimes I call them 'priests' too) fighting in combat, officially they don't need to fight, it's not required of them, but like I said, I think some of them fight simply because the writers want to add strong females to the show.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Dragonfan wrote:I thought that they were like the two makai knights with Dan, just apprentices.
I wasn't talking about the guys hanging around Tsubasa, I was talking about the women hanging with the elder Kantai priestess.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Saejima Kouga wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:I thought that they were like the two makai knights with Dan, just apprentices.
I wasn't talking about the guys hanging around Tsubasa, I was talking about the women hanging with the elder Kantai priestess.
Yes, I know. That's why I said that, like the guys were training for makai knight, the girls were learning to be priestesses.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Yeah I'm with everyone and thought this episode was cool. They built up enough conflict to make me care for Rian and for her to get out of that broadcast place alive. It looked like the reporter lady Horror was going to beat the heroes but they all worked together as a team and turned things around. The sight of Ryuuga getting shot was very shocking to see for me. Glad it was all a trick. Finally this show is getting serious and I guess it's about time since the show has reached it's mid-point. I'm interested in seeing what happens next.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

you know, I wish the Garo seasons are longer, I love Garo, more than Kamen Rider, but Garo is only half the duration of KR. I know they are produced by different companies, but still I think Garo seasons deserve to be longer. I guess budget restrictions prevent them from making them longer...
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

MissTokuLover wrote:you know, I wish the Garo seasons are longer, I love Garo, more than Kamen Rider, but Garo is only half the duration of KR. I know they are produced by different companies, but still I think Garo seasons deserve to be longer. I guess budget restrictions prevent them from making them longer...
Are you kidding me? For me, Garo is perfect at 25 episodes if it goes past that I think it would be just repetitive.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Gotta agree. Anything more would be chocked full of fillers (as Sentai and Kamen Rider are).
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

well, I guess I'm in the minority then...I just think it's too short for me as it is, I'm not saying it necessarily should be the same length as KR and Super Sentai, but even just a couple more episodes like 30 eps or so is enough I think. I don't think it would be repetitive if it only has like 30 eps & there wouldn't be room for much fillers either. To me, 25 eps is just too short.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”