dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 13 released

Post by dekamaster »

This was definitely a better episode for the series, as we finally get some character development from Aguri and personally I'd say the only flaw was Takeru's freak out from finding out what happened to what's her names family. Though I feel like the main horror of this week gave a possible example of why what's her name wasn't taken with the rest of her family as, he said you have to mind you ingredients and she was the only one of those four who wasn't overly filled with joy about being in Vol city and thus probably was like a sour grape to them.

Makai knights clearly know the best way to give a funeral, viking style lol.

I liked the new Opening but the new ending just wasn't as good, though I did feel like they should have replaced the videos rather than just use the same one.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Takeru is almost always the weak link in any scene involving the good guys.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

I will have to disagree with you there, I don't think Takeru is/almost the "weakest link", he's very skilled in close combat, though still weaker than Ryuga.

I don't really think there is a "weakest link" among the Makai Knights, they all have their strengths & weaknesses, and all are better than the other in 1 way or another. I mean, Takeru is more skilled in close combat than Aguri is, but Takeru is hopeless in long-range/distant combat, whereas Aguri specializes in long-range combat, which is understandable since he's a archer. And Ryuga is also very skilled in close combat, but he also lacks skills in long-range combat.

I reckon the only time Takeru would be the "weakest link" in the group has nothing to do with his skills, it's his over-dramatics when it comes to his emotions, it just ruins the mood of the scenes for me and ruins my viewing experience, and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way about his over-dramatics & over-acting.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I'd say the only flaw was Takeru's freak out from finding out what happened to what's her names family.
is what I was responding to. He's not the weakest actor on the show, but his incredibly broad acting sure makes him the worst.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

Aguri uses his left hand to pull the bowstring. I wonder if it is just the style of Kusugami ryu or if Aguri is left handed or if the actor himself is left handed. ...
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

dancercotillion wrote: is what I was responding to. He's not the weakest actor on the show, but his incredibly broad acting sure makes him the worst.
now that makes more sense to me, although I wouldn't necessarily consider Ikeda's acting to be "incredibly broad", but he might have more acting experience than the other 3 main casts, ironically though, he is also the one whose acting is exaggerated in the series, pity. Then again, his acting was also exaggerated in Gokaiger, but in Gai's case, that's just how his character is in general. But in Garo, I just don't quite get the same impression about Takeru, so seeing Ikeda's over-acting in those emotional scenes just feels abit out of place. I would've expected to see that kind of overdramatics more from Gai rather than Takeru.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

I don't know why most fussed over Takeru's reaction. Just imagine Haruto in Wizard failing to save someone under his watch. If he didn't instantly turn Phantom, he would be sulking around worse than Takeru.

Still cannot get myself to like the new OP/ED. Guess it will take some time.

Re-watching the episode and then I see the list the Madou Horror was browsing. Bad english brings us 'M' and 'W' for 'man' and 'woman', and apparently they also rate soul in 'good', 'bad' and 'atrocious'.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

Most of us "fuss over it" because it's so damn fake and over-dramatic, there's nothing wrong with feeling the way we do about his acting. There's nothing wrong with acting all devastated, but sometimes when actors put too much force into certain scenes, the acting comes off as too fake and over-the-top, and that ultimately becomes a flaw in the actor's acting ability.

Actually, I cannot imagine Haruto losing it the way Takeru does, let alone any worse than Takeru. Remember that scene when he almost lost Koyomi? She is someone he deeply cares about it, and he was so devastated when Koyomi contemplated on well, to put it lightly, let herself 'disappear' from his life. But unlike Takeru's seemingly fake exaggerated acting, Shiraishi Shunya's (Haruto) acting in those emotional scenes was actually convincing, because he did not over-act, but he was still able to express those emotions convincingly, I totally believed his emotions...something that Ikeda on the other hand, tends to exaggerate in Garo, which just makes it hard for me to believe his emotions.

I do not believe Haruto would be any more devastated in losing a gate than losing Koyomi, although I'm sure Haruto would not want anything bad to happen to either, but most of the gates he met were basically strangers to him, even though he still cares about them, while Koyomi is someone he deeply cares about and is a important person to him. Anyway my point is, he almost lost Koyomi before whom he cares about very much, and he did have a very emotional scene when he tried to convince her to not give up on her life, and he was able to express those emotions convincingly. And Haruto did lose a gate before, let's not forget that Haruto has had numerous emotional scenes throughout the Wizard series, and NEVER have I thought his acting in those emotional scenes were exaggerated like Takeru's were.
But in Ikeda's case, I guess we can't necessarily blame him, maybe he was just following the director's orders to over-act, if that's the case, then the person we should blame for this poor judgement in acting direction is the director.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”