The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 13 released

Post by XIII »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_13

So we have a new OP song, I think it is by JAM Project, I kinda prefer the first op, matched up with the graphics more, this once just seems to be random compared to the graphics

The Knights have their Madou Horror checker now and put it to use straight away with several fights, all of which appear to have Gold Wave, which makes me think that only high ranking Madou Horrors have this thing about them, the little grunt things dont, and as it appears to be taking its toll on Ryuuga. The checker thing is strange, kinda reminds me of a childs toy, they better hope its not made like one or itll break easy.

The 2nd half of the episode brings us to the what can only be described as a soul bank and it brings abit of emotion from the Knights as they are confronted with what it is and what it contains, they have done well to try to tug at you heart strings with this section, more so playing on that family that was featured in Ep 7, it kinda does show that they arent all walking shells with no emotions

Also whats his face gets some screen time in this one, still cant remember his name, but he does like to pick on Ryuuga when he can.

And we get a new end song, not sure who it is by, its a good song, but I do prefer the first one, it had more feeling in it than this one.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 13 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_13

Not really liking the new opening. It sounds like it's mixed wrong with the vocals being way too quiet compared to the music. It's kind of lazy how the footage didn't change with the song change. At least the ending footage of Rian fits with Okui Masumi's singing a bit?

LOL, what's with the bad cgi on the politician guy? It like moves back and forth poorly. Ryuuga getting thrown out of the car was also kind of funny.

Although I liked the way it tossed his head at Ryuuga.

Again with the bad CGI for the doctor. Still, got to love the efficiency with which they hunt Horrors in this episode. Go straight to Garo form and kill them with minimal resistance.

Oh boy, there's more Aguri in this episode than in the rest of the series- Oh shit, he's leaving for the Senate. Seriously?

Takeru, that's the first thing you said to her when you first met. You don't think that'd revive her memories a bit? Is he still eating her onigiri in the next scene in front of Kaneshiro Foods? Heh, this series and it's quick clothes changes. It's really a trope at this point.

Oh okay, Aguri stays throughout the episode, and actually has a pretty good arc. I don't want to see another Takeru freakout for the rest of the series.

The new Horror checker is pretty stupid. The flames were so simple and had a lot of application. And were kind of cool. Now they're carrying around a weird creepy doll that you have to wait for it to spin around before you can tell it's working. From a visual standpoint it's disappointing.

Do you guys recognize the two main Horrors in this episode (doctor chump doesn't count). Don't cheat by looking it up on wiki!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 13 released

Post by Lunagel »

While I like the new OP better (ED is good too), they definitely should have changed the visuals. The OP's not bad but the ED looks disjointed and detracts from the song itself.

I swear I'm not being a fujoshi here, but Ryuuga is totally hitting on Aguri during the archery scene. "I'll come with you if you want!" "Just use all your might and push it through!"

lol quick somersault change, awesome

I was feeling really touched and almost about to cry and then Takeru ruined the scene with his overacting. DAMMIT MAN!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

They should have changed the OP/ED sequences to fit the songs but I like the new songs. I really like the funeral pyre scene at the end of the episode. It shows them for the first time being united instead of being forced to work together.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I'm not digging the new OP. I think the older OPs worked better for me. And they really should have changed the visuals. The current OP doesn't work with the old visuals at all. As for the new ED, I think that the previous ED sounded nicer.

Not too sure what to feel about the new Horror detector. As take mentioned, the flames had so much more application, like the flames could be used to light the sword up in previous series... Can this new detector do anything else?

So normally they have so much difficulty in fighting a Madou Horror, but they can stealth assassinate them with not much difficulty...?

So 13 episodes in... And we still don't know what happened to Kouga and what happened to the armor's golden lustre? =/
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

>So normally they have so much difficulty in fighting a Madou Horror, but they can stealth assassinate them with not much difficulty...?

It's a stealth kill! Don't you know video games?!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

they need a makai garotte weapon if they truly want to stealth kill
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I was hoping Aguri was going to kiss Ryuga when they were dressed up as workers during the "don't push the button" scene.

I really enjoyed this one. Glad the show has picked up the pace and gotten more entertaining. It's feeling more like Garo should feel now.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

Not to fond of the new OP music either, it is too jarring with the visuals, where as the old instrumental OP flowed really well. Kind of ambivalent about the new ED at this point.

As regards the Madou Horror Detector... I wish it did something a bit more visually interesting as the old flames really had that in their favour. Rather odd but I do like the eerie sound it makes when it spins.

The animation studio really needs to go in and tweak the rigging on the Horrors and even the Makai Knight models, some of the movement in the animation is just awkward and overly stilted. But it also looks like they are having trouble with the key animation, and integrating the digital animation into the live action footage. More and more I am feeling the lack of the physical suits and practical stunt work.

Loved that we got an Aguri centric episode... More of that lovely tailcoat in action.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

At last, Aguri seem to acknowledge Ryuuga. And the Flaming Armament are back, even if not yet used in fight.

Just a little plot hole : how did they convince the family to continue without Rui? They probably wouldn't wanted to leave her, and they weren't probably told that some Makai Priest had prevented them from recovering her to make them Horror rations.

For the Madou Horror detector, I was expecting a Madou Lighter with red flame, but this one make me think of the City's Goddess.

For the politician part, why was I expecting him to say "Makai particles detected! Destroy!"? Maybe it's Akiba 2suu's fault. Onore Akiba!!!
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I really enjoy the new opening song.

I was also glad to see (even if it was the same one used twice) an actual monster-based horror, rather than a predator/tri-mouthed one.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

Garo and team seem to be doing a lot of planned ops to kill madou horrors. Its really impressive. I do like Ryuga. Garo's armor seemed fully golden when Ryuga gathered all of Aguri's arrows. The funeral ceremony was a nice thing to do.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by MissTokuLover »

I loved this ep! It was so touching, honestly I cried during some parts, and I'm sure you all can guess which parts they were. The little funeral they held for the human souls at the end was very nice too, I teared up again during that scene!

It's good to see Aguri finally getting some more focus and I enjoyed his interactions with Ryuga, I'm glad he finally acknowledges Ryuga and is starting to appreciate him more.
Seriously, Ryuga is probably my favorite character now, I think he's growing & developing quite well, he has really changed compared to the cold loner that he was in the beginning. Throughout the first half of the season, we've seen Ryuga gradually change & mature as a character, how he gradually formed bonds with his fellow Makai teammates, and we get to see more of his sentimentality & empathy, especially in ep 13.

I think with each passing episode the actors have also gradually improved in terms of their acting, I think Kuriyama Wataru (Ryuga's actor) and Aoki Tsunenori (Aguri) were particularly convincing in this ep. Nanri Miki (Rian) is gradually improving also. But I was quite turned off by Ikeda Junya's (Takeru) over-acting again, he just puts too much force into his emotional scenes, and that just makes his acting seem too forced and fake.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who dislikes the new OP theme, although I do like the new ED theme, but I have to agree with the majority here that the old ED theme by Ootomo Kouhei (Burai) is better.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

LOL at Takeru. I think he's the kinda guy that gets angry instead of sad, which is fine, except that there's no immediate outlet for his anger, so he just ends up flailing around ruining the scene. Adding to that, there's no real reason he should feel so much for the family, I mean, it's not like he formed a big emotional connection to them that one episode. It's rather overdone and puts me off a bit. You really can't blame the actor too much though, if the director keeps going with it then at that point I think it's a director's choice rather than an acting choice (cuz any actor worth his/her money will tell you that he's totally overdoing it.)
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

At last we hit the 13 episode mark. The new opening sounds good but I hope they change the visuals. It doesn't fit right with the new opening. The new ending does fit well with the ending visual though. Are we ever going to get a episode about Ryuga's past? We don't know much about when he was young and his mother. Also I realized Aguri is useless in close combat after getting his ass beat up by that madou horror.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”