Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 15 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_15

Watched this one in bed. Learned a bit about Ryuuga's background. I liked the overarching premise of Ryuuga setting up a grave in each town he visits, but I didn't like the beginning where it looked like they were walking through a green screen forest.

So that's why Ryuuga is mad at Burai in episode one. He made Ryuuga put down his robot dog when he became Garo.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 15 released

Post by Lunagel »

Kinda boring episode. The backstory bit was good but the first half was basically just a clip show and I hate clip shows.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Agreed... Sorta a filler episode to recap on things and to inform you on the differences of the Horrors. And that CG Forest was... a bit too much at times.

Though there is that touching scene with Ryuuga / Doggy.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

Interesting way to deliver a clip show at least. It was funny because the minute he started piling rocks I figured he was making a grave, but not for his Mom... I thought it was for Lago. I also really liked what Rian did with the flowers.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I like the episode for the most part. It's the best way to get some exposition and world building into a show. I enjoyed some of the facts and acknowledgments given in the episode.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I personally hate recap episodes, and thus had there not been plot development with them explaining how Ryuuga got his hands on the garo armor, I'd regret watching this episode.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

Yeah that green screen forest wasn't done all that well, I also agree that it was kind of a filler episode. But doesn't really explain why the Garo armor is black, I wish they say more.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Lago and Ryuga was a touching scene. So from what Rian said, Garo's armor might be created from Madou Horrors? That might explain why it shines when the gold waves hit it.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

I hate recap episodes but this one was well done and was at least enjoyable to watch

At the part where they talked about Sonshi lifting the Makai Ken like it was nothing I noticed before but they never really addressed it until now

The back story of Ryuga was kinda rushed in some sense since we saw like a minute of him being a child, and then straight out cut into him being older.
I think that if we really want to know about the back story, then Burai will have to say it, since he knew where the Garo armor was, and was the one who told Ryuga to go to Volcity in the first place.

Later in the episode, the one thing I keep thinking about is how this would of been the worse date ever at first XD
Since Ryuga made Rian pick up rocks
Then again Ryuga never told Rian to follow him in the first place
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I also dislike clip shows but I think it's good they kept the clips to half the episode and gave us something we wanted in the other half.

Priest Burai is now even more suspicious than before. So he had the already-dimmed Garo armor and went out and found some kid to try to get it? He looked shocked when Ryuga actually pulled the blade from the rock. Was Ryuga not the first candidate?

It makes sense that armor and swords might be made in part from horror essence. I always figured "soul metal" meant "forged out of horror souls and hungry to eat more of them." It seems like a huge amount of the magic in this show is actually stolen from horrors and then purified enough to be workable. Considering Kiba in the original series, well, I didn't think this was a surprise at all. If the Garo armor happens to come from a higher tier type of horror that's not even that big of a shock, but it does explain why it might be interacting with it.

Rian and Ryuga are continuing to get along well. I like them. They're not the same kind of romance that Kaouru and Koga had but both Rian Ryuga have very different issues and personalities. I like Ryuga's personality has, well, manifested. And, he as a character is now asking the questions we are. I think it's always bad for a show when the audience knows a lot more than the main character; it makes it feel like the main character is lagging behind. That was the biggest problem with the original theatrical release of Dark City. They told the audience in a voiceover EVERYTHING the main character worked the whole movie to find out. (The director's cut is like 8x better than the theatrical version with that removed, by the way.)

Also! The movie promo was SO DAMN CUTE. Now I want Zero-Kun to get a spinoff too.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

I liked this ep. Ryuga is starting to sound really serious about horror hunting now. Seeing as the madou horror mystery is somehow related to garo armor I'm really pumped about how its all going to turn out.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Oh dear, a recap episode, not something I had expected -- from last week's preview I thought we might see a childhood episode. Still, some interesting tidbits of backstory and plot get sprinkled along.

Everyone seems to be thinking Garo's armor was made from madou horrors but what if the opposite were true. Zedom somehow managed to defeat the original Garo (or at least steal the armor), use it to make his seeds, which is why the armor is now black.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I would've prefered a whole episode telling the backstory of Ryuuga, Burai and the armor. I couldn't feel the sorrow for killing Lago because we didn't see his relationship with Ryuuga.

It's a pity that they wasted like this a story with a lot of potential.
Last edited by Dragonfan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

Kouga is not even in YwTM so why would they bother with a backstory of him? We all knew from ep 14 that the Garo armor had been without a wearer for a long time. What's important now is to learn about how Ryuga got his hands on the armor and thankfully for ep 15, we've got the answer to that question now.

Considering ep 15 was a clip show, it was executed quite well, I think many of us can agree that what really saved this episode from being a total waste was they finally revealed some background about Ryuga, how he obtained the Garo armor, and we also learned more about his connection with Burai and why Ryuga was so hostile towards him in the beginning of the series. The memories Ryuga has of his mother was also explained.

So even as a clip show, ep 15 has actually explained & answered alot of questions, and is a significant development.
Normally I hate clip shows/recaps because many of the ones I've watched were just totally pointless and didn't explain anything other than what has already happened. But I really like ep 15, because unlike most other clip shows/recaps, this ep actually revealed a lot of answers to many questions, which makes this ep very relevant as far as the development in the story goes.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

MissTokuLover wrote:Kouga is not even in YwTM so why would they bother with a backstory of him? We all knew from ep 14 that the Garo armor had been without a wearer for a long time. What's important now is to learn about how Ryuga got his hands on the armor and thankfully for ep 15, we've got the answer to that question now.
My bad, I meant Ryuuga XD.

I'm going to edit my post.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”