Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 15 released

Post by dancercotillion »

The grave Ryuuga set up for his mom looks an awful lot like the symbol on the back of Rei's jacket. Maybe that's just how Makai Knights honour the dead?

Or is Ryuuga a Suzumura descendant?!
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

Lunagel wrote: You're arguing details, but the general overall observation is that he has limited facial expression, which is not good for an actor, particularly if he's playing the lead role.

Now I'll grant you that Kouga had limited facial expression in the first two series, but it never felt like he didn't know how to act, it was just how his character was. Ryuuga doesn't really have the same excuse, he's a much more emotional character, but we don't get that when he has issues trying to get across his feelings.
No, I'm arguing arguments that don't seem to have really any real substance.

Personally, coming from someone who has watched Makai Senki and this season, I actually don't think Ryuga is really all that much different to Kouga. I'm not implying that they're the same, because they're different characters and they still have some differences. But considering Ryuga's past and the harsh way he was raised, it would be understandable for his personality to be rather cold and distant, or someone who just doesn't like showing too much emotion & feelings all the time. And I do think in Ryuga's case, that's also just the way he was written. Frankly, if I was raised the same way as Ryuga; locked up in isolation from the rest of the world, and did nothing but train hard for many years, I probably would turn out the same way as he did, personality wise.
Of course Ryuga is an empathetic character, but considering the way he was raised, he strike me as the kind of person who also doesn't really like showing too much emotion most of the time. So I would not exactly consider him to be a particularly emotional person, he strikes me as being more of the opposite, someone doesn't like showing his weaknesses and doesn't like showing too much emotions and prefer to be more reserved and collected most of the time.
So quite similar to Kouga, albeit not the same, Ryuga also seems to smile more. To me, Ryuga seems to be like a mix of Takeru and Aguri; he is not as emotional & hot-headed as Takeru is, but he is also less cold & expressionless than Aguri.

If I am right about his character, then Kuriyama's somewhat limited facial expressions is warranted, and he is an amateur after all, as far as I know, this is only his debut acting role, so we can't possibly ask for too much from him. But considering how he was at the start of the series, both his acting and his character are gradually improving.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I don't like how they have a recap episode like after two episodes the main story for Garo Yami o Terasu Mono started. They should have had it like episode 13 then start the main story that would make sense.
Kurow wrote:
Too many questions and not answers yet

1) Why was the Garo armor available or abandoned in the first place?
2) Kouga is dead?
3) Kaoru is Ryuuga's mother?
4) Where was Zaruba? Ryuga was able to get the armor without a contract unlike Kouga and looks like the armor choose him.
1) Garo Yami o Terasu Mono is based in the future. It's presumed that Kouga has died off and there hasn't been a Garo for a long time
2) Just answered it in question one.
3) No Kaoru is not Ryuuga's mother they have no resemblance and again the story takes place way in the future.
4) Zaruba was probably with Priest Burai since in the show they did know each other (Source: Ep. 2). Makai Knights never had to make a contract with a madogo in order to wear the armor. They just had to master the soul metal in order to wear it. In this case Kouga had to train for years in order to pull out the Garo Ken sword, the same with Ryuga.

Preview:
Spoiler
So Rian finally finds out Enhou is a madou horror... I can smell a girl fight!

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”