Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 17 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_17

Starts off as a clip show, but with a twist, so I'm fine with that. I wish there were a few more "you didn't see that moments" like Enhou getting drugged or Ryuuga almost getting turned into a Madou Horror. I wonder why Tousei is so powerful and just who is Sonshi. Who's that girl in the statue and why do plants come out of her body? Is she a Makai Priest?

I was kind of hoping they'd tease out whether or not Tousei was the true villain, but I guess they decided to go this route instead. There's no fighting, but it was kind of fun to see Tousei rise to power through his hostile takeover. Seeing all the bad guys lined up and walking into their new fortress was kind of nice.

Not really sure what he saw in Enhou. He already had Sonshi who's unstoppable. Plus Enhou nearly bought it in the last episode against Ryuuga. Not exactly on par with Sonshi.

Looks like shit's really hit the fan between the two factions. Next week should be a big one.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 17 released

Post by Yaiba »

This certainly explained a few things, like:

- Why was that real estate horror monologuing when Ryuuga first found him
- Why was there 2 cup marks on the bench after Enhou drank in the steak house
- That guy who had been feeding Enhou human souls before the full conversion was probably Sonsho
- How did Tosei locate Ryuuga in the van when SG-1 cannot
- Why did Sonshi suddenly revealed himself to attack Ryuuga, and retreated when he's still winning
- And why did Sonshi disappeared for no reason last episode... to hurry back and report to his master for their next move

Of course, there are still more questions, but there are still quite a few episodes to go to explain them. The show has started slow, but has been picking up pace these past episodes and its turning into a pretty good show.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

This was a nice episode, the clip show was good since it did reveal some things that people might not picked up on, also showed how Tousei was planning everything out in the shadows

I kinda got chills when all the people were getting eaten, especually the children, and then when they came too late to find out that everyone already died.

I don't know why they left Burai alive though, like did they just forget about him or find him not important, or did they turn him into a makai horror too.

All in all, there was no action, but it was still a good episode in my opinion.

The next episode preview seems intense as heck. Can't wait for it.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

I've got a lot of catching up to do with watching this series but after seeing this episode, I think this is the best one so far. But then, I felt sad about what happened to the Kaneshiro family. I didn't expect a complete family massacre will be Tousei's chosen path to ascension.

And yeah... who was that girl producing the plants for Tousei? Another week of waiting.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

It was an interesting choice to hide the villain's perspectives all along. Unfortunately, I think it would have made for better television if the audience saw it happening all along. It's too easy to retcon things like this (though the details here suggest it was all a Steven Moffat-esque Master Plan). Of course, we still don't know jack about any of our protagonists other than Ryuga was trained by Burai for 10 years. That's pretty damn frustrating.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

The show is getting more intense as it nears its end. I liked how Tousei got in a suit and sleeked his hair back. I can't wait next week's episode it looks epic.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

How many episodes is this season going to have? Because things are pretty intense now, and we are only at episode 18.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Clip Show. Bad.

This type of Clip show. Good.

I like how nuts Tousei naturally is. I also liked the eyes rolled back in the head movement he made hiding by the wall at the museum when Ryuuga called him out.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I don't like clip shows, but this showed us stuff we didn't see so it's all good.

Sonshi still continues to be unstoppable so it's definitely going to be a good final battle, my guess is this time they get violent enough that they top themselves and blow up three trains as opposed to two like last time lol.

But in all seriousness this was definitely a wham episode just because it actually had children and the rest of the kansui family get eaten.

looking forward to the next episode.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Wow... just wow. This episode left me speechless. The family massacre was emotional and brutal, as was the heroes' failure to save anyone. Not sure if Burai is still alive or not...
Spoiler
... but not seeing him in next week's preview doesn't look good at all.

I actually went back to view ep 4 after this to watch the cup marks and the wound on his thumb; it all matches up. That was brilliantly executed... and we were all left wondering what happened back then.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Wow, just wow. the revelation last ep is kinda stunning, but having a clip show that emphasized the revelation is really good.

In other matter, does this mean there's only 4 Madou Horror left? This seems like a letdown seeing as we noticed the whole city contains a bunch of them before. yeah, the Knight cuts a lot of Madou Horror after that, but I'm still not convinced there's only 4 left. plus, we don't know yet if Tousei is a Madou Horror.

Aww, come on. We still don't know what happened to the Garo armor after Kouga left, and now we got the big question of who's the girl that produces the Madou Plant is?

Spoiler
Is Ryuuga going to become the next Madou Horror? damn
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The episode was cool and it explain with more details a lot of things.

Now that Tousei is the city boss he needs to wear a suit! *kappa*

I'm glad that Takeru's girlfriend was not more into the situation and I was worry about her dying or becoming a madou horror.

If the show is going to be 25 episodes as always it is strange to see that big battle coming too soon.
Final Vent!
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Another unanswered question that's been nagging me now... what happens if you cut down the Tousei? Do the madou horrors then regain their free will? Would they retain their original personality or remain evil, human-eating horrors? Can they become redeemable, or be restored?

I suspect the answer to that might become an important plot point if they plan to go on with Tousei attempting to convert Ryuuga (or if they make Enhou more than just another madou horror lieutenant to be cut down).
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

This episode was intense!!! So much revelations! Who knew he was working in the shadows all along, that's some awesome storytelling!!!! Can't wait for next episode!!!!
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

MadCow wrote:I actually went back to view ep 4 after this to watch the cup marks and the wound on his thumb; it all matches up. That was brilliantly executed... and we were all left wondering what happened back then.
I did the same thing. I remember noticing the second water ring and thinking it was odd, but I had completely missed the bandaid on the thumb. Seeing it was there all along makes me realize just how much they've been stringing us along this entire show.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”