Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 18 released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_18

HOLY SHIT HE TOOK A SWORD TO THE FACE THAT WAS CRAZY AWESOME

I was going to comment on the Shatner-esque level of Tousei chewing the scenery and the really irritating CGI along with Takeru losking his hand like a badass but it was all blown away by the HOLY SHIT

TO THE FACE
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 18

Post by takenoko »

First, I thought my video was broken because of the opening. Given the problems we've had in the past, I'd prefer it if they didn't do that XD

But holy shit, what the fuck is going on in this episode? I'm really hoping they keep these changes, because that'd be a real ballsy move. It'd be pretty dumb if there's a magic potion that restores eyesight or regrows limbs.

The battle was pretty epic, although I'm still not a big fan of the prequel Star Wars style of fake backgrounds. It just really takes me out of it to notice that they're obviously in front of a green screen or something.

Sonshi makes a good point. We don't see enough people use sai weapons. What a great weapon they are.

Man, just who is that girl? She seems to know Burai, but he doesn't know her? How's that work? And why is she spitting out Madou plants and singing?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 18 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Ouch! A lot of blood on Ryuuga's face!
It's very awful but...
the battle was kinda crazy.

So Tousei fails to turn Ryuuga into a Madou Horror.

it's very awful that Takeru cuts his arms. Damn!

zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Darn, what a wicked episode. For a moment there I really thought that Garo will get stabbed and the remaining half of the series will be him struggling between staying a Knight and transforming into a Madou Horror.

BUT TAKERU'S HAND. OUCH. AND IN THE FACE. A SWORD IN THE FACE. I can imagine a Makai tool that's kinda like a bionic hand thingum for Takeru, but Ryuuga's eyesight is gonna be hard to 'restore'.

Why did Tousei want to keep Rian alive anyway? Is she a descendent of the first priest or something?

So the Garo-ken is now in the lobby of a building in Volcity?

Also, bad CGI much. And this (did they forget to turn off the filter or something?):
Spoiler
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

This episode is just epic

The actual cgi fights aren't too bad. But like everyone else I was going to comment about the distracting green screen background and the 2D mario-style cgi fights... but then Takeru sacrificed his hand... and then that SWORD IN THE FACE just made every comment went out the window

For a moment I thought Takeru would become the enemy

It was interesting to see that out of the three fights, Aguri was the first to get a upper hand on his opponent. Perhaps Aguri was the first to regain his calm or Rivera was the weakest of them?

That girl knows Burai and seems to know Ryuuga. Was she someone older that got turned back into a child? Was she a priest too? Does Tousei need another priest because the girl cannot produce madou seeds anymore?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

WOW THAT BLEW ME IN THE FACE XD but seriously the cgi was actually pretty good for this episode. I guess that could explain why they made the eyes red on the Garo toy. viewtopic.php?f=59&t=13224
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 18

Post by JustiFan »

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! That's all I can really say right now... :shock:
takenoko wrote:First, I thought my video was broken because of the opening. Given the problems we've had in the past, I'd prefer it if they didn't do that XD
Hah, I thought the same thing - it had me worried for a second there! A shame because I was busy rocking out to the song at the time! :lol:
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

ALL MY QUESTIONS ARE WITH THE PRIESTESS GIRL (and I'm not talking about Rian.) Just... WHO IS SHE??? What does she know? WHY IS SHE A *KID*????

And yeah. Takeru. Ryuuga. OMG YOU GUYS ;_; I feel so sorry for them. All in all, obvious CGI aside, AWESOME episode *3*
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I cried for epicness. More than once.

And about the commercials...

Spoiler
Rin in Tougen no fue!
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

Lol. I thought I was the only one having problems with the opening of this episode. Looks like I'm not the only victim. :D

Ryuuga... the scene where he was blinded kept playing in my mind over and over. But by the looks of it, he's gonna level up sooner or later. Typical scenario in a sense when a hero falls and struggles to get back in the game. I just hope that he won't be too overpowered when he gets a grip of himself and become Super Garo or something like that.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I really enjoyed seeing Sonshi use sais for weapons.
I figured Takeru would get in the way of the plant, but I was hoping he'd be turned into a Makai Horror.
Ryuga can't see now...maybe someone will heal him?
And who is that little girl? What powers does she have? And will Zedom be the big bad at the end of this season?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

That opening :[
I was like crap the heck is happening, and then it played normal after the weird thing.
I said to myself did they really just do that O-o and replayed the opening just for it XD

Overall
WTF WHASODHSIODHSIOADHASIO EPISODE
Was so good D:

I expected Takeru to get in the way of the planet, wasn't expecting him to cut his hand off. I kinda expected it to like not do anything cause Tousei wanted to plant to go through the mouth like how he did it with Enhou but I guess I was wrong.

And then THE SWORD TO THE FACE, commented by everyone, was not expecting, The moment Sonshi came out of the window, was expecting him to stab the sword through his chest or something, Totally not the face. My god O_O

Spoiler
And the girl, kinda makes me think that it's Ryuga's mom, since she does know Ryuga and Burai, since Ryuga's flash back did send him memories of his mom,still no idea who the dad is tho o-o. And makes sense the plants are being produced by her. Just waiting for the reveal about how she became so small and produce the plants ._.
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Literally what the fuck did i just watch?
I mean the whole fight, was just pure epicness. There no way Garo will be able to see now, and takeru seem to have lost his sword hand I bet. But seriously guys, what the fuck? xD
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

That was cold-blooded being stabbed in the face like that. :twisted: I don't think Ryuga is going to be blind though. After all what good is having Magical Priests around if they can't heal you. - That goes for Gokai Silver hand too. Knights don't fight humans my ass. Tousei would've been headless if I was there. They may want to rethink that one for certain situations. But I'm wondering is that little girl a horror, a priest, or
Spoiler
Ryuga mom
like was suggested already. Hmmm
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

holy crap, this episode was awesome... can't wait to see the next episode.
it's not a big suprise that yasuaki kurata (sonshi) using sais, because he used them already in the jackie chan movie "twinkle, twinkle lucky stars" against jackie chan and sammo hung... it was a great fight... and he's a great martial artist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEYxHuUmr3c
you can see him at 5:28

i'm wondering if we're going to see kouga or finding out what happened with him, because we know the last garo disappeard a time ago...is it kouga?

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”