Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

The way Tosei made it seem like in the last episode, is that would've been the last of making Madou Horrors. Or did he only mean through making them from the little girl? So now since he has a fresh "female" Makai Priest (Rian) he can start the process all over?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Pretty much. I guess a vessel can be used only for so long. It also explains why the song makes the Madou Horrors stronger.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

But you would think that seeing she is a child, they could've used her a lot longer then that.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

The previews give a hint as to what was going on with that.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Oh....had to go check that out. I skipped it the first time around. :mrgreen:
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The contract have to be something special and I think that in this part 3 something is wrong with the contract because Kouga made the contract before being able to put out the Garo Ken and become Garo in part 1.

Kouga did a contract with Gajari and then was sent to the promised land.

My theory is that to use Garo full potential and for the armor to recover the shine the contract must exist!.
Last edited by Kurow on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Final Vent!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kurow wrote:The contract have to be something special and I think that there is something wrong with the contract because Kouga made the contract before being able to put out the Garo Ken and become Garo.
This season's writer probably didn't pay attention to the first season. Or Zaruba has gone so long without a contract with a Makai Knight he requires life now.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

As to the Zedom thing, they already explained that normally a makai priest incubates the seeds in his body so that they can grow and then be planted and eventually processed into soul metal. I just sort of assumed it was a sacrifice to do that -- instead, it sort of looks like producing the seeds makes the vessel age backwards until they hit a limit to what their body can stand.

I figure Ryuga's eyes look intact because it was the Garo armor that was actually blinded and what he's experiencing is more along the lines of feedback that fried the optic nerve. I mean, that sword went INTO THE HEAD, not just a slash across the eyes. If it was going to be reflected in real world body damage, he'd be dead from a brain hit.

But they made it pretty clear between the time when Kouga started to go dark and monstered out in the first series and the time he and Kaoru entered the armor together in the second series (and appeared to be floating in infinite sky) that once he put on the armor fully, it becomes a transformation/avatar form situation. Normally, even if someone cuts the armor deeply the wound isn't reflected on the "wearer" afterward but they do feel pain; so I think this was a special case involving a nerve hit.

As far as Aguri's weapon ... well, if you notice the weapons transform when they summon their armor. The Garo Ken is the released form (if I can make a Bleach reference) of the Makai Ken. Soul metal is metamorphic ... it should be repairable. I could make a case for him just holding the broken pieces together, opening up his armor gate and untransforming at it being fixed. But that wouldn't be too dramatic so some makai priest repair job will probably be in order.

Finally, I'm not sure this series is in the same universe as seasons 1 and 2. It doesn't seem too far in the future yet his mother said "long ago" Garo shone with golden brilliance. It would have to be 50+ years imho for that to be accurate phrasing. I've thought this for a while actually. There's just so many little details that are different - for instance, that Priest Burai issued "orders" summoning Ryuga to VolCity, something the Watchdogs normally do; the differences in the contract with Zaruba; no references to Kouga out of Zaruba's mouth... it just seems to me they said "eh, new continuity, assume things are the same mostly but we'll change anything inconvenient as we go."
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Alessar wrote:As to the Zedom thing, they already explained that normally a makai priest incubates the seeds in his body so that they can grow and then be planted and eventually processed into soul metal. I just sort of assumed it was a sacrifice to do that -- instead, it sort of looks like producing the seeds makes the vessel age backwards until they hit a limit to what their body can stand.

I figure Ryuga's eyes look intact because it was the Garo armor that was actually blinded and what he's experiencing is more along the lines of feedback that fried the optic nerve. I mean, that sword went INTO THE HEAD, not just a slash across the eyes. If it was going to be reflected in real world body damage, he'd be dead from a brain hit.

But they made it pretty clear between the time when Kouga started to go dark and monstered out in the first series and the time he and Kaoru entered the armor together in the second series (and appeared to be floating in infinite sky) that once he put on the armor fully, it becomes a transformation/avatar form situation. Normally, even if someone cuts the armor deeply the wound isn't reflected on the "wearer" afterward but they do feel pain; so I think this was a special case involving a nerve hit.

As far as Aguri's weapon ... well, if you notice the weapons transform when they summon their armor. The Garo Ken is the released form (if I can make a Bleach reference) of the Makai Ken. Soul metal is metamorphic ... it should be repairable. I could make a case for him just holding the broken pieces together, opening up his armor gate and untransforming and it being fixed. (I don't think that will happen -- it wouldn't be dramatic enough! So Burai will have to do a tricky repair job probably.)

Finally, I'm not sure this series is in the same universe as seasons 1 and 2. It doesn't seem too far in the future yet his mother said "long ago" Garo shone with golden brilliance. It would have to be 50+ years imho for that to be accurate phrasing. I've thought this for a while actually. There's just so many little details that are different - for instance, that Priest Burai issued "orders" summoning Ryuga to VolCity, something the Watchdogs normally do; the differences in the contract with Zaruba; no references to Kouga out of Zaruba's mouth... it just seems to me they said "eh, new continuity, assume things are the same mostly but we'll change anything inconvenient as we go."
Flying-gg
Adventure
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Flying-gg »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Kurow wrote:The contract have to be something special and I think that there is something wrong with the contract because Kouga made the contract before being able to put out the Garo Ken and become Garo.
This season's writer probably didn't pay attention to the first season. Or Zaruba has gone so long without a contract with a Makai Knight he requires life now.
Maybe it's because Zaruba saw something in Kouga and was sure he would be the next Garo even if he was too young when they form the contract.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm more inclined to believe the writer didn't pay attention to the first two seasons >.>
Flying-gg
Adventure
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru

Post by Flying-gg »

Lunagel wrote:I'm more inclined to believe the writer didn't pay attention to the first two seasons >.>
Don't ruin the magic for me !! :p
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Lunagel wrote:I'm more inclined to believe the writer didn't pay attention to the first two seasons >.>
Agreed.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Flying-gg wrote: Maybe it's because Zaruba saw something in Kouga and was sure he would be the next Garo even if he was too young when they form the contract.
Well, Kouga was the son of his previous owner, so I don't think that is weird that they sign the contract when Kouga still was a child.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous

Post by MadCow »

I was so psyched up for an epic blindfighting scene with Sonshi but then SG-1 turned up to crash the party. :-(

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”