Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:01 am

The way Tosei made it seem like in the last episode, is that would've been the last of making Madou Horrors. Or did he only mean through making them from the little girl? So now since he has a fresh "female" Makai Priest (Rian) he can start the process all over?

Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Posts: 6740
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:45 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Buffy
2ndFavoriteSeries: GARO
Dreamy: Chase
Favorite Actor?: Ming-Na Wen
Favorite Band: BoA
My boom: Apple Technology
Quote: Why don't I put a stake through her heart? You'd be surprised how many things that'll kill.
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Saejima Kouga » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:14 am

Pretty much. I guess a vessel can be used only for so long. It also explains why the song makes the Madou Horrors stronger.
Violence is the best answer.

Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:32 am

But you would think that seeing she is a child, they could've used her a lot longer then that.

Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Posts: 6740
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:45 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Buffy
2ndFavoriteSeries: GARO
Dreamy: Chase
Favorite Actor?: Ming-Na Wen
Favorite Band: BoA
My boom: Apple Technology
Quote: Why don't I put a stake through her heart? You'd be surprised how many things that'll kill.
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Saejima Kouga » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:42 pm

The previews give a hint as to what was going on with that.
Violence is the best answer.

Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Oh....had to go check that out. I skipped it the first time around. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Kurow
Douza Uru Zazaado
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:26 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Ryuki
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion
Location: Panama
Contact:

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Kurow » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:59 pm

The contract have to be something special and I think that in this part 3 something is wrong with the contract because Kouga made the contract before being able to put out the Garo Ken and become Garo in part 1.

Kouga did a contract with Gajari and then was sent to the promised land.

My theory is that to use Garo full potential and for the armor to recover the shine the contract must exist!.
Last edited by Kurow on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Final Vent!

User avatar
OOOKaiser
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by OOOKaiser » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Kurow wrote:The contract have to be something special and I think that there is something wrong with the contract because Kouga made the contract before being able to put out the Garo Ken and become Garo.
This season's writer probably didn't pay attention to the first season. Or Zaruba has gone so long without a contract with a Makai Knight he requires life now.

User avatar
Alessar
Salami Commander
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo
2ndFavoriteSeries: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Alessar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:43 pm

As to the Zedom thing, they already explained that normally a makai priest incubates the seeds in his body so that they can grow and then be planted and eventually processed into soul metal. I just sort of assumed it was a sacrifice to do that -- instead, it sort of looks like producing the seeds makes the vessel age backwards until they hit a limit to what their body can stand.

I figure Ryuga's eyes look intact because it was the Garo armor that was actually blinded and what he's experiencing is more along the lines of feedback that fried the optic nerve. I mean, that sword went INTO THE HEAD, not just a slash across the eyes. If it was going to be reflected in real world body damage, he'd be dead from a brain hit.

But they made it pretty clear between the time when Kouga started to go dark and monstered out in the first series and the time he and Kaoru entered the armor together in the second series (and appeared to be floating in infinite sky) that once he put on the armor fully, it becomes a transformation/avatar form situation. Normally, even if someone cuts the armor deeply the wound isn't reflected on the "wearer" afterward but they do feel pain; so I think this was a special case involving a nerve hit.

As far as Aguri's weapon ... well, if you notice the weapons transform when they summon their armor. The Garo Ken is the released form (if I can make a Bleach reference) of the Makai Ken. Soul metal is metamorphic ... it should be repairable. I could make a case for him just holding the broken pieces together, opening up his armor gate and untransforming at it being fixed. But that wouldn't be too dramatic so some makai priest repair job will probably be in order.

Finally, I'm not sure this series is in the same universe as seasons 1 and 2. It doesn't seem too far in the future yet his mother said "long ago" Garo shone with golden brilliance. It would have to be 50+ years imho for that to be accurate phrasing. I've thought this for a while actually. There's just so many little details that are different - for instance, that Priest Burai issued "orders" summoning Ryuga to VolCity, something the Watchdogs normally do; the differences in the contract with Zaruba; no references to Kouga out of Zaruba's mouth... it just seems to me they said "eh, new continuity, assume things are the same mostly but we'll change anything inconvenient as we go."

User avatar
Alessar
Salami Commander
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo
2ndFavoriteSeries: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Alessar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Alessar wrote:As to the Zedom thing, they already explained that normally a makai priest incubates the seeds in his body so that they can grow and then be planted and eventually processed into soul metal. I just sort of assumed it was a sacrifice to do that -- instead, it sort of looks like producing the seeds makes the vessel age backwards until they hit a limit to what their body can stand.

I figure Ryuga's eyes look intact because it was the Garo armor that was actually blinded and what he's experiencing is more along the lines of feedback that fried the optic nerve. I mean, that sword went INTO THE HEAD, not just a slash across the eyes. If it was going to be reflected in real world body damage, he'd be dead from a brain hit.

But they made it pretty clear between the time when Kouga started to go dark and monstered out in the first series and the time he and Kaoru entered the armor together in the second series (and appeared to be floating in infinite sky) that once he put on the armor fully, it becomes a transformation/avatar form situation. Normally, even if someone cuts the armor deeply the wound isn't reflected on the "wearer" afterward but they do feel pain; so I think this was a special case involving a nerve hit.

As far as Aguri's weapon ... well, if you notice the weapons transform when they summon their armor. The Garo Ken is the released form (if I can make a Bleach reference) of the Makai Ken. Soul metal is metamorphic ... it should be repairable. I could make a case for him just holding the broken pieces together, opening up his armor gate and untransforming and it being fixed. (I don't think that will happen -- it wouldn't be dramatic enough! So Burai will have to do a tricky repair job probably.)

Finally, I'm not sure this series is in the same universe as seasons 1 and 2. It doesn't seem too far in the future yet his mother said "long ago" Garo shone with golden brilliance. It would have to be 50+ years imho for that to be accurate phrasing. I've thought this for a while actually. There's just so many little details that are different - for instance, that Priest Burai issued "orders" summoning Ryuga to VolCity, something the Watchdogs normally do; the differences in the contract with Zaruba; no references to Kouga out of Zaruba's mouth... it just seems to me they said "eh, new continuity, assume things are the same mostly but we'll change anything inconvenient as we go."

User avatar
Flying-gg
Adventure
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Flying-gg » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:49 am

OOOKaiser wrote:
Kurow wrote:The contract have to be something special and I think that there is something wrong with the contract because Kouga made the contract before being able to put out the Garo Ken and become Garo.
This season's writer probably didn't pay attention to the first season. Or Zaruba has gone so long without a contract with a Makai Knight he requires life now.
Maybe it's because Zaruba saw something in Kouga and was sure he would be the next Garo even if he was too young when they form the contract.

User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 7673
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Lunagel » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:50 am

I'm more inclined to believe the writer didn't pay attention to the first two seasons >.>

User avatar
Flying-gg
Adventure
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Flying-gg » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 am

Lunagel wrote:I'm more inclined to believe the writer didn't pay attention to the first two seasons >.>
Don't ruin the magic for me !! :p

Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Posts: 6740
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:45 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Buffy
2ndFavoriteSeries: GARO
Dreamy: Chase
Favorite Actor?: Ming-Na Wen
Favorite Band: BoA
My boom: Apple Technology
Quote: Why don't I put a stake through her heart? You'd be surprised how many things that'll kill.
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Saejima Kouga » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:49 am

Lunagel wrote:I'm more inclined to believe the writer didn't pay attention to the first two seasons >.>
Agreed.
Violence is the best answer.

User avatar
Dragonfan
Salami Commander
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:55 pm
Male: Yes

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Dragonfan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Flying-gg wrote: Maybe it's because Zaruba saw something in Kouga and was sure he would be the next Garo even if he was too young when they form the contract.
Well, Kouga was the son of his previous owner, so I don't think that is weird that they sign the contract when Kouga still was a child.

MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:41 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kabuto
2ndFavoriteSeries: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector
Location: R'lyeh, Malaysia

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by MadCow » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 am

I was so psyched up for an epic blindfighting scene with Sonshi but then SG-1 turned up to crash the party. :-(

Post Reply

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”