Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 20 released

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 20 released

Post by Lunagel »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_20

[01:41] <Lunagel> I swear to god if his mother's tears or some bullshit heal his eyes I quit this show
[01:44] <Lunagel> SON OF A BITCH
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 20 released

Post by takenoko »

I was disappointed that Ryuuga got his sight back too, but was okay with it after realizing that Hakana lost her sight. As long as some price is paid.

Anyway, a lot of flashbacks this time, but it told the much needed back story for the series. We finally know how all the pieces of the puzzle ended up where they were, and they even crammed some backstory for Rian in there too. I don't quite remember what she said, but she wasn't initially planning on being a Makai Priest, right?

At least Takeru is still missing a hand.

Edit:
If you think about it, Priest Burai is kind of chicken shit. While it's not his fault, Hakana's "death" happened in something he was personally involved in. He doesn't even bother to tell Ryuuga that or give him the details of his mother's death. Or what she died for. He just makes it sound like she died suddenly from natural causes or an accident or something.

Wow, I totally missed the part where Tousei explains that his mother was a former Makai Priest. That explains a lot.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

As I probably mentioned numerous times since right after the ep aired, I either wanted Ryuuga to regain his sight after his speech (end of last ep) or at the final ep of the show. What happened felt both a bit weird and anticlimactic. Nonetheless, AT LEAST there was some price to be paid.

Hey Aguri, when are you going to fix your bow? You will be needing that soon.

The story we got was great and it resolves pretty much everything. I enjoyed that the why Ryuuga acted in such a hostile way to Burai in ep 1 was explained (still I do find it weird that Ryuuga seemed to forget about it afterwards).

Burai, could you please look a bit less depressing and that your back prevents you from moving?

Overall, spontaneous eye-healing aside, this was a good episode.

Preview:
Spoiler
Looks like Enhou will be done for next time. Based on the ep's title however, "Justice", I do wonder if she will snap out of the Horror's control and pull off a surprise attack on Tousei or something.
Behold the Emperor!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Another pretty good episode

Compared to the hostility at the beginning of the show, it shows how much Ryuuga has matured by not getting angry at Burai for directly involved in his mother's disappearance and even thanked Burai for what he'd done. Burai's methods may not be the best, but his training made him Garo. He was able to keep his promise to his mother. If he didn't become Garo, his mother's endurance of captivity would be all for naught.

Now we have most of the back story pieces in place

And yeah, at least the magically restored eyesight has some tradeoff
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

They still haven't explained why Garo lost it's golden brilliance... or did I miss that part?

Burai's kinda a dick... How can he not tell Ryuuga why/how his mom died?

Sonshi embraced his Madou Horror self pretty quickly. Does that mean he's rather weak-willed, considering how Enhou didn't completely give in to the dark side that easily?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Sonshi embraced his Madou Horror self pretty quickly. Does that mean he's rather weak-willed, considering how Enhou didn't completely give in to the dark side that easily?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Sonshi does seem like he's more brawn than brains though.

Hakana has her reasons, but it's amazing how everyone else didn't age in 15 years!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

So Burai didn't tell Ryuuga that his mom was dead until after he got the Garo armor? That's like 10 years! What a dick!

Aguri looks like he just smelled a fart or something.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Here's a simple question. Why did the red girl tried to take Rian trapped in that room if she was Ryuga's mother?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

About that, I think it's just the room that has it's own will and that she just warned her about that.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

To be honest, I almost cried in this episode when Hakana gave up her eyesight to restore Ryuga's eyes. That was one heartfelt moment for me.

Preview:
Spoiler
Seems like... Enhou is going to die in the next episode :D
Last edited by OOOKaiser on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

The mother's love for her son was a touching part I agree. Made me teary eyed. But then, just like what Luna said about Ryuuga regaining his sight after scenario... sigh... what the f... I'd rather see Ryuuga gaining temporary vision while in Garo armor and had to rely on his other senses when in normal mode. It'll make him more bad-ass. Oh well, I'm gonna blame the story/script writer/s instead. The hell with you killing the moment. @_@
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

zeta_gundam wrote:They still haven't explained why Garo lost it's golden brilliance... or did I miss that part?
I am asking myself the same question. Are they going to explain this or do we have to buy just what we have?
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one

Post by sentaidragon »

Dragonfan wrote:
zeta_gundam wrote:They still haven't explained why Garo lost it's golden brilliance... or did I miss that part?
I am asking myself the same question. Are they going to explain this or do we have to buy just what we have?
i would say it as to do something with kouga... maybe he sacrificed it in a big fight or something like that and vanished in another world. maybe we'll get the answer in the next garo movie.

it was a really sad episode... but the part with the eyes restoring... could be a bit more dramatic...
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Mandalori wrote:About that, I think it's just the room that has it's own will and that she just warned her about that.
And Hakana can just easily escape with Burai......oh well. That restoration is kinda hurried, but nevertheless we got a teary-eyed scene here.

Spoiler
wow, next episode is Rian's turn to don the red. Hot already
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

toni2212 wrote:
Mandalori wrote:About that, I think it's just the room that has it's own will and that she just warned her about that.
And Hakana can just easily escape with Burai......oh well. That restoration is kinda hurried, but nevertheless we got a teary-eyed scene here.
Because it got the new girl Rian, the room doesn't need Hakana anymore

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”