Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 20 released

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

He's right; Hakana couldn't make anymore Madou Seeds so it grabbed Rian, somehow. Tousei explicitly stated so.

I was about to call bull on Hakana reviving Ryuuga's sight, but then when I saw hers was gone I felt better about it. At least it made sense.

Now that we're at episode 20 it seems all the plotholes are resolved and now we can move on to the butt kicking finale. But before that I feel they'll address the much needed question of what happened to Kouga. At the same time, I would like to know why the Golden Wave would be able to restore its power and shine when nothing else could? What happened in the past to make the armor lose its shine? And what armor did Sonshi have before going Darkside?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
CuervaLocura
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: DekaRanger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sigurd
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by CuervaLocura »

Wasn't that Kaoru's picturebook she drew after Makai Senki on Chibi-Ryuuga's nightstand?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:And what armor did Sonshi have before going Darkside?
Well Sonshi's Horror form does look like a corrupted Makai armor...
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous

Post by MadCow »

Another good episode (minus magical eyesight trading), looks like it is the calm before the storm. Looking forward to seeing Tousei get his behind handed to him -- after the reveal he has been shown to be such a major psychopath that I want to see him taken out horribly. Perhaps Zedom will do that.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I'm the only one that think this is poor writing? Burai knew that Sonshi was a makai knight all the time and probably knew about tousei and he never said anything???? What???? I really don't understand!!!.

Also in a previous episode when the captured Enhou, Sonshi said something like "Her will is strong so its going to take some time for her to turn into a mahou horror" but Sonshi himself turn into a mahou horror in a couple of seconds???? is the will of a makai knight that weak???. it doesn't make any sense.

So Ryuga's mother name is Hakana and she is not Kaoru and so far looks like there is no connection between Kouga and this "new generation" also Zaruba is not going to say anything????....

That ritual was risky as hell and both women end up giving birth to madou plants @.@
Final Vent!
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

Kurow wrote:I'm the only one that think this is poor writing? Burai knew that Sonshi was a makai knight all the time and probably knew about tousei and he never said anything???? What???? I really don't understand!!!.
No, Burai didn't know those things. He had no way of knowing those things. He was fallen through the floor and out. He just saw Sonshi a couple episodes ago and by all rights should have thought he was dead before then, and he never met Tousei at all before the start of the series.
Kurow wrote: So Ryuga's mother name is Hakana and she is not Kaoru and so far looks like there is no connection between Kouga and this "new generation" also Zaruba is not going to say anything????....
It's been established pretty thoroughly and very early on that this is quite a long time past Kouga and Kaoru and that Kaoru was not Ryuuga's mother.
Kurow wrote:That ritual was risky as hell and both women end up giving birth to madou plants @.@
Which happen to be used in the production of soul metal.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Kurow wrote:I'm the only one that think this is poor writing? Burai knew that Sonshi was a makai knight all the time and probably knew about tousei and he never said anything???? What???? I really don't understand!!!.
That's been a bother the whole season. Burai actually have known everything about Zedom, the ritual, the madou plants, but he didn't tell it until episode 14 or something like that. So deus ex machina.

XerBlade, Burai didn't see Sonshi a couple episodes ago, he saw it in episode 9, and after that in episode 16.
CuervaLocura
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: DekaRanger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sigurd

Post by CuervaLocura »

Yup, that's the picturebook Kaoru drew about the search for the holy beast she did with Leo. Must have been quite the hit.

Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

According to legends Madou Horrors were created from Inga Horrors, not humans. Zarubra and Burai were probably confused that the Madou Horrors they found in this city are originally humans. In ep16 he said to Zarubra "I think I finally understands", they figured it out, and proceed to tell the team.

In ep 9 Burai only met Sonshi in his horror form, not human form, he wouldn't recognize him.

Need to bear in mind that although this past few episodes of revelations (16-20) spanned over a month for us, in-series it probably happened within one or two days. There isn't really time for them to talk things over

- They barged into Kaneshiro Kenshui's mansion, Burai recognized Sonshi in human form, they learned that Tousei is the big bad
- Burai stayed behind with Kaneshiro Kenshui in the mansion while the four went to get Tousei
- Tousei and Sonshi went for Kaneshiro Kenshui and beat the crap out of Burai
- The four went after Tousei while Burai is still unconscious
- Ryuuga and Rian ended up captured while the rest escaped back to base
- Ryuuga escaped from prison and the three knights went for the Garo Ken
- Everyone is safely back at base and finally have time to sit down and talk things over
Kurow wrote:Also in a previous episode when the captured Enhou, Sonshi said something like "Her will is strong so its going to take some time for her to turn into a mahou horror" but Sonshi himself turn into a mahou horror in a couple of seconds???? is the will of a makai knight that weak???. it doesn't make any sense.
It's probably because they don't have time to show the slow transformation, they need to get it over with and move on with the story. But if you want to chalk up an in-series explanation then that maybe because they are standing right on top of Zedom's seal. Zedom's power is greater there so it makes the transformation to Horror faster?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Yaiba wrote: - Everyone is safely back at base and finally have time to sit down and talk things over
I think you're forgetting someone. You know the one that's dating someone only to get diamonds to make bullet from them. You know, the one that will become the Madou Horrors' Mother after Ryuuga's own mother. The same that's now shipped with the same Ryuuga and that things she said in the preview are sometime quotes from Ryuuga in the series.

By the way, I liked Aguri's tears and Takeru's reaction to it.

Now they just need to save Rian and to cut Tousei and his three right arms and everything will end well. I know, 3 right arms is a lot for a little guy like Tousei. It's somehow funny to think Tousei was one the Editor-in-chef, that Sonshi was once a Indiana-like UMA Hunter, Takeru a Sentai fan and Enhou an angry policewoman.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kurow wrote:So Ryuga's mother name is Hakana and she is not Kaoru and so far looks like there is no connection between Kouga and this "new generation" also Zaruba is not going to say anything????
The show has already established the fact that it is separate from the past series. What are you talking about Zaruba not saying anything. In the last episode that was the only time he had said a lot of things in an episode.
Kurow wrote:That ritual was risky as hell and both women end up giving birth to madou plants @.@

They already explained this in episode 16. Madou Plants are used to make Soul Metal. Without the Madou Plants there wouldn't be Makai Knights.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

Still wish they would have done something to show that Takeru was blind besides the damage around his eyes that left his eyes unscathed as the fact that they didn't do anything to show that he was blind also made it hard to realize till he outright said it that Hanaka was blind from waving away his blindness.

Overall it was a good episode but I also kinda wish the Ryuuga's blindness had lasted a little longer.

In retrospect Hanaka trying to restore the brilliance of Garo by making the madou horrors bleed gold when they're cut does explain why Ryuuga didn't get a burst of gold when he managed to cut Sonshi two episodes ago.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

In retrospect Hanaka trying to restore the brilliance of Garo by making the madou horrors bleed gold when they're cut does explain why Ryuuga didn't get a burst of gold when he managed to cut Sonshi two episodes ago.
Not true. His armor did shine a bit. That's why in episode 17 Tousei told Sonshi to back off; he wanted Garo to grow stronger. It probably would be confusing, unless the Madou Plant used on Sonshi was from Wakana instead of the other priest.
Last edited by Kamen_Rider_Shiki on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Yaiba wrote:According to legends Madou Horrors were created from Inga Horrors, not humans. Zarubra and Burai were probably confused that the Madou Horrors they found in this city are originally humans. In ep16 he said to Zarubra "I think I finally understands", they figured it out, and proceed to tell the team.
Where is that from? In the second episode, they had already established that madou horrors are not inga horrors, they don't need a bad person to be a host.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

dekamaster wrote:Still wish they would have done something to show that Takeru was blind besides the damage around his eyes that left his eyes unscathed
Like I said last week, I'm very confident that the blindness was due to damage to the optic nerve, not physical wounds to the eyes themselves.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”