Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 21 released

MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 21 released

Post by MissTokuLover »

another great episode, they gave Enhou a really nice send-off, this ep shows that she was merely being manipulated & mind-controlled by Tousei but deep down her human soul still remained but was trapped somewhere inside. When Ryuga killed her, he finally freed her human soul from Tousei's evil clutches, hence she was smiling when she died. I really liked Enhou, even though I was sad when she got turned into a Madou horror, but I never really stopped liking her...I still hoped that one day Ryuga and the others would be able to turn her back into a human, although that didn't happen but at least she died as a human. And thanks to Rian's brilliant plan, not only were they able clear the Makai Knights' names and expose the truth about Rivera to the oblivious SG-1 minions, Enhou also died with dignity as a human. This ep also made me respect Rian more.

I also really liked that dream Rian had at the end of the ep, indeed it would be so idealistic for Volcity to be horror-free, it was so nice to see everyone including SG-1 soldiers having fun and hanging out with the Makai knights...they just have to eliminate Tousei and Sonshi now, and any remaining Inga horrors.
Dragonfan wrote: I am really curious about why they do their own stunts sometimes, but sometimes there are obviously stuntmen. I mean, if the scene is dangerous they'll probably use the stuntman, but sometimes I see scenes with stunts that are safer than others without them.
if all the stunts were left to the stuntmen, would the actors even be required to undergo stunt training in the first place? The reason the actors were still being trained is because they can still do at least some of their own stunts...it's mainly the most difficult & dangerous stunts that are left to the professional stuntmen to do, but the actors usually still do some of the less dangerous stunts, since they still have the capabilities to do so. It's the same case with many other tokusatsu shows too like Super Sentai & Kamen Rider, except the actors do more of their own stunts in Garo.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

MissTokuLover wrote:
Dragonfan wrote: I am really curious about why they do their own stunts sometimes, but sometimes there are obviously stuntmen. I mean, if the scene is dangerous they'll probably use the stuntman, but sometimes I see scenes with stunts that are safer than others without them.
if all the stunts were left to the stuntmen, would the actors even be required to undergo stunt training in the first place? The reason the actors were still being trained is because they can still do at least some of their own stunts...it's mainly the most difficult & dangerous stunts that are left to the professional stuntmen to do, but the actors usually still do some of the less dangerous stunts, since they still have the capabilities to do so. It's the same case with many other tokusatsu shows too like Super Sentai & Kamen Rider, except the actors do more of their own stunts in Garo.
And I would understand it that way. What I am curious about is the fact that I've seen scenes when they use stunts and it's like "Why did they use stunts in that scene? I have seen the real actors doing more difficult/dangerous things".
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

It might look less dangerous to you, but perhaps it requires a certain skill the main actor does not have, or the potential for injury is quite a bit greater than you'd suppose.

Imagine that you're an actor and you do many of your own stunts. Jumping from high, fighting with swords, parkour, stuff like that. But now there's a complicated stunt, or something out of your comfort zone, or the schedule is tight and you're needed on another set right now. These are all perfectly valid reasons to swap out for a stuntie.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

dancercotillion wrote:It might look less dangerous to you, but perhaps it requires a certain skill the main actor does not have, or the potential for injury is quite a bit greater than you'd suppose.

Imagine that you're an actor and you do many of your own stunts. Jumping from high, fighting with swords, parkour, stuff like that. But now there's a complicated stunt, or something out of your comfort zone, or the schedule is tight and you're needed on another set right now. These are all perfectly valid reasons to swap out for a stuntie.
Yeah, but it's not about "look dangerous", it is. For example, we have seen Fujita Rei doing a lot of crazy stunts, like the one hitting the wall at the end of Garo season 1, walking through a wall and jumping back, etc...

However, in the Sigma vs Rei, Leo and Baron, we can see a stunt doing his scenes for things that I think I can do myself, and I`m not precisely sport :lol: .

Maybe it's something about schedule, or lessions or whatever, but it happens a bunch of times through the show.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”