Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 21 released

Post by Alessar »

OOOKaiser wrote: the company that did this season's CGI did the past two seasons CGI. It's just that they decided to do the whole season in CGI so that's why you're not used to it.
No, actually it's a different company this season than the first two seasons and the Beast of the White Night movie. The effects used to be created by Omnibus Japan.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I thought this episode was cool. Nice redemption and send-off for Enhou although I still don't understand how she became a puppet when she got turned into a Horror. But then, Sonshi was basically a puppet too when he became a Horror so at least there is consistency there. Kinda wished Enhou got to say a line to Rian before she died but the way they did it was effective too. Wow, I thought when Ryuuga transformed into the Garo armor the CGI looked very realistic and I almost thought it was an actual armor instead of CGI. Good job there although the special effects feel lacking in other areas at times.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

Found it funny that Enhou and Rivera went threw the trouble of dressing Rian only for Enhou to just walk over to her and in one swoop rip Rian's clothes off rather than just dressed her in the red clothes straight from the beginning.

I found it odd that, Enhou had, not one but two grenades on her, I mean despite how much Sg1 looks like a military they are still just police officers and anything that explodes like those grenades did, aren't really nessecary for police work but then again I guess this is the same city that allowed for knuckles that can blow up a concrete wall.

Overall the episode was good, loved the part where Rian disguised herself as Enhou, but when it showed her just dressed up as her, I kinda made a face thinking that it was over doing it for her to just dress up and have nobody notice she's a completely different person than Enhou until she actually used magic.

Also this episode surprised me, I mean if you remember like two episode ago I posted that It'd probably be hard for Aguri to fix his bow since Sonshi flat out snapped it in half then Aguri went and just fixed it like it wasn't broken which was a bit disappointing.

Though i'm cool with Takeru getting a prosthetic hand, can't have a Makai knight running around fighting with one hand after all.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

dekamaster wrote:Also this episode surprised me, I mean if you remember like two episode ago I posted that It'd probably be hard for Aguri to fix his bow since Sonshi flat out snapped it in half then Aguri went and just fixed it like it wasn't broken which was a bit disappointing.
I thought he was just holding the two pieces together so he could shoot some arrows.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

I think the way Enhou ends isn't bad conceptually, but I feel the scenes were somehow rushed from one to another. I don't know how to say it better ... cropped, like a patchwork?

I don't mind the CGI usage if that means that we can see a lot of "out of suit" fighting. Compared to last seasons, we have a lot of nice hand to hand and weapon combat in human form. Sometimes I wonder whether the actor of Ryuuga had done the acrobatic moves himself or just superb stuntman and camera angle.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

kuroblack wrote:Sometimes I wonder whether the actor of Ryuuga had done the acrobatic moves himself or just superb stuntman and camera angle.
They do their own stunts.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Alessar wrote:No, actually it's a different company this season than the first two seasons and the Beast of the White Night movie. The effects used to be created by Omnibus Japan.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I'd "Like" or "+1" the above post if the forum had such a feature.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

R.I.P., Enhou.

I'll eat some maple French toast in your honor.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Point of interest, I tried the maple french toast ice cream sandwich out of curiosity. Not nearly as good as the CM would have me believe. Rather like this show actually XD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I think this show has been pretty consistently good recently.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's definitely been better than it was but I still don't know if I can forgive them for that Hyena episode. I haven't raged against something so hard in a while.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but you're crazy!
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

OOOKaiser wrote:(image)
Hm, so they changed the Omnibus logo. People were talking about it not being Omnibus anymore and I don't recall that detail being raised.

Still for me the most significant thing about this episode is how dorky the guys look in that street clothes picture on the main page. Just, no, I don't need to see derpface Aguri and Ryuga with Blown Out Hair and Matching Ascott.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Alessar wrote:
OOOKaiser wrote:[ Image ]
Hm, so they changed the Omnibus logo. People were talking about it not being Omnibus anymore and I don't recall that detail being raised.
Well I read somewhere on the chinese forums that the CGI is bad because they were filming the whole season last year alongside with Garo Soukoku no Maryuui and Tougen no Fue.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

OOOKaiser wrote:
kuroblack wrote:Sometimes I wonder whether the actor of Ryuuga had done the acrobatic moves himself or just superb stuntman and camera angle.
I am really curious about why they do their own stunts sometimes, but sometimes there are obviously stuntmen. I mean, if the scene is dangerous they'll probably use the stuntman, but sometimes I see scenes with stunts that are safer than others without them.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”