Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kurow wrote:I really don't understand! Why they insist to fight in human form?.... I was expecting an episode with a lot of cool animations at same level of episode 9 or even better but we get another lame fight :(...

The 3 fights against the madou horrors leaders were so bad. The best one was Rivera. I suppose they are running out of resources and they are saving the special effects for the last episode and the last fight.

It's pretty disappointing also that there is no connection between this new generation and the last one. Looks like this story is several years after Kouga's story.

Spoiler
At least on the last movie with saw how Garo's armor turned black

And I don't understand what your problem is with this season. It's entirely different from the past two. Not all fights have to be in their armor. Some of the best fights I've seen from Garo was non-suit fights. And it was already established that the story takes place in the future where Kouga and friends are probably dead. And I don't think they had a movie where Garo's armor turned back.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Kurow wrote:I really don't understand! Why they insist to fight in human form?.... I was expecting an episode with a lot of cool animations at same level of episode 9 or even better but we get another lame fight :(...

The 3 fights against the madou horrors leaders were so bad. The best one was Rivera. I suppose they are running out of resources and they are saving the special effects for the last episode and the last fight.

It's pretty disappointing also that there is no connection between this new generation and the last one. Looks like this story is several years after Kouga's story.

Spoiler

And I don't understand what your problem is with this season. It's entirely different from the past two. Not all fights have to be in their armor. Some of the best fights I've seen from Garo was non-suit fights. And it was already established that the story takes place in the future where Kouga and friends are probably dead. And I don't think they had a movie where Garo's armor turned back.
I think the real question is "Why don't they just turn on armour mode the first chance they get, rather than wait until they are being beaten to within an inch of their lives before summoning their armour?" It's the same issue I have with the early Kamen Rider shows where the Riders plainly just refuse to use their form upgrades even when facing an obviously superior foe. If I were them, I would spam it every chance I got!

If you look at the majority of the fight scenes in Garo, they involve Ryuga engaging in a fairly lengthy (and well-choreographed) battle against a horror, usually getting beat up rather badly while at it, then finally summoning his armour, and proceeding to hack it to death within 1-3 seconds.

Yeah, I know. It would be extremely anti-climatic if he had just called his armour right at the very start, and I assume it's more expensive to create a CGI fight scene (which is why the Garo armour appears for like just a few seconds per episode, while the other 2 knights rarely ever summon theirs).

And in some battles, knights like Takeru didn't even bother to summon his armour, not even when the odds were clearly against him (like that battle against the horror who was strengthened by music in ep6).

I suppose you could justify it that since their armour has a 99.9 second limit (even though it is rarely ever enforced in the shows), the knights are taught to ration its use and draw on it only when strictly necessary. Maybe it's good training to fight a horror using your own skills, rather than being over-reliant on the armour. It's never explained how long it takes for the 99.9 second limit to reset before they can reuse their armour again either.

Don't get me wrong. I love the show. It has great action scenes. I just feel the implementation of the armour part is quite illogical and inconsistent.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Simple: you must build up your power bar before being able to execute your super combo. :wink:
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

abazigal wrote:I suppose you could justify it that since their armour has a 99.9 second limit (even though it is rarely ever enforced in the shows)
What do you its rarely enforced in the show? The first season it was enforced heavily while second season they just threw in the timer so we wouldn't forget about it. As for the third season, it might be enforced but they don't show it.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

OOOKaiser wrote:
abazigal wrote:I suppose you could justify it that since their armour has a 99.9 second limit (even though it is rarely ever enforced in the shows)
What do you its rarely enforced in the show? The first season it was enforced heavily while second season they just threw in the timer so we wouldn't forget about it. As for the third season, it might be enforced but they don't show it.
I mean new viewers wouldn't know the reference since it was never shown
Another fact that could be taken into consideration is that it's still armor, armor is heavy as shiet.
You can't just expect someone to stay in a heated battle like that forever without getting exausted
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

OOOKaiser wrote:
It just doesn't seem consistent. Sometimes, the characters are out of their armour in seconds (ep23). Other times, they are able to stay in their armour for a ridiculously long period of time (e.g.: ep9 and ep18 when the knights go toe to toe against the madou horrors).

And then in red requiem, it involves Kouga essentially being unable to summon his armour until the very last part of the show. I never really liked having the deliberately cripple the characters like this.
Last edited by Lunagel on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for soukoku no maryuu spoilers
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

OOOKaiser wrote:

Spoiler

What abazigal said... that's all.. and no you don't need to build meter in Garo. The armor is actually like X-Factor. You use it and for certain amount of time you can bodied everyone...

About the armor getting dark...

Spoiler
watch the movie that completes the makai senshi ending...
Final Vent!

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”