Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 4462
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:44 am

Isn't it taboo to kill a human with a soul metal blade or some shit? Then again, Zaruba probably knows best.

Ultimate Horror not being a women was a nice change. I wonder if Tousei has another plan? It'd be a shame to have him burn out now.

MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:41 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector
Location: R'lyeh, Malaysia

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by MadCow » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:09 am

Epic fight between Ryuuga and Sonshi. He's really grown since ep1.

The scene with his mother was sad but also perfectly well-executed, loved the sad theme that was playing all the way through it. I was very worried Takeru was gonna spoil it with another overreaction but luckily he just stayed put like the others.

Zedom's cube design is awesome, guess they picked up a lot from season 2. I personally liked the guy in square glasses, it's totally out of left field compared to CGI evil ladies. And as someone mentioned, he looked like an old war general -- kinda Meiji era general, which thematically kinda makes sense. And his attacks look genuinely deadly and fearsome, something that makes even the experienced knights think twice. Good CGI work there.

Though I am worried that the next episode is going to be a complete CGI fest... hoping it is not as bad as season 2.

Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Posts: 6612
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:45 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Buffy
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Chase
Favorite Actor?: Ming-Na Wen
Favorite Band: BoA
My boom: Apple Technology
Quote: Why don't I put a stake through her heart? You'd be surprised how many things that'll kill.
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by Saejima Kouga » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Catastrophe wrote:Isn't it taboo to kill a human with a soul metal blade or some shit? Then again, Zaruba probably knows best.
When someone is bathed with horror blood, that person is to be cut down even though they're still human.
Violence is the best answer.

dat20091
Go Go!
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:38 pm
Male: Yes
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by dat20091 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:18 pm

MadCow wrote: Though I am worried that the next episode is going to be a complete CGI fest... hoping it is not as bad as season 2.
I liked Makai Senki's big CGI battle, only thing I didn't like was the amount of bad CGI on the other Makai Knights that were super lame and corny since they all had the sameish armor that looked so terrible
Saejima Kouga wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Isn't it taboo to kill a human with a soul metal blade or some shit? Then again, Zaruba probably knows best.
When someone is bathed with horror blood, that person is to be cut down even though they're still human.
Honestly I don't think it's Taboo to kill a human at all, Soul metal is made from Madou horror plants and from a giant dude who is basically a horror
Also barago killed Taiga but his armor didn't like go bad
well he turned into Kiba the Dark Knight but that was not because he killed Taiga

User avatar
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:33 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:03 pm

The biggest thing I have with this episode is that I had watched the Mother's Day episode of "Ojamajo Doremi #(sharp)", which made me cry. And now poor Ryuuga had to kill his own mother, which made me sad and cry as well.

Also, because it was the previous episode, *because of Akibaranger*, I realized that Burai hoisted his death flag proudly as he went to Zedom's altar.

Also, WHY DO PEOPLE LEAVE KEYS IN THEIR CARS?! That just makes it feel strange, but I did like the car-riding sword-fight.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Revorse
Faiz
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 10:51 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by Revorse » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Saejima Kouga wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Isn't it taboo to kill a human with a soul metal blade or some shit? Then again, Zaruba probably knows best.
When someone is bathed with horror blood, that person is to be cut down even though they're still human.
That makes me wonder. Makai Knights are technically Humans, correct? They get bathed in blood all the time when they fight Horrors, why don't they have to be cut down?

Also besides the color being gone, is the black Garo armor completely different from the Golden one? Also is the full Gold one from Yami the same of the Golden armor from the other seasons. My eyes aren't really catching the difference.

User avatar
codename1706
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:02 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Rian
Favorite Actor?: Kato Keisuke
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by codename1706 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Yes, I agree with you. I feel disappointed when they used the old Kouga's armor. New design Garo is much cooler and better.
SpoilerShow
Image
SpoilerShow
Image

Image
I wonder why they don't use this design as they make an action figure. This armor's name is Golden Knight Garo Shou Ver. Maybe they are lazy or short of funds.

User avatar
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:14 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji
Location: California

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by chronoxiong » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Wow, what an awesome episode. You can tell they upped their budget on this episode with the car chase and awesome special effects. The car chase was very cool and the fight sequence was choreographed well too. The heroes have matured since their first encounter against Sonshi as they knew how to work together this time. And finally, we got to see a full armor suit. Such a relief after dealing with the CGI armor all season. And yeah, so the main villain is a guy in glasses this time. No more giant-sized naked women anymore. Lol...I'm okay with this as I actually like the spinning boxes.
Image

User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 8491
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by Lunagel » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:59 pm

I just want to know if SG-1's mom realized that they were going to trash her minivan when they took it out for a drive that evening.

User avatar
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:29 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by toni2212 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:27 am

I'm wondering if Ryuuga's Dark Garo and Golden Garo is different form? since when the armor turned to gold back, I noticed some parts (like the belt) is not there. and some parts turned thinner (like the leg parts)

You can never get bored of a car chase fight, but the camerawork this time sure makes things different. Sakamoto's wire-fu could take a note too.

Dammit Hakana, your parting scene reminds me of Naruto's mom parting scene.

What is naked woman everybody is talking about?

SpoilerShow
nobody noticed that Takeru is now a shield-and-sword Makai Knight now? I swear I saw it for a split second in the preview part
Image

User avatar
OOOKaiser
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:46 pm
omg are u a girl?: Yes

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by OOOKaiser » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:53 am

toni2212 wrote:I'm wondering if Ryuuga's Dark Garo and Golden Garo is different form? since when the armor turned to gold back, I noticed some parts (like the belt) is not there. and some parts turned thinner (like the leg parts)

You can never get bored of a car chase fight, but the camerawork this time sure makes things different. Sakamoto's wire-fu could take a note too.

Dammit Hakana, your parting scene reminds me of Naruto's mom parting scene.

What is naked woman everybody is talking about?

SpoilerShow
nobody noticed that Takeru is now a shield-and-sword Makai Knight now? I swear I saw it for a split second in the preview part
The corrupted Garo form and Gold Garo are different. When the armor starting to turn back to gold it reverted back to its original form since there's only ONE garo armor. And the naked woman that everyone is talking about is the bosses. In the first season the boss was a naked woman, in Garo Red Requiem the boss was a naked woman. For the preview, Takeru is using his soul metal arm to transform it into a shield.

User avatar
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:29 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by toni2212 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:02 am

Thanks. I've been under the impression the armor is different one from Kouga's since we never got any explanation of why it turned black. Heck I was starting to think it was a bootleg copy of Garo that manage to exist independently (this came when I watch Makai Senki's early episodes).

Someone pointed out earlier in Garo's forum here that there's never a Makai Knight that uses shield and sword together, so I was pretty excited to see Takeru being the first. :D
Image

User avatar
Kurow
Gabu
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:26 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion
Location: Panama
Contact:

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by Kurow » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:20 am

I really don't understand! Why they insist to fight in human form?.... I was expecting an episode with a lot of cool animations at same level of episode 9 or even better but we get another lame fight :(...

The 3 fights against the madou horrors leaders were so bad. The best one was Rivera. I suppose they are running out of resources and they are saving the special effects for the last episode and the last fight.

It's pretty disappointing also that there is no connection between this new generation and the last one. Looks like this story is several years after Kouga's story.

SpoilerShow
At least on the last movie with saw how Garo's armor turned black
Image
Final Vent!

User avatar
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:01 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter
Location: Neverland

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by kyoichikiller90 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:13 pm

If you play DmC Devil May Cry you will realize that Zedom look like Bob Barbas. It's kind a LOL but still cool though.

Or might be because previous Makai Knight ( not Kouga ) Let his Armor eat him by time passed 99.9 seconds and turned into Majuu GARO, thats why the armor become dark. Like Barago did in Kiba Gaiden, which he said he won while fought through time passed. Then that Makai Knight ( the one who used GARO after Kouga Maybe )surely dead and left his Armor tainted.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to double post if your post is the last one
Image

dat20091
Go Go!
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:38 pm
Male: Yes
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 23 released

Post by dat20091 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 pm

OOOKaiser wrote:
toni2212 wrote:I'm wondering if Ryuuga's Dark Garo and Golden Garo is different form? since when the armor turned to gold back, I noticed some parts (like the belt) is not there. and some parts turned thinner (like the leg parts)

You can never get bored of a car chase fight, but the camerawork this time sure makes things different. Sakamoto's wire-fu could take a note too.

Dammit Hakana, your parting scene reminds me of Naruto's mom parting scene.

What is naked woman everybody is talking about?

SpoilerShow
nobody noticed that Takeru is now a shield-and-sword Makai Knight now? I swear I saw it for a split second in the preview part
The corrupted Garo form and Gold Garo are different. When the armor starting to turn back to gold it reverted back to its original form since there's only ONE garo armor. And the naked woman that everyone is talking about is the bosses. In the first season the boss was a naked woman, in Garo Red Requiem the boss was a naked woman. For the preview, Takeru is using his soul metal arm to transform it into a shield.
Well in Makai Senki the big bad horror thing was a weird ass women (played by a guy) thing
not naked but still female, and with this it broke like the norm of just having women as the big bad horror thing final boss

Post Reply

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”