Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 24 released

Post by Victormaru »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:But, for example, remember the Sigma vs Jabi battle in Makai Senki. That wasn't physical, all with magic. Do you really think that Rian could to all that stuff?
She'll probably get One Hit KO if she fought in a battle like that.
LOL. I've always liked Rian but she's mad low-tier right now. Ryuga and Rian aren't nearly as badass as Kouga and Rekka were. Rian just needs more training. If she's going to return in another series, I hope she learns new spells and gets involved in more fight scenes.
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

I just finished watching this ep. I felt dissappointed. The lead up to this was better than the actual ending. :(

Zedom's cube's at least looked interesting. CGI wasn't very good, I lost what they were supposed to be doing half the time. Who flew into Zedom's cannon? How did he/she suddenly get there? Takeru standing sideways. Rocks and Aguri falling down and Aguri mysteriously teleporting right back where he was before he fell.

Speaking of Aguri, can we get an award for most flat and stupid character ever? He was so flat he didn't even get a proper epilogue like the rest.
"He went to the senate."
"Oh no wait, he came back to guard the ruins that have nothing within them any more since Zedom was defeated. He also still doesn't get that a bow is a ranged weapon."
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru

Post by Victormaru »

TNT wrote:Speaking of Aguri, can we get an award for most flat and stupid character ever? He was so flat he didn't even get a proper epilogue like the rest.
"He went to the senate."
"Oh no wait, he came back to guard the ruins that have nothing within them any more since Zedom was defeated. He also still doesn't get that a bow is a ranged weapon."
LOL. Ever since he realized how weak bow and arrows were, I guess he decided to just use his broken bow as a pair of close-ranged nunchuks now. Maybe we'll see him using a handful of arrows to stab his enemies with in the future too.
Garuda
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Garuda »

I just noticed that Aguri's bow did not change shape even in his human form... whereas other knights seems to have more plain form of weapons without their armours.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Victormaru wrote:
TNT wrote:Speaking of Aguri, can we get an award for most flat and stupid character ever? He was so flat he didn't even get a proper epilogue like the rest.
"He went to the senate."
LOL. Ever since he realized how weak bow and arrows were, I guess he decided to just use his broken bow as a pair of close-ranged nunchuks now. Maybe we'll see him using a handful of arrows to stab his enemies with in the future too.
I don't get why he's training dual wield. He can already fight in close combat with his bow. I just don't get it.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

So he could get better at it. Sure he can do it but Aguri wants to get better at it.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Victormaru »

Ever since Aguri realized that his arrows had no effect on Mado Horrors, he's been fighting close-ranged every time. And he gets his ass whooped constantly because of it, lol. Maybe this new nunchuk-like dual-wielding style will be superior.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Victormaru wrote:Ever since Aguri realized that his arrows had no effect on Mado Horrors, he's been fighting close-ranged every time. And he gets his ass whooped constantly because of it, lol. Maybe this new nunchuk-like dual-wielding style will be superior.
He didn't get his ass whooped when he was fighting Rivera in episode 18. He was holding his own against her but he got double teamed.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Aguri may not be focused on much like Ryuuga or act as broadly as Takeru, but he's still a pretty good character in the end. He starts off all snobbish and haughty, slowly realizing that he's the overall weakest of the three knights and just works tirelessly from then on to learn from the others.

I'd like to have an Aguri-centric movie or something, he's pretty cool.
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Victormaru wrote:Ever since Aguri realized that his arrows had no effect on Mado Horrors, he's been fighting close-ranged every time. And he gets his ass whooped constantly because of it, lol. Maybe this new nunchuk-like dual-wielding style will be superior.
He didn't get his ass whooped when he was fighting Rivera in episode 18. He was holding his own against her but he got double teamed.
That's because he found out that bows can attack from range, making it all the more awful how often he's the one to close the gap. <_< I wouldn't mind so much if the distance was constantly being closed by opponents forcing him to adapt a new fighting style.
NO! Bad Aguri, why would you want to be the one to close the gap with Sonshi after he's been juggling the melee experts.

dancercotillion wrote:Aguri may not be focused on much like Ryuuga or act as broadly as Takeru, but he's still a pretty good character in the end. He starts off all snobbish and haughty, slowly realizing that he's the overall weakest of the three knights and just works tirelessly from then on to learn from the others.

I'd like to have an Aguri-centric movie or something, he's pretty cool.
I didn't see any of that. He was snobbish, but this is dropped two episodes after introduction. He dissappears for episodes at a times and his "development" comes way later than that, after they get the Madou detector.

The bolded however. Despite my bashing of Aguri I just love his character type. Archer, loner, smart guy with ambitions and a rich family background. What's there not to potentially like. :(
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Victormaru »

TNT wrote:Despite my bashing of Aguri I just love his character type. Archer, loner, smart guy with ambitions and a rich family background. What's there not to potentially like. :(
I completely agree with you. That's why I love him. The dude is literally Uryu Ishida from Bleach. Just with a black jacket rather than white. They totally got the inspiration from this character. Same personality, weapons, technique, everything. Aguri resembles Uryu in many ways as if they were basically the same character.

Spoiler
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oh man, I thought he looked familiar!
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

Victormaru wrote:
TNT wrote:Despite my bashing of Aguri I just love his character type. Archer, loner, smart guy with ambitions and a rich family background. What's there not to potentially like. :(
I completely agree with you. That's why I love him. The dude is literally Uryu Ishida from Bleach. Just with a black jacket rather than white. They totally got the inspiration from this character. Same personality, weapons, technique, everything. Aguri resembles Uryu in many ways as if they were basically the same character.

Spoiler
Be careful where you step, my mind is blown and pieces may be on the floor. :shock: Why did I not see that. I'm also very fond of Ishida!
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Victormaru »

Think about it; in Bleach, Ichigo is the main character that's usually hard-headed and aggressive when it comes to confrontation. Uryu is there to tell him things like, "Don't do it, Ichigo! We have to think of a plan first!" and "You're an idiot. You should think about your actions first". Then you take Ryuga and Aguri for example. Ryuga is always brash and eager to attack his enemies where you have Aguri telling him, "You shouldn't do that, Ryuga. Let's think of a strategy" and "Ryuga isn't worthy of the title GARO. He's immature". Same exact thing, lol.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Now that I have had some time to sit back and reflect on the show, I realised just how inexperienced and immature the protagonists really were.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but they really made some boneheaded decisions throughout the show.

When you realise that Rian was going to erase everyone's memories, MIB style, that pretty much make irrelevant, all the effort she went to make Enhou look like she had been killed by a horror and die a honourable death. Because at the end of the day, nobody remembers how she died, or whether the knights were heroes or villains.

And if they didn't need to go out of their way to set up such a scene, Ryuga should have just killed Enhou in Ep16.

Why? This becomes apparent in Ep18, when the knights confront Tousei and his Madou Horrors. Their past experience and a bit of common sense should have told them that such a move would be suicidal. Takeru and Aguri are hopeless against Madou Horrors, and Ryuga is only good against one horror at a time (because the pain from absorbing the golden essence incapacitates him). And it shows because the battle was completed one-sided and an utter disaster.

So what they should have done is kill Enhou in Ep16, ambush Rivera in Ep17, then focus-fire on Sonshi in Ep18. That would probably have gone a lot more smoothly.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”