Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 24 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_24

Best part of the episode was Tousei getting his comeuppance. I'm glad they remembered that Inga Horrors seek out evil/weak minded people.

There were a few good scenes during the long fight scene against Zedom. But for the most part, typical CGI nonsense that I couldn't really get into. Long CGI fights just aren't exciting. Also, bad CGI fire is bad. I'm sorry.

The turned over landscape could have been an interesting idea, but they seemed to forget about Aguri falling on his back as he shot his arrow or Takeru obeying the laws of gravity when he broke out Garo's armor. Takeru is just standing sideways for several seconds as he shouts

So some things about the epilogue. What was that thing that Takeru used to button his coat? Was that significant?

And Aguri. He's duel wielding now, in charge of guarding Volcity, and is that a dreamcatcher at the Goddess Statue?

A decent series, but overall I wish it made more of its potential. To make an unfair comparison, it just really doesn't feel like they do anything to endear the main characters to the audience the way they do with the original series. It's hard to rattle the thought out of my head, but there's just some unquantifiable heart missing from this series. Maybe this was just a foregone conclusion when you have the Garo B team making a spin off series that doesn't have any connection with the characters that we know and love. I really wanted to love this series, and it had a lot of promise and good moments, but all I can really say was that it was okay.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 24 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

There's a fight between three Makai Knights vs. Zedom. What a long fight. Well... that Garo, Guy and Zen are all golden to defeat Zedom.

Tousei is at steakhouse again? But how could Rian come back (for Ryuuga) after she shoots Tousei (inga horror)?
takenoko wrote:But for the most part, typical CGI nonsense that I couldn't really get into. Long CGI fights just aren't exciting. Also, bad CGI fire is bad. I'm sorry.
I agree. These CGI aren't reality at all.

I can say this... for me, that the plot of the overall series is a little bit disappointed... even Madou Ring Zaruba doesn't speak too much. And for the reality, why is Garo who lost his brilliance was not shown in reality and why only in CGI? I only saw was the restored one.

I literally like this series but as soon as I like most is the original Garo Series (up to Soukoku no Maryuu).
Spoiler
A special episode?

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Speaking of revenge plots where the target is snatched away, why does Rian get to kill Tousei? I think Ryuuga losing his mom for 15+ years is worth more than him taking Enhou.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

This wasn't as satisfying a series compared to the earlier 2 series. I think there's a lack of emotional investment in the characters, as what take mentioned. There was a lot of potential in the series, but somehow, it feels like things just didn't play out that well.
takenoko wrote:And Aguri. He's duel wielding now, in charge of guarding Volcity, and is that a dreamcatcher at the Goddess Statue?
That's Hakana's grave. The one that Ryuuga made in an earlier episode. As for Aguri's dual-wielding, it's kinda cool actually. It's good to diversify his fighting style. It actually makes a lot of sense. Since arrows are kinda for long distance attacks, his 'nunchuks' blade thingum would be a good close range weapon. Now that Ryuuga and Takeru are gone, he'd have to fight the close range battles on his own.

So with the ending screen, "Volcity Chapter, the end"... Does that mean there's more adventures of Ryuuga to come...?

Spoiler
I'm really hoping that the "Beginning" episode explains what happened to Kouga and how Garo lost its brilliance in the first place.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I think the main problem of this season is the poor writing. I could have resisted the bad CGI and some bad acting if there was a good script supporting the show, but, although they had some really good ideas, they weren't done correctly.

Consecuently, even if I enjoyed a lot the most action packed episodes as Sonshi or War, the season as a whole is a mess for me.

I don't know if its the absence of Amemiya or what, but I see potential in this characters, so if they are going to continue with them, I hope that they work harder on the script.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I enjoy this spinoff for the most part. Sure the lack of old characters may have hurt it a bit but at the same time, I applaud for going this route. You get a situation where the old characters will overshadow the new ones and that will kill any attempt you try to do with new stuff. I think the thing Takaru uses to button up his coat might be a gift from Rui but I don't know for sure. I actually like the final battle CGI. It was better than the mass Makai Knight army from the end of season 2.

Rian gets the revenge since she lost two people she cared about to Tousei compared to Ryuuga's one. It's a numbers game and also let the priestess get a kill because she should deserve to get to kill things from time to time.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

I thought it was fitting for Tousei to get turned into a horror, considering that he has been escaping persecution by the Makai Knights precisely because he was human.

Though when you think about this, this whole mess was actually caused by the Makai priests themselves. They wanted to restore Garo's golden shine, and a nasty turn of events handed Tousei his trump cards, which he then used to create Vol City and terrorise the people.

My only grips, is ironically enough, Garo's restored armour. I actually preferred the tainted, more organic feel. Also his armour doesn't seem more powerful.

Hope we will see a movie spinoff in the near future.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

The overall series was enjoyable

Tousei dying was kinda weak
Since the last two seasons had a big suitless fighting for it's ending with like the Villan of the series, yet Tousei just got murdered
he got what he deserves but it was weak in some sense

The CG was fine, I liked how they did it that the brillance went to Aguri and Takeru too.
The lack of gravity is kinda weird, seemed like they rushed it
With Aguri just standing after shooting the arrow and that scene with Takeru
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

And I thought I was the only one who was disappointed on how Tousei died. :lol:

About the ending part, Ryuuga has not even one bit of an idea that Rian giving him the signs. Anyways, I'm contented with the series in general and worth suggesting to others.
LightningZERO
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by LightningZERO »

Love this episode. I thought the CG are well done and the battle is really nice. We have an epic out of suit action last episode so I thought it is fitting that we have one CG battle to end the series. I find it ironic that both out of suit and CG battles have their fans and both complain about the lack of (or the focus of) it in this and the last episode :D

Tousei getting his just dessert. Nice. Hilarious way to go too. Way fitting for him.

Looks like Ryuga's journey is just beginning. Can't wait for the announcement for the sequel series or movie soon.

Overall, Season 3 is perhaps my favorite Garo and I find it superior to Kouga's saga, but still with its own flaws. I find that Season 3 is more for my taste compared to 1 and 2. When I first watched Season 1 years back, I feel "OMG" and it was new and fresh, all sort of crazy ideas. But I think the character works sorta sucked and that the story progress was random. Still, it was enjoyable and the actions were totally awesome.

Season 3 definitely is my cup of tea. More story progression where we get to see some threads linking most of the episodes together. The characters felt more real to me and they actually interacted with each other and grew together. Sure there were conflict, but I thought it was really nice that the development came from understanding each other and talking with each other. The major grip I had with Garo Season 1 was Kouga and Rei's forced conflicts. All of those could have been avoided if Rei, you know, asked Kouga about it and Kouga not being such an ass....

I really enjoy seeing Ryuga growing and turning into a man well worth the title of Golden Knight. I also love his sunshine smile :mrgreen:

In contrast, the lack of budget due to sharing it (and probably having the least, if I might add) with other two movies hurt this series in term of actions. Some out of suit actions were rather weak and too much of short CG battle. This is very apparent in the Inga Horror. At least they sorta make some reason like "These Inga Horrors are Mado Horrors' slaves so they don't transform!!!". I hope in the next series, we will get more variation of the Horror designs again.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Tousei's death was so bs. They should have let Ryuga transform into Garo (live action suit not CGI suit) and cut down Tousei right there. Tousei should have suffered more. The battle with Zedom was okay. Felt a bit rushed though. Can't wait for Yami wo Terasu Mono sequel or movie. I did like how they used the first opening for the last episode though.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

What?? Tousei just offed liked some random commoner? That's not cool. A whole herd of Horrors seems to go inside him, that shoulda down something.
The fight with Zedom was pretty cool. I was looking forward to see what the "power-up" would be for the last fight. I guess this time it's the sharing of the Golden Brilliance which was actually pretty cool.

I didn't dislike this series. It was a pretty nice show. I know it's not fair to compare it to the other Garo but I do like the other series better. That being said I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of Ryuuga and friends adventures specifically of Aguri. He seemed to get no real development or action scenes.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I had a lot of thoughts as I watched this.

Takeru suddenly remembers he bought a second spec for tanking!

Zedom used Hyper Beam! It's somewhat effective!

Aguri used Rain of Arrows! It's not very effective.

Ryuga used Share Gold Plating. It's super-effective!
etc.

Tousei I was really surprised at. Dramatic principles would have normally had him becoming Zedom's host. When the batch of Inga horrors were released by Zedom's breakout, I thought at first at least a "boss" level inga horror was after him, but no, it was just a trash-grade one. TRASH. That's why Rian stepped in and killed him with 3 bullets. Also, did you realize Tousei, like Gremlin, maintained his intact psyche after being forcibly possessed (fused with) by that trash-grade horror? That wasn't just a horror copping an impersonation, Tousei actually was dominant but powerless. It's an interesting swerve and a serious comeuppance considering that he may have just been destroyed on a spiritual level (i.e., total obliteration) since when the inga was cut from the horror there wasn't even a trace of light going up.

I agree with what Takenoko said. The series had potential but lacked heart. It was just written with a cliched sequelitis shallowness. They spent far too much energy being clever and laying the tracks of the Sonshi/Tousei reveal (with people talking to his disembodied floating eyes in earlier episodes and so on) and not enough making us give a damn about the characters. Really, I only like Rian and what can I say? She's plucky. I don't even like Rekka that much compared to the rest of the classic cast of Garo characters, but I care a lot more about her from 2 movies and some guest appearances in Makai Senki than most of the Yami characters. I would really like to see a toku show that has a great solid story and uses the effects to bring us into a great fantasy world. The Togen movie and KR Wizard are both really good tries along those lines IMHO. Garo series could really just do more. Look at series 1, we were drawn in right away with Kaoru's plight. Even though there were monsters of the week to fight she, as an audience surrogate, kept being drawn in to Koga's world. Obviously they can't just repeat that scenario but they could just jump in with a character with some real dimensions and dig in.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

We Ryukendo now.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

At moment when all the three Makai Knights became "golden", I had a sudden thought

... Ougon Sentai Garo ... :wink:

Overall I like this series, not as much as the original one. Also somehow it feel shorter, even with the same 25 episodes.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”