Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It's Showtime

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 25 released

Post by mistah_ginger »

My question is will they continue that garo story since it said it was the end of the VOLCITY chapter
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's just what they do at the end of each Garo story. It's no indicator of anything else.
Flying-gg
Adventure
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Flying-gg »

I agree with Takenoko, this episode would have had more impact if it was aired before the final one. It doesn't feel so great that way though we learn so stuff. The actress playing young Rina was cute (note in a perverted way !) and was playing decently for a child. I'm still not too fond of Burai, but I'm not too fond of the cast as a whole, with the exception of Ryuuga and Tousen who grew on me for different reasons. Now that everything is over, I just hope we'll see more about them : there are some potential in this new generation if they can act good enough (Takeru stop yelling like my neigboor's twins, please !).
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I liked the eps, especially the part where Rian is talking with Ryuuga before actually meeting him. Those two are really tied by fate.

For the part where Burai told Rian about her father and not Ryuuga about his father, I think it was because he known Hakara since childhood, and there was no indication that he known Rian's father, and her loss hit him really hard. Also, it seem that he wouldn't want to take the risk that Ryuuga would give up becoming Garo because of his mother's death. I think in eps 20 where he thanks Burai for everything show that.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

takenoko wrote:That song again? This song hasn't been used before, as far as I know.
I think he's talking about the Zedom one. "Ahhhhh..." and so forth. The ending song, on the other hand, hasn't been used before to the best of my knowledge and was absolute badass!

I did like the episode. I like that it put some focus on Burai and I'm really happy that it wasn't just a clip show like I'd been fearing. It also sort of helps sow the seeds for Rian's future attraction to Ryuuga.

Overall I think I did find this series of Garo a little harder to get into, but I'm still going to miss it. :(
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

Dragonfan wrote:- Burai doesn't tell Ryuuga the "truth" about his mother, but he does it with Rian and his deceased father. What?
- Burai and Hakana were friends since they were children? They didn't have a close relation in the series, I think he didn't say goodbye to her as he did with the other characters.
well Hakana is his childhood friend, so it's hard to basically tell your god child that their mom died, while Rian was pretty much a stanger so who gives a fk.
And they said that Burai and Hakana was childhood friends since the flashback episode at the seal ritual.

Oh yea in the CM
Shinkenred is there having the red beer ;)
Garuda
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Garuda »

so-so episode, but i agree that KoRian actress is quite good.

by the way, does Rian's hair clip seem to be changing sizes?? some kind of Makai Hair Clip :D
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

Interesting to know that a priest like Burai could suffer the survivor guilt syndrome, some kind of Makai PTSD huh? I wonder whether there are any Makai shrink. How a therapy would look like or they'll just use a simple mind-wipe spell?

Also, Rian might have some kind of OCD too. The wound in her arm could be self-inflicted. She tends to scratch her arm when she is stressed. I think I saw that a few times in another episodes.

I really like the way they've hidden subtle information in this series, lots of bread crumbs of story details were thrown in. I'm going to re-watch the whole series again just to see if I've missed something or found another interpretations.

And yes, I just remember that
Spoiler
Barago was Kaoru's personal psychiatrist.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

They could've at least thrown in one fight scene in the episode. Not that it needed it but c'mon, it's GARO; every episode has to have a sick fight scene, lol. I was waiting to see a fight scene between Burai and Ouma. Or maybe Burai sparring with Rian. Heck, they could've shown Rian raping the other Makai Priests over at Kantan since she was supposedly the best and strongest student there. Some kind of action. Whatever, it was still a nice little backstory episode for Burai.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I did enjoy this episode, but I feel it could have been done better as a flashback during the series.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

I'm just wondering what sort of crazy battle happened that made the armor lose its shine. Nothing that happened in Season 1 or 2 had any effect on it. Kouga faced some super-powerful foes and fought an army of Horrors in at least one episode that I can remember.
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

Leonsagara wrote:I'm just wondering what sort of crazy battle happened that made the armor lose its shine. Nothing that happened in Season 1 or 2 had any effect on it. Kouga faced some super-powerful foes and fought an army of Horrors in at least one episode that I can remember.
This makes me wonder if we might see a spinoff prequel depicting such a battle. Though that might mean introducing yet another Garo (unless they bring back Kouga).
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

You guys think Kouga was the last person to have the title of GARO before Ryuga had gotten it? They never mentioned what the time difference was between the series and / or what year Yami took place in.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I think this content would have worked better if integrated into the main story of the series. As its own extra episode, it's kind of dull.
Victormaru wrote:You guys think Kouga was the last person to have the title of GARO before Ryuga had gotten it? They never mentioned what the time difference was between the series and / or what year Yami took place in.
I'm almost wondering if this series is even in continuity with the older GAROs. If it is, it would seem to be a long time later (like multiple generations).
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't need to double post 3 minutes later, edit your previous post instead,
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

You do realize it is taken place in the future they just decided to move away from the Kouga and friends story line and use a new cast.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”