Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero Black Blood 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Zero_01

Finally, a story about Zero. As expected from Garo, the visuals were beautiful and we got a decent look at Zero's suit. Very nice.

I thought a couple scenes were directed badly though. Like the focus on Rei as he talks about fighting alone and the dramatic music (Hey isn't that Garo's theme) playing was a bit corny.

Of course I love the references to past shows, like seeing Rei's bike again and Rei eating sweets constantly

Man, Shougo from Sailor Moon sure has grown up. It's weird seeing Riria in two shows at the same time. That lady in the bar is probably the voice actress for Silva. Almost 100% sure of this.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Zero Black Blood 01 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Sure is... it is good to see TOQ 3 again... nice actions, good!

Nice song from Iyu (or probably You) though.
takenoko wrote:That lady in the bar is probably the voice actress for Silva. Almost 100% sure of this.
Yup... it's like we saw her on Kyou 40.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hope you guys like background women from Gouraigan. Hiraguri Satomi and Yoshida Miori were in Gouraigan too. (And one of them was in Yami wo Terasu Mono)
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

takenoko wrote:Hope you guys like background women from Gouraigan. Hiraguri Satomi and Yoshida Miori were in Gouraigan too. (And one of them was in Yami wo Terasu Mono)
I saw it on Yami wo Terasu Mono too. From what episode did they appear on Gouraigan?

Edit: I see it on wiki.

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

It’s so nice to see Rei again and be back in the original Garo universe. Do we have confirmation on when this is set? Rei’s entire speech about only working with Silva and avoiding teams struck me as really inconsistent with everything we know to have happened in the original series, Makai Senkai, and the various movies. It would make more sense if this was supposed to be a prologue to the main series - hence the Garo theme playing during that speech as foreshadowing. Although, if it’s supposed to be a follow-up, I guess it was just an audio easter egg.

So that is Mio from ToQger? I thought I recognized the actress’ name in the credits, but I was going to write it off as a coincidence since both shows are airing at the same time and being a lead in Sentai/Rider is pretty much a full time commitment. I guess Black Blood has been sitting in the can for a while?

I cannot believe Kain was Shingo. PGSM still feels like it aired not that long ago, but he has definitely done some growing up.

I’ve got my eye on that bartender. The Priests/Watchdogs/Council people always seem to be as much trouble as the Horrors in Garo.

Ring seems like a slick villain. It looks like the “community” of Horrors and humans is more like a farm so that Horrors can harvest humans at their leisure instead of hunting them down. It’s easy to see why that would scare the Watchdogs do much - if Horrors aren’t out hunting humans, there’s less of a chance of them crossing paths with Knights, which means more Horrors that are stronger. (It’s also nice to see a western actor in toku who is allowed to speak intelligible Japanese.)

The lullaby was was creepy, which was good for setting the mood for the scene, but the way it was presented struck me as strange. Usually, we get Japanese subtitles when someone is speaking the Makai language, but from my (admittedly limited) grasp of hiragana, the subtitles in the episode matched what was being sung. EDIT: So, I guess it was untranslated Makai language? Bah.

Looks fun. Can’t wait to see how this unfolds.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Not a bad start to the series. So Yuna is able to wield a Makai Blade. I know women aren't allow to become Knights but Zero made it sound like that they can't wield Makai Blades period which sounds weird to me.

The bartender only has one arm. Interesting.

I completely forgotten that Rei has a sweet tooth.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Maybe there is a reason that happens? like there is something in a male's soul(or whatever the hell it is you need to wield a sword) that is usually not present in the female. i remember a sandman arc where 4 girls need to go to the realm of dreams and it is clearly stated that one of the girls could not go with them because she couldn't have a period because she...was a he (and then at the end of the arc we have death to confirm to us that she truly is a she depsite being born a he...yeah, Sandman is pretty much like that...).
anyway. if there has been something that has been bothering me since the first movie is why females can't be Makai Knights, and while at the time it felt like it was just the makai knight's society, now i am not so sure. and i find it interesting there may be a reason for why is that.

i loved Zero's line about his bike. also, you remember how the last three series had the ending with the love interest in it? and who appears in the first shot of th eenidng? sorry Silva, Zero's heart already belong to his bike!

also, my crazy theory with no basis whatsoever for this series: they are actually from the future and Yuna is not only a makai Knight, she is future Garo!
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

locuas wrote: also, my crazy theory with no basis whatsoever for this series: they are actually from the future and Yuna is not only a makai Knight, she is future Garo!
wrong, the future Garo is Kouga's son Saejima Raiga in "Garo: Makai No Hana", the official fourth season
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

PHurricane wrote:It’s so nice to see Rei again and be back in the original Garo universe. Do we have confirmation on when this is set? Rei’s entire speech about only working with Silva and avoiding teams struck me as really inconsistent with everything we know to have happened in the original series, Makai Senkai, and the various movies. It would make more sense if this was supposed to be a prologue to the main series - hence the Garo theme playing during that speech as foreshadowing. Although, if it’s supposed to be a follow-up, I guess it was just an audio easter egg.
Yeah that struck me as pretty odd. Zero's worked with a bunch of people and pretty well too.
Although like you said if it's a prequel it makes sense. But Silva's on his hand and not around his neck. so it'd have to be a least after the first season.

His Armor? was it different this time around? I don't remember it having any white accents in previous seasons.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Revorse wrote:
PHurricane wrote:It’s so nice to see Rei again and be back in the original Garo universe. Do we have confirmation on when this is set? Rei’s entire speech about only working with Silva and avoiding teams struck me as really inconsistent with everything we know to have happened in the original series, Makai Senkai, and the various movies. It would make more sense if this was supposed to be a prologue to the main series - hence the Garo theme playing during that speech as foreshadowing. Although, if it’s supposed to be a follow-up, I guess it was just an audio easter egg.
Yeah that struck me as pretty odd. Zero's worked with a bunch of people and pretty well too.
Although like you said if it's a prequel it makes sense. But Silva's on his hand and not around his neck. so it'd have to be a least after the first season.

His Armor? was it different this time around? I don't remember it having any white accents in previous seasons.
I'm pretty sure it is. In the past it was more silver and not as bulky. I think the swords have changed as well, both the suits and the regular ones.

I'm wondering if something happened to Zero between Season 2 and now. Like Kouga dying or one of the watchdogs betrayed the Maki Order again. I don't think he used to have an issue with them. Time will tell I guess.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I didn't compare them, but I definitely feel like the new Zero suit looks better. And hurray for it not being in complete CGI.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

sentaidragon wrote:
locuas wrote: also, my crazy theory with no basis whatsoever for this series: they are actually from the future and Yuna is not only a makai Knight, she is future Garo!
wrong, the future Garo is Kouga's son Saejima Raiga in "Garo: Makai No Hana", the official fourth season
And i guess he will not have children?
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

PHurricane wrote:So that is Mio from ToQger? I thought I recognized the actress’ name in the credits, but I was going to write it off as a coincidence since both shows are airing at the same time and being a lead in Sentai/Rider is pretty much a full time commitment. I guess Black Blood has been sitting in the can for a while?
It was definitely recorded before Christmas. Riria's audition for Toqger may well have been while Zero was in production.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Love Rei. Shame he gets his ass handed to him by some feathery horror.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

so they will use real suit instead of CGI? me likey

Return to “Zero -Black Blood-”