Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero Black Blood 05 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Zero_05

I liked the fight between Yuna and Rei. But man, Rei is giant compared to her.

I didn't realize Master had no right hand until now. Wait, doesn't Yuna's father have no right hand? What's with the reuse of concepts in Garo?

What? Repeating the running scene from episode 1? It's a good scene, but ???

LOL, now that Zero has the power of plot, he can just cut down 5 Horrors in 10 seconds.

Plotwise, why did Iyu agree to join with this weirdo guy? Even letting him kiss her? Is she brainwashed or something, because it seems like her memories and stuff are still intact. She doesn't even freak out about being blind. Seems like pretty bad writing to me.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Zero Black Blood 05 released

Post by PHurricane »

I guess I subconsciously noticed that Master was missing his right hand before this episode, but it was odd how they went out of their way to point out the disability after the flashback showing Yuna's father suffering a similar injury prior to his death. Even though he hasn't done anything wrong, I still don't really trust Master.

Do we really need to stare at the couple's legs during Satoshi's reunion with his girlfriend?

I never got the impression that Iyu was brainwashed. I was leaning more towards a theory that she became or was possessed by a Horror when Ring caught her after falling from the bridge. Particularly her lack of aging signaled to me that she was no longer entirely human after falling from the bridge. Also, wanting a peaceful coexistence with Horrors seems consistent with the emphasis on her not wanting Yuna to cry or be involved in fighting from before the bridge incident. Misguided, but consistent.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I noticed the Master was missing his right arm at the end of the first episode. Yuna really needed that beatdown by Rei.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I think I am the odd one in here since I realized missing right arm when Master was first shown in the start of 1st episode and than we saw the magical compass and I was thinking that master is probably an old makai knight or priest. actually it was pretty focused on when master walks in bar that he was missing his right arm (around 1.05 and around 14.10)
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

He has been doing things without using both of his hands, if there's any indication that he doesn't have a right hand. Let's hope they are not trying to say he's actually Takeru or something.

Why do I think that Ring seems to be regretting it when he heard about Iyu's wish? His face pretty much yells "Wait, I don't expect something like that!"
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Yeah. I don't like Master either. But I thought they made it obvious he didn't have an arm.

It kinda sucks that Yuna can't even get true revenge. Ring killed her pappy and he's busting slob with her mama and she can barely hold a blade. She's gonna have to rely on Rei and her dad's old partner.

So I've recently discovered "NI**A TURTLES" on Youtube and Rei's slap to Yuna at 9:00 just brings me back to that parody. I laughed although it wasn't inherently funny.
And are they ever going to explain why this goddamn song is magical?

Also just something I've noticed in Black Blood. Why does it seem like everyone is struggling to kill Horrors? I thought these ones were the basic kind. Basic the grunts of the Garo world.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I think the whole point with Master is that he is aware of the horrors, but doesn't actively do anything. I'm making the assumption that he was a knight or priest that retired after the incident in where he lost his arm, and that is why he doesn't fight. It just adds to the point for when he asks Rei what he is fighting for.
Kamen_Spider
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Quote: "Now, count up your sins!" ~ W

Post by Kamen_Spider »

Also just something I've noticed in Black Blood. Why does it seem like everyone is struggling to kill Horrors? I thought these ones were the basic kind. Basic the grunts of the Garo world.
Not Rei. In episode 2, he's basically testing the priests by holding back on the weak grunt. Seeing how well they can fend against a basic horror. Because as you said, they're grunts. And in the first season of Garo, he's killed at least a hundred of these grunts with Kouga. When they went all Dynasty Warriors on their s**t, in that episode where they rode their horses through hell to seal a gateway.

So when he cuts through the grunts with ease in episode 5, that's Zero no longer holding back in my opinion. There's no need. He's not being slowed down by two lesser Makai priests. And thus far, they seem to be the weakest this series has show cased. Even that puppeteer priest in Red Requiem could kill a grunt.

Still, I'm waiting for Yuna to make an attempt to summon the Armour. I feel like she's going to do something that reckless. And I want to see what happens. Does the armour devour her? Does it completely fail and her arm gets taken? Or can she just summon the arm piece? Like Kouga can sometimes summon a piece of his armour without the full set? From the moment they revealed Yuna could use soul metal and that her father's bones are in the right arm - these are the questions I've been asking. If she never tries to summon the armour, I think it will bug me. Cause I want to see what happens. Good or bad. Cause they can't suddenly have her wield soul metal and not do something that crazy! At least to me.
I think the whole point with Master is that he is aware of the horrors, but doesn't actively do anything. I'm making the assumption that he was a knight or priest that retired after the incident in where he lost his arm, and that is why he doesn't fight. It just adds to the point for when he asks Rei what he is fighting for.
I agree.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I like to use the term "larval" horror for those. They're the horrors who just crawled up out of the shin makai and haven't found a compatible human to posses and evolve into their more distinct form yet. And even these flunky grade ones running around in bad gothic lolita garb, they seem on a par with the clinic staff in the first season episode where Kouga fought Pazuzu at his clinic. Real low grade trash.

Honestly I didn't realize how bad Yuna actually was until this fight. She can jump but her moves are so rookie, and she yells with every move. Honestly Rekka could kick her ass barehanded.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, Rekka tried to be a Knight all her life. Yuna tried just 2 months ago, or something like that, maybe 1 or 2 years. So, compared to all the others, she's technically a rookie.

For Rei, maybe when just doing they're work, they somehow hold back, don't give it all, just in case something really bad happen. But when at the end of a painful work, they tend to want it to end as soon as possible, explaining the change of efficiency. I don't know if I explained it well, but it's like when we're said "keep the best of you for the final" or something like that.
silentstar01
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Sakuta Ryusei
Favorite Actor?: Matsuzaka Tori
Favorite Band: Arashi!!!
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Ryusei/Tomoko

Post by silentstar01 »

Off-topic:

Spoiler
I got sooooooooo excited when I saw Kouga on the main site for the Black Blood 05 release, then got sad when I realized that there wasn't a Kouga cameo. Dang it.

Anyways....

Methinks that there's more to Master than we realize? Another grey character, perhaps?
Visit my tumblr.....

http://akinosora01.tumblr.com/

Image "I will decide your fate!"

Return to “Zero -Black Blood-”