Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Zero -Black Blood-

Post by takenoko »

So what'd you think? I have to give it a 2. More disappointing, than anything else for me.
MaliceMasquerade
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Drive
Dreamy: Banjo Ryuga
Favorite Actor?: Yeon Woo Jin
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjamin
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Guardian (Chinese Drama)
Quote: "Life is an occasion, rise to it"

Re: Ratings Poll: Zero -Black Blood-

Post by MaliceMasquerade »

I'd probably give it a 2 also but since Rei is my favorite character, I'll bump it up a point! I was hoping for something more when I heard about Black Blood. Wasn't overly exciting, just ok, which disappointed me because I love Zero. I wanted to learn more about Rei and not about Yuna. She bothered me and Kain was just kinda there. Rei/Zero should've gotten a better spin-off. :|
Malice Masquerade
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I kinda don't like that plot about co-existance between humans and Horrors. And that Zero transformation scenes look similar to any Sentai transformation scenes.

This series' boring with much disappointments, more dialogues. Even though I like Zero's new armor.

I give a 2 for this. A little dope and a bunch of nopes.

xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

DaVinci030 wrote:I kinda don't like that plot about co-existance between humans and Horrors. And that Zero transformation scenes look similar to any Sentai transformation scenes.

This series' boring with much disappointments, more dialogues. Even though I like Zero's new armor.

I give a 2 for this. A little dope and a bunch of nopes.
I think the plot was kinda unique and interesting. The series was okay to me, and I liked it overall. Just a borderline like.

The music is just bad. The theme song is the most horrible out-of-tune song I ever heard. The song Iyu sings is okay but gets annoying after getting overused.

I gave it 3/5.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I felt it was about a three and a half, but I rounded up to four solely on Ray Fujita's awesomeness.

My overall feeling with Garo at this point is they need a firm editorial hand to make sure the message and plot isn't derailed by creator indulgence.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

I really love Rei as a Makai character : strong, cocky, but with some weaknesses from his background. I think he gets more interest in Makai Senki.

The idea of the world of happiness with Horrors and humans was quite good. However, making 6 episodes for a mini-series was just too much. Even the two support characters have no interest. Yuna could have some solid background, but it was net well exploited. This "world of happiness" could be good for just one episode, not all the six. It's a shame.

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I'm giving it a 3. The 6 episode spin off was okay. It wasn't anything special although I got confused by the timeline of this since in one of the episodes Rei said he always fought alone.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

This gets a 2 from me. Just because of Rei. The series was slow and boring I almost fell asleep through it. The finale was rather weak as well.

Disappointed with this.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was odd. Nice to see Rei, and the fights were pretty cool. The plot was rubbish through.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's a 2 for sure. For a series about Rei, it really doesn't make it about Rei. They made the focus on the one person who probably shouldn't be carrying the show at all and that was Riria aka Yuna. For someone who supposedly has been using a sword for two years, she didn't act like a person who has been. I also feel that she should have embraced her priestess side at the end of the series instead of what we got at the end.

I like Ring and the plot though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's the thing. If Rei had acted like himself in this, it might have been fun or interesting. Instead, he acts like Kouga. He's humorless, rarely witty, and sort of a minor character in his own spin off series.

Here's how contrasts work. If Rei is a smartass, pair him up with a Makai Priest who's serious (not an underage drunk). Riria was kind of serious, but she didn't really feel like an active agent, despite the story being mostly about her.

I've complained about this before, but it's a series with no stand-out protagonists. They just fumble their way through the story and eventually it ends. I'd judge the Yuna/Iyu story to be about as weighty as the new member of the cult and his girlfriend. And I'd have to say the cult guy and his girlfriend had a more interesting story, simply because they were active agents in their story. Girlfriend tried to find boyfriend. They tried to run away. Etc. etc.

The whole thing is rubbish. Definitely the worst that Garo has been. I'm changing my vote to a 1. There is no redeeming value in this series.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

I didn't know you can change vote. Drop mine to a 1 as well. I was being generous before by giving one extra point for Rei, but now that you reminded me, he really didn't do much. And since I gave Makai no Hana a 3, and I enjoyed that series, it wouldn't be fair to give this a 2.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'll give it a 2. At best it was mildly amusing, at worst it was forgettable. I don't honestly remember most of the plot for this so I can't complain. It was pretty bad, but the worst Garo in my book is still YwTM
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No way. Yami wo Terasu Mono, while not my favorite, was definitely more entertaining. Plus, I think it had the right idea by trying to take the Garo universe and making it its own. I wasn't a fan of all their decisions (Poor Enhou!) but I don't think enough credit is given to shows for trying bold decisions that might rub fans the wrong way. That said, it does lose points for falling apart into a story that's rehashed in Black Blood.

Yami wastes its potential and good will. Black Blood never had any to begin with. I think I laughed once at grown-up Shingo's beer antics? I guess that "oh shit, Master has one arm" was a moment. But no. Nothing in Black Blood was any good, at least to me. Maybe our difference in opinions lies in that I found Black Blood really annoying, while you found Yami to be really annoying?
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

Honestly, It is a good mini series for me to understand the character, Zero, from the original Garo series. I haven't watch the first three Garo series and this is an insight for me how Zero works in the Garo world. Ray Fujita portrays the character well and no wonder he is chosen by Amemiya san for the said role. It is a huge difference from his tokusatsu role as the Dragon Orphenoch in Kamen Rider 555. From a stoic and childish character in 555 to mature and dependable one in Zero -Black Blood-

I should say a good mini-series to bridge the gap in the story line of first three Garo series and Garo Makai no Hana

Return to “Zero -Black Blood-”