Garo Season 4! (and why I'm slightly disappointed)

MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Garo Season 4! (and why I'm slightly disappointed)

Post by MissTokuLover »

did he? Mmmm I guess I had forgot about that...

well, Raiga's armor did seem especially bright & shiny in the trailer, I wonder if it means the stronger the knight the brighter the gold armor shines? Since this season hasn't started yet, there's really no telling whether Raiga's actually the strongest Garo ever...the only kind of indication we can see so far that seems to suggest that is his armor shines exceptionally bright, probably brighter than even Kouga's, which makes the armor seem like it's made of pure gold. So I'm guessing the stronger the knight the brighter the gold shines.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

No you're right. I believe it was stated the brighter the armor the more the armor accepts you as worthy. It's why Ryuga in season 3 had to prove himself before Garo turned completely gold.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

speaking of Ryuga needed to prove himself to restore Garo's gold shine, the armor restoring to its original shine wasn't due to Ryuga's efforts alone though, his mum Hakana also helped him to restore Garo's original golden shine with her song after she became the mother to the Madou Horrors, though only briefly whenever he killed a Madou horror. But you're right, ultimately in the end, it was due to Ryuga's efforts and him proving himself that restored the armor back to its original golden brilliance 'permanently'.

It still wasn't explained why the Garo armor lost its gold shine to begin with though...since Maki no Hana will be set before Ryuga's time, I hope the writers will at least tie this new season with YwTM in some way...at least give us an idea about what happened. Although I have a feeling that might not happen...fans still have questions about the fate of the previous Garo wearer, Ryuga's direct predecessor, and why the Garo armor lost its golden shine. In the beginning it was widely thought that Ryuga's direct predecessor was Kouga, so everyone was wondering what had happened to him, but now we know he wasn't the last knight who inherited the Garo armor before Ryuga, so I'm starting to wonder whether Raiga is.
From the floating TV screens alone, it's obvious YwTM is set sometime far into the future, exactly how far into the future we don't know, there's just so many questions regarding this seemingly huge gap in the timeline between Makai Senki (and now Makai no Hana) and YwTM.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Yep hopefully this new season will shed light on some things. My brother and I are hopeful that the creator of this series is setting everything in the future to stay away from Kouga's timeline in attempt to leave things open for a true season 3 based on Kouga and Kaoru's life after Makai Senki. He's possibly leaving it open for when the original actors have time to come back for it. That's just our hope anyways.

The creator Keita Amemiya has really yet to let fans down so hopefully he has a plan to bring our beloved Kouga and Kaoru back to at least close out their remaining years or story.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

The official Garo Youtube page decided to share to us the opening for Garo Makai no Hana. And it is amazing~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZ73SDBH8c
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

OOOKaiser wrote:The official Garo Youtube page decided to share to us the opening for Garo Makai no Hana. And it is amazing~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZ73SDBH8c
Awesome! I like it. Thank you for this.

I was sold when the intro said "where there is light." Has a original Garo feel so I'm happy about that.

Raiga has some HUGE shoes to fill from Kouga. I hope he's up to it.

Man I feel like I'm losing a brother in Kouga. Like I said to my bro if I was to ever have a man crush it would be for Kouga lol.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

My god how epic is this opening.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

I really like the opening, it really does have a Garo feel to it...YwTM had a rather more western style theme, which made it a bit different to all the previous Garo productions, not just the almost completely change of casts (except Zaruba), but the more westernized style also made it feel different. Not that it's a bad thing, just that YwTM definitely felt different. But for Makai no Hana, they really seem to have reverted back to its roots, this feels like Garo again.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”