Garo Season 4! (and why I'm slightly disappointed)

Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Re: Garo Season 4! (and why I'm slightly disappointed)

Post by Zaruba »

takenoko wrote:http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_~Makai_no_Hana~

Wiki's been updated, thanks Davinci.

Am I the only one who sees Crow/Zero and Mayuri/Jabi parallels?

Has Gonza always had a family name? I love that guy though, glad to see him back. He's definitely the Alfred of this series.

Jiiru is written in katakana, but it's also a Japanese girl's name 来流. I'm not familiar with it, but the kanji (if it had kanji) appear to mean "coming flow".
Thanks for the update and info! They are definitely going for the comparison or feel of season one and two.

Glad to see Gonza is back, but it begs the question if he's still around where the hell is Kouga and Kaoru? Makes me really worried that something happened to them... Either that or they are trying to surprise the fans.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Zaruba wrote:
takenoko wrote:http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_~Makai_no_Hana~

Wiki's been updated, thanks Davinci.

Am I the only one who sees Crow/Zero and Mayuri/Jabi parallels?

Has Gonza always had a family name? I love that guy though, glad to see him back. He's definitely the Alfred of this series.

Jiiru is written in katakana, but it's also a Japanese girl's name 来流. I'm not familiar with it, but the kanji (if it had kanji) appear to mean "coming flow".
Thanks for the update and info! They are definitely going for the comparison or feel of season one and two.

Glad to see Gonza is back, but it begs the question if he's still around where the hell is Kouga and Kaoru? Makes me really worried that something happened to them... Either that or they are trying to surprise the fans.
Being Gonza not that old, we can even see another characters from the first two seasons.
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

Victormaru wrote:Personally I think Zaruba is the only real evidence that all the series are connected. Zaruba was still forged by Priest Amon. Plus in the second episode where Takeru says, "A Mado Ring? In this day and age?" also sort of confirms that Yami's story takes place in a more futuristic timeline where they obviously don't use Mado objects like in Seasons 1 and 2.
I would say the giant floating/flying tv screens was more proof of that.
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

Zaruba wrote:
yeah im curious to what happened to kouga and kaoru... kinda cliffhanger for me... i hope they tell it in the latest season to what happened to the both of them
HUH?!?
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

considering Raiga seems to be about in his early 20's now, it's been a long time since Makai Senki...maybe Kouga & Kaoru died (though I hope not)? even if they're still alive, they'll be nearing 50 by now or even older...we would only get to see them portrayed by older actors if they were to make an appearance in Makai no Hana. Though I hope to see some flashbacks of Kouga and Kaoru with their younger actors...either way, I do hope they at least make a reference to Raiga's parents in the series.
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

one thing about flashbacks is that some of the characters in it died, though im with you about not them dying and their characters are portrayed by older actors... still maybe gonza will fill us up about what happened to them when raiga met her woman just like his father :D

aaaand since it is(and i think it is) a prequel to the Yami o Terasu Mono maybe they will fill us up to what happened after it XD
HUH?!?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

MissTokuLover wrote:considering Raiga seems to be about in his early 20's now, it's been a long time since Makai Senki...maybe Kouga & Kaoru died (though I hope not)? even if they're still alive, they'll be nearing 50 by now or even older...we would only get to see them portrayed by older actors if they were to make an appearance in Makai no Hana. Though I hope to see some flashbacks of Kouga and Kaoru with their younger actors...either way, I do hope they at least make a reference to Raiga's parents in the series.
It's very unknown to me. I do not know if Konishi Ryousei (as Kouga) or Hajii Mika (as Kaoru) reprises their roles in the flashback.

MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

^if they show at least 1 flashback of Kouga and Kaoru when they were still young, then of course it would be played by the original actors (Konishi & Hiji Mika)...it would make no sense if they were to be played by different actors...unless they're playing an older version of Kouga and Kaoru.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Taiga looks young, they could perfectly say that he is 16 and I would buy it. My point is that they can show the Konishi and Hijii with make up, making them looking older. It's not that they have to be 90 years old.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

nah I doubt Raiga's THAT young, I'm guessing he's about in his early 20's or so, which would make Kouga and Kaoru in their 50's or so. I suppose they could just use some good aging makeup to make Konishi & Hiji Mika appear old, I actually prefer they return, instead of hiring some old actors to play their characters. But so far there has been no news about Konishi & Hiji Mika returning for Makai no Hana...so either it's too soon to make that announcement, or there won't be any flashbacks with them, or they're probably gonna hire some older actors to play the older versions of their characters. I do hope it's the former and that both Konishi and Mika would eventually appear in some scenes, or at least cameos...they're both from the same management agency too (Stardust), so it shouldn't be too hard to bring them both back.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I would like to see Kouga with beard, like Taiga:

Actually, Watanabe Hiroyuki was 41 in this role, and he totally kicked ass. Kouga and Raiga Father and son combi fight, please.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

oh yes a father & son combi fight would be so awesome! I would love to see Raiga fighting alongside his dad Kouga; even if it's only briefly...I do hope Kouga and Kaoru are not dead, I would be so devastated if they are!
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Yeah as much as I would love to see Kouga and Kaoru I would be disappointed if they used new actors for them. I mean they can't be that busy. I feel they had at least one more season together.

I also keep reading that Raiga is supposed to be the strongest makai knight yet. No way... Stronger than Kouga? This season needs to hurry up and get here to answer some questions.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

yeah it's implied that Raiga is suppose to be the strongest Garo ever because he has Kouga's strength and Kaoru's kindness. Did you watch the trailer? His Garo armor shined especially bright, it made his armor seem like it's made of pure gold, instead of just gold-plated. One scene in the trailer showed Raiga walking and his gold armor was ejecting flames while he was walking...even Kouga couldn't do that!

Now I'm curious to see just how strong Raiga is, cant wait to see him fight.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Zaruba »

Yeah I saw it and it did seem more bright. However, Kouga did emit flames when he walked too. First episode when he first transformed. He walked with flames towards the horror.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”