Garo Makai no Hana 01 released

Greenstalker
Mega

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 01 released

Post by Greenstalker »

locuas wrote:and i say, if you need other shows to explain your plot points, you are doing a bad at writing them.
It was hardly plot point how Garo lost his shine in Garo: Yami wo Terasu Mono it was more focused on How he regained it and explaining some details in sequels is kinda cliche in japanese work mainly for Anime/Manga or novels and making second or third series about events that what leads to main shows era with possibly previous owners or somewhat related persons. This is a sucessful strategy in Japan too since it does not only sell new series well but boosts old series sales as well unlike to a usual sequel which usually gets harsher critics due to first serie.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the reason why Garo lost his shine wasn't important. It's a pointless criticism and should be taken off the table when talking about the show.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, the reason why Garo lost his shine wasn't important. It's a pointless criticism and should be taken off the table when talking about the show.
I don't wanna say it wasn't important.
But like you said it definitely is not important when trying to judge or determine Yami's worth as a series.

Maybe it's just cause I like Garo's universe but I'd love to see that concept given a whole series or maybe a short 12 episode run or somethin.
amaraochan
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: DekaRanger
Favorite Band: Galneryus
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by amaraochan »

I am absolutely loving the physical armour and that it's not all CG, it's also the main thing I liked about the Zero series as well.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

With one episode, I already like this series more than all of Yami wo Terasu Mono. That's how bad that show left a taste in my mouth. Anyways, this episode was a throwback to the first episode of the original series from the dark setting, the creepy Horror, Raiga's training sequence and the butler Gonza (although he should show his age). Of course, we got an actual suit too which completes the show. The action was pretty cool too and the special effects on the Horror looked great. I'm excited where this show goes.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, the reason why Garo lost his shine wasn't important. It's a pointless criticism and should be taken off the table when talking about the show.
The Mcguffin of the show wasn't important? That is like saying that in first season, if Kaoru were pursued by horrors without the blood touching her (without explanation then), thar wouldn't be important, or in season 2, if were didn't know the reasons that moved Sigma, that wouldn't be important.

The MacGuffin is not important if you compare it to the things that happened due to its existence, but it has to have sense.

Like Hitchcock said: "What's a MacGuffin?" "Well," the other man says, "it's an apparatus for trapping lions in the Scottish Highlands." The first man says, "But there are no lions in the Scottish Highlands," and the other one answers, "Well then, that's no MacGuffin!"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Like someone said earlier, the point of the show wasn't how Garo lost his shine. The explanation "it was lost in some battle" was good enough.

It's just like in Star Wars, what's important isn't how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, but how his children became the redemption that solved the problems he created. The throwaway line "he was a good man who was seduced by the dark side" was good enough.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

All I hope is that with the epicness that is Garo...the reason why the armor lost its shine and the event in which it was lost is as epic. Ryuga had to go through a lot to gain it back including the death of his mother therefore for his sake I would like the reason for loss of golden shine to be really worth it.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote:
It's just like in Star Wars, what's important isn't how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, but how his children became the redemption that solved the problems he created. The throwaway line "he was a good man who was seduced by the dark side" was good enough.
In that i disagree. no matter if you say "he wa a good man", if you are not able to show that, that is just bad writing. Darth Vader still retained a few of Anakin's good traits. the most obvious was how he never killed his men unless they had really screw up. and it was trough those traits that you could see there was a good man before Vader
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

So Raiga is more of a happy guy that isn't cold to everyone, well that makes sense since i presume his father didn't died, still he isn't easy going, and get's angry when someone dies, good protagonist, check.

Monster design is pretty neat, more typical for toku, but that's good, you can't never have too much suit scting. But that finish that Garo make, i hope we won't see it again, didn't look good, and don't realyy fit this series.
Last edited by Weather on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

He's a what?

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”