ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 01 released

Post by Mandalori »

I think it would make sense if it was Gonza's son. If Gonza was 30 when Taiga died, that means that he must be at least 70.

I can only say it's promising so far. Yami and Zero were good in they're own way, it just depend on your taste, but I began Garo when Yami was airing (around eps 9).

I remember seeing in one trailer Raiga saying to Mayuri at some point something like "You're definitely human", or something like that. Maybe she was human but was remodeled into a "Madou Tool" after.
I guess we'll get to see.

Also, Raiga is much stronger than Kouga. I don't recall Kouga damaging that badly the training blade so that Gonza complain about it. Or maybe he complain because he's getting older, and his body got much trouble than during Kouga's time.

How many want to bet that Mayuri will be Raiga's love-interest?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Mandalori wrote:How many want to bet that Mayuri will be Raiga's love-interest?
I won't bet on it. I think it won't be the same as Kouga and Kaoru.
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Mandalori wrote:
Also, Raiga is much stronger than Kouga. I don't recall Kouga damaging that badly the training blade so that Gonza complain about it. Or maybe he complain because he's getting older, and his body got much trouble than during Kouga's time.
i think Kouga had more control than Raiga. so it wouldn't be that Raiga would be stronger, but that he has problems controlling his strenght like his father. of course that is just a theory.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I think Raiga has better swordsmanship than Kouga. No offense but Iaido with that much fancy work is not easy to pull out. Kouga's style was pretty straight forward 'sword meet the guts of enemy' Raiga's style relies on counter attacks more. Also I don't remember well but I think Garo armor was not imbued with fire at early stages of Kouga and he nneeded the lighter to make a sealing attack on a horror. It seems Raiga starts with pretty overpowered compared to Kouga. We still don't know if he has other functions of armor or the steed though only time will tell.

I wonder one thing though why they didn't continue with Ryuuga? Now don't get me wrong I like Raiga's style and wouldn't mind to see Kouga again either but compared to character development and such I think Ryuuga was a better choice to continue from rather than making a new knight in the past. Also it seems Raiga has Ryuuga's sixth sense by touch (I think it is called psychometer) maybe Ryuuga is reltade to Saejima family after all.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

Greenstalker wrote:I think Raiga has better swordsmanship than Kouga. No offense but Iaido with that much fancy work is not easy to pull out. Kouga's style was pretty straight forward 'sword meet the guts of enemy' Raiga's style relies on counter attacks more. Also I don't remember well but I think Garo armor was not imbued with fire at early stages of Kouga and he nneeded the lighter to make a sealing attack on a horror. It seems Raiga starts with pretty overpowered compared to Kouga. We still don't know if he has other functions of armor or the steed though only time will tell.
Although Raiga's fighting style looks more stylish, I find it odd that he doesnt use the Saejima school of swordsmanship, its almost as if Kouga did not train him.

Also on Raiga's starting powerset, if you mean the fire steps effect (and the fireworks when the fishies tryed to hit him), Kouga had the same flames on his first episode which would hint at soul metal doing its thing.

If you ment the fire added effects from the lighters, Makai Knights dont need them to seal horrors (they just have to cleave them and they auto seal on their swords) the lighter fire has been seen used to detect horrors possesing humans, heal wounds (potion needed), and to give kickass fire power to sword strikes.

P.S. Kouga had the lighter from the get go, so he could have done the fire powerup thingie from the start too. I would consider this as Raiga starting with almost the same starting equipment/ powerset.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

Watching this episode made me feel exactly the same way I did when I watched Garo season 1 ep 1...which was complete awe and admiration. It is inevitable to compare Raiga with Kouga at least in the beginning. Raiga has some big shoes to fill. He has more facial expressions than Kouga did but his smile is charming as well as ruthless. That shows his power I think. Raiga seems to be a worthy Garo title holder. I would like to see what happened to his parents.
Mayuri being the Madou tool is interesting. How and why was show scouted for this purpose? Hopefully she will not turn out to be the big baddie in the end. Raiga's tricks with the scabbard remind me a bit of battojutsu from RK.
All in all this looks like a promising season of Garo. Thank you TVN for the great subs as usual. :). Looking forward to watching the rest of it.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

He's actually using more martial arts (proper forms) instead of just swordmanship and more generic moves.
They put more emphasis on Raiga's moves outside of swordplay compared to Kouga (imo) or maybe the actor himself is more versed in that field. Anyway, it works.

The only things I didn't really like were the not so well concealed greenscreen+rope-fu slide under the giant blades and an annoying lens flare caused by the streetlights when Garo starts fighting the horror. It appears twice in a row on a dark background so... yeah.

PS:
The lighter must be recharged periodically and the sword must be purified.
Everything becomes corrupted and nothing is free so while he could very much start at full (standard) power, there's no sensible reason to do so.
The actual power ups were the horse and eventually wings.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

When Mayuri first popped up I thought, "Wow she's serving Milla Jovovich Fifth Element realness... oh crap." However, if I at any time forget her name and refer to her as Leeloodallasmooltipass you guys shall know of whom I speak.

Like the new guy, like seeing Gonza back even if it's not realistic he's not aged. Unless of course he's a Madou Butler... I mean he did pick up the Garo ken one time until the bad guy pointed out he shouldn't be able to...

Really nice quality overall. The bit at the end was glaringly cgi but I still enjoyed it. Looking forward to the second episode of Garo: The Next Generation.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

well I noticed that Raiga always managed to groom his hair during battle in a mystical way LOL
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I think that the producers managed to make what they wanted and this series have his own flavor but it remind us to the first series. Now we have 3 different main characters and 3 different GARO users and that is why they exactly wanted with Yami a different Garo.

Raiga so far its a cool character! he is strong and take his job serious like his father but he is always smiling like his mother. This time looks like he is more like Rei and not cold and extremely serious like Kouga.

The number one question here is what happen to Kouga and Kaoru? and Why is Gonza not old enough is Raiga is already 20+?

Looks like we are getting the new ZERO user in episode 2 and he looks like it's going to be serious and more like Kouga.
Final Vent!
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

The series is looking good so far and I like Raiga's action scenes. However, I utterly hate his stupid smile.
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

As a writer, what I can think of Garo: Makai no Hana is that it MIGHT explain or provide details why the Garo armor lost its golden shine as portrayed in Garo: Yami wo Terasu Mono since the former was set in a distant future. Although it is too early speculate about the story but for me this is just my writer's hunch. Still, I will enjoy watching this new show.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

dualvision1984 wrote:As a writer, what I can think of Garo: Makai no Hana is that it MIGHT explain or provide details why the Garo armor lost its golden shine as portrayed in Garo: Yami wo Terasu Mono since the former was set in a distant future. Although it is too early speculate about the story but for me this is just my writer's hunch. Still, I will enjoy watching this new show.
I kinda wish that the the loss of the Golden Shine be handled in something separate from this series. But hey, you never know.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Revorse wrote:
dualvision1984 wrote:As a writer, what I can think of Garo: Makai no Hana is that it MIGHT explain or provide details why the Garo armor lost its golden shine as portrayed in Garo: Yami wo Terasu Mono since the former was set in a distant future. Although it is too early speculate about the story but for me this is just my writer's hunch. Still, I will enjoy watching this new show.
I kinda wish that the the loss of the Golden Shine be handled in something separate from this series. But hey, you never know.
And I kinda wish that they don't mention anything related to Yami, leaving it as an alternate universe.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

and i say, if you need other shows to explain your plot points, you are doing a bad at writing them.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”