Garo Makai no Hana 02 released

Orcen
Number 6
Number 6

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 02 released

Post by Orcen »

I'm very pleased with this new show, it really mantains the atmosphere and feeling of our classic Garo. I'd like to know how many years have passed since soukoku no maryu, and it would be great to have an aged Kouga cameo.

Thank you guys for the excellent translation, as always!
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

I hope at some point in this show we get to see dramatization of parts of the short novel that Amemiya wrote as a sequel to Kouga and Kaoru's story.
I like Crow. He seems devious yet innocent somehow. The stunts still look forced and stilted. I hope as the season goes on they get smoother. I like how the plot is developing. I still think Mayuri is going to be Eris in the end...or will be forced to become Eris against her will. She seems totally brainwashed and conditioned only for sealing horrors. But I hope her mask will shatter as we go on and her human side shows.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Saejima Kouga wrote:-Obligatory Messiah's Tear / Eris is Mayuri speculation-
My thought as well, especially after knowing some white mascot.

I'd expect they at least showed the Inga for the old woman, just like they did with the guard in episode 1.

That said, it's been two episodes, and oddly enough, no nudity for a series that's infamous of it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I was wondering that as well. Is being homeless the same thing a sinning/being evil? Not... really? She just seemed like a sad old cat lady more than anything else.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

One of the seven deadly sins is Sloth. It means spiritual, physical, or mental laziness. I would assume many homeless people are homeless because of this. They don't have the will power or desire to pull themselves out of the dirt in which they lay in. The episode was called Vermin so the Horror was attracted to her dirty and lazy nature. That's my thoughts on it anyway.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eh, either way, being homeless is kind of a lame reason for being possessed by a Horror.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Crow gives off a Hong Kong triad member vibe, not sure whether I like that or not.

Seems there's less iaido work at play here when Raiga drew his sword, would have liked to see more of that style in play. His unarmed martial arts moves were still good to watch.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i wanted to comment. when i first watched this, i was expecting the Horror to keep the "old lady" appearence and have a more "old witch" motif. with spider webs slowly bringing prey for her to eat, and the voice the woman had was perfect for that. instead we got a Horror simiar to previous ones.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

So, happy Garo and second knight that actually admires him? That's something new, i hope that there won't be a conflict between Raiga and Crow, becos of his interaction with Mayuri, i like to think that this doesn't define his character, rather he was going by what he got in orders. Still, it's weird that his madougou say they don't have any orders, and then he say to Raiga that they need to work together. He hiding something or he got that when he wasn't fighting, might be the case, unless he wouldn't knew about Mayuri. Would be realyy neat to see some cooperation between Makai knights from the beginning.

Interesting thing is, Crow have the same coat as that makai priest from Zero special, i realyy liked that design, and it works so much better on Crow becos of his name.

Now to Crow, or actually, his armor..... K first thing, he's named Crow do i don't think he have Zero armor. Second, if his name isn't enough, he uses shurikens, are we getting ninja styled Makai armor? Would it be black or gray? We don't even know his main weapon.... Maan i want to see him change in the next episode, now that it might be something new and interesting.
Alessar
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Crow is interesting. He's definitely shady and manipulative, but I'm wondering if it's just a case of him being a bit like early Kouga/Zero and so focused on his goals he doesn't really process the human emotions or weigh the cost. Raiga is friggin' Steve Rogers in comparison. I think also he's the only person who wasn't told in advance that Mayuri is some kind of madou fembot (or possibly a woman altered to be a barrier maiden). Raiga seems so genuine he's almost simple, but that just makes me think that if he gets righteously pissed he will be frightening.

I don't think Inga has specifically been identified with the 7 deadly sins, just darkness in the heart. That, in turn, being a psychic vulnerability. The host woman could have been depressed, battered and bitter from her rough circumstances, or she could have done something horrible earlier in life that led to her circumstances. Honestly, it seems like most people have got some kind of guilt or sin they're carrying, they're not all people who commit a murder right by a horror gate but they get jumped willy-nilly.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thinking back, I think that the Horrors can possess weak minded people too. I just think the mythos would be stronger if they only went after people who were evil to begin or had some fatal flaw. Having a Horror possess a lady being nice to a cat and for being a loner that doesn't fit into society seems a bit off to me.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote:Thinking back, I think that the Horrors can possess weak minded people too. I just think the mythos would be stronger if they only went after people who were evil to begin or had some fatal flaw. Having a Horror possess a lady being nice to a cat and for being a loner that doesn't fit into society seems a bit off to me.
How about this: because she doesn't fit into society, she watched people, happy families, walking the streets, not looking at her and envy started to grow on her. it wasn't obvious, of course, but it was there. the resentment towards people who, from her point of view, saw her as something less than a human, no different than a stray cat you feel sorry for and give food to. "why?" she starts to wonder "why am i in this position? what makes you better than me? why did this happen to me? i didn't ask for this". and is that resentment that let's the horror posses her.
of course it is just a theory.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Alessar wrote:I don't think Inga has specifically been identified with the 7 deadly sins, just darkness in the heart. That, in turn, being a psychic vulnerability. The host woman could have been depressed, battered and bitter from her rough circumstances, or she could have done something horrible earlier in life that led to her circumstances. Honestly, it seems like most people have got some kind of guilt or sin they're carrying, they're not all people who commit a murder right by a horror gate but they get jumped willy-nilly.
Sure it does. Maybe not all of them but some were shown. Lust was shown from the very first episode from Garo. The man was possessed because he was attracted to women in that way. The second episode she was possessed by the horror due to greed. Wrath by to many to count. Example was first episode of Makai No Hana. And yes Horrors are also attracted mentally weak people and depressed people. There are many ways for them to sneak in and take over in this show.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

and let's not forget those able to use normal people with the promise of fulfilling their own desires to do their deeds without the need to posses them, like the old couple and the tree, or the guy and the siren back in season 1.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

You know, as show's goes on, and we get another parts of Messiah, it makes you think...... Have they used Messiah card way too soon? I don't know how it was with second series of Garo (with Messiah fang),so it may be that author didn't plan that far with it, vut even if, Messiah parts horrors sure makes it look like they used Messiah too early.

As to, Inga only with evil people, how to you describe evil person? Horror shouldn't go after homeless lady, becos she care's about cats? You don't know what's in her mind when she looks at normal people's. There can be a person that would never harm an animal, yet would have no problem killing, rapinng, eating another human, and vice versa.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”