Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_02

Now we've got a trio of heroes. Sounds like a good number to me!

As personable as Raiga is, it seems like the interactions are a bit stilted still. Hopefully they'll warm up to each other as the series goes on.

Not much to say about this week's Horror, besides the fact that she seemed like a ripoff of Catwoman from Batman Returns.

If I had more foresight, I wouldn't have translated Kouga's mahoui in Soukoku no Maryuu as "magic coat". In this series, Mayuri's dress is a mahoui. It can more generally be translated as "magic cloth" which is what I'll go with here.

I do like the little hints that Raiga is annoyed by people treating Mayuri as a tool. Although, is she not human? What's going on there? She doesn't know what breakfast is? What?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 02 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

Well... i dunno if the CGI Garo has a double spear on his back.
takenoko wrote:Although, is she not human? What's going on there? She doesn't know what breakfast is? What?
Oh... and she don't know how to eat? Lame.

And Mayuri doesn't smile at all... just like Kouga.

PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

DaVinci030 wrote:And Mayuri doesn't smile at all... just like Kouga.
Heh, I hadn't thought of that. That might explain why Raiga isn't phased by her standoffish personality.

I should really know better than to accept things at face value, but I was surprised when the kitten turned into the Horror. I really enjoyed the way it kept shape-shifting to get close to its prey, although the giant eyeball appearing in the middle of the vending machine made me flat-out chuckle.

So, Raiga is hunting Eris, who was known as Messiah’s Tear, and Raiga’s mother was once possessed by Messiah. Nice way to tangentially tie everything together.

There’s quite a bit of irony in someone dressed in black from head to toe being from the white district.

Crow and Raiga’s first meeting is almost pleasant. I’m struggling to figure out how much of Crow’s respectful attitude is an act and how much is genuine. The only thing he says that upsets Raiga is when he refers to Mayuri as a tool rather than a person, which doesn’t tell me much about Crow since Mayuri herself doesn’t seem to think of herself as a person either. Honestly, I think that was the purpose behind the breakfast scene. She was first seen waking from a long "sleep" in a crypt, so I doubt eating regular meals is something she needs to do.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

The way you phrased it made me realize how delightful it is that Gonza is explaining what a "breakfast" is to a person who has just awakened from a long sleep.

Just in case people don't remember, I think the Magou are the constructs that Makai Priests made. We first saw them in Red Requiem. So Mayuri's name is short for "Magou Lily Model".

Crow is delightful in his questionable sincerity. It'll be fun to see how far that goes.

So if Mayuri is Kouga, does that make Raiga the Kaoru of the series?

Everything seems to tie in with Messiah at some point, which is unfortunate in my opinion. It kind of shows how the original Garo series was meant to be a standalone story. Since you can't really go higher than the creator of all Horrors, so all you can do is fight her offshoots like Messiah's Fang or Messiah's Tear or I don't even remember what the last boss was in Yami wo Terasu Mono. But he was related to Messiah too, wasn't he?

From Crow's profile, it says that he's not assigned to the white district or any district in particular. He was probably just stationed there on assignment before coming to Raiga's blue district (Anyone else notice the change in district namings? Before it was directional)
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

takenoko wrote:
Everything seems to tie in with Messiah at some point, which is unfortunate in my opinion. It kind of shows how the original Garo series was meant to be a standalone story. Since you can't really go higher than the creator of all Horrors, so all you can do is fight her offshoots like Messiah's Fang or Messiah's Tear or I don't even remember what the last boss was in Yami wo Terasu Mono. But he was related to Messiah too, wasn't he?

From Crow's profile, it says that he's not assigned to the white district or any district in particular. He was probably just stationed there on assignment before coming to Raiga's blue district (Anyone else notice the change in district namings? Before it was directional)
I feel like Zedom did have a Messiah association but now I can't remember what it was, other than he was a Horror General.

And yeah, I did notice that, and it threw me off a little, timelines wise, because by the time of YamiTera they're back to directional districts, with Takeru being sent to the Eastern(? iirc) at the end.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Dear God Crow's lisp is annoying. It seems like there is this two faced thing about him as well, he comes off pleasant, but some of those looks he gives tells me otherwise. Can't wait to see what his armoured form looks like.
Jigoku_Eternal
Favorite series: All Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Rikako Sakata
Favorite Actor?: Kenji Matsuda
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Jigoku_Eternal »

The armour gets an upgrade :?: Hope to see more :!:
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Catastrophe wrote:Dear God Crow's lisp is annoying. It seems like there is this two faced thing about him as well, he comes off pleasant, but some of those looks he gives tells me otherwise. Can't wait to see what his armoured form looks like.
Didn't realise he had a lisp but thats because I dont understand japanese in the first place
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Catastrophe wrote:Dear God Crow's lisp is annoying. It seems like there is this two faced thing about him as well, he comes off pleasant, but some of those looks he gives tells me otherwise. Can't wait to see what his armoured form looks like.
So he does have one? I thought I heard something. Hikari in ToQ has one too right?
I'm wondering if he's gonna use a sword. Or maybe something else. But really want to see that armor.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Revorse wrote:
So he does have one? I thought I heard something. Hikari in ToQ has one too right?
I'm wondering if he's gonna use a sword. Or maybe something else. But really want to see that armor.
I didn't notice a lisp that much. And yes he uses his sword. You see him fighting a horror with his sword in the trailer.

I can't wait to see his armor either. Hope it's cool looking.
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

takenoko wrote:From Crow's profile, it says that he's not assigned to the white district or any district in particular. He was probably just stationed there on assignment before coming to Raiga's blue district (Anyone else notice the change in district namings? Before it was directional)
White and blue makes me think of Byakko (west) and Seiryuu (east).
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Zedom in Yami was unrelated to Messiah, but she's the originator of the Soul Metal, which is used to make the armors and their gears and weapons.

So, the protagonist love-interest is back in the ending. Last time it was Gonza and the Magic Cloth. Also, like in Makai Senki and in SHougeki Gouraigan, the ending will be changing.

Also, Mayuri looked like she thought "I want it to end quickly so I can go back to sleep". Is it only me?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

-Obligatory Messiah's Tear / Eris is Mayuri speculation-

Raiga seems to be a decent mix of Kouga and Kaoru's personalities. Glad our second knight wasn't introduced as an antagonist like Rei was, though he's here a bit early.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Exter felt like that spider-street light woman from the second episode of Makai Senshi

I got a creepy feeling about Crow. I just do.

Well, I get a good feeling about the show.
CuervaLocura
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: DekaRanger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sigurd
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by CuervaLocura »

Crow is watching them like a crow on the fence. Tehehe (yes, I feel clever now, let me be!).

The Horror was pretty pale but I really like the characters so far and I'm biased towards Crow. Sure he comes off as suspicious but I'd bet my name on it, that he'll be one of my favourite characters in the show.

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”