Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai no Hana 03 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Makai_no_Hana_03

Kind of a forgettable episode. Would have rather saw more development with Crow or something.

The Horror design was good and it's nice to see Raiga defending Mayuri's humanity again, but that's about it for me. And I guess it was funny to see Mayuri mess up Gonza's flower arrangement.

Preview:
Spoiler
Isn't that the restaurant owner from Kuuga?
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Makai no Hana 03 released

Post by XIII »

Did seem a dull ep to time, the laugh from that woman was slightly off-putting

The fight did seem a tad short as well, I didnt realise the fight ended till Raiga spoke outside of the armour, and that left me wondering why I didnt hear the armour being cast off
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

A little bored episode for me but it's nice to see Hikaribito Shou again as a regular girl.

Looks like Mayuri was captured by Succubus.
It reminds me of Kaoru, who was captured by Morax in Garo 03.
takenoko wrote:And I guess it was funny to see Mayuri mess up Gonza's flower arrangement.
Yeah... lolz

Spoiler
What is this? A movie? How interesting. Let's find out in the next episode.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Also, Succubus is kind of an unimaginative name for a Horror. I can't really think of another Horror that was named some generic monster from another myth like that.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

When Mayuri was standing by the window, I only just now noticed how she stands, it looks off-putting doesn't it? Or is it just me? LIke she doesn't just stand straight, but her legs are quite apart that it looks a bit awkward.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

Actually this episode was a pleasant surprise for me, because just the other day I was wondering what had become of Saeki Hinako... And then she pops up in Garo. Her laugh is annoying but she's used it before in Uzumaki where she also played an evil-ish sort of character. She is a trained dancer and it is a pity they did not make more use of that in her fight scenes. But she does play the mad artist type well.

I find Mayuri's stance slightly masculine, and I think it is because they are really trying to create a sense of ambiguous androgyny with her character. Probably as a means to reinforce the idea that she is a tool.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Not a bad episode, but it didn’t grab me the same way the first two episodes did. I knew Erina-sensei looked familiar, but I didn't realize it was Shou. I was distracted by her crazy eyes and "art" that definitely qualified as bizarre - and that was before she started killing people.

I know there's already been some commentary on how plain the Horror's name was and, generally speaking, my biggest critique of the episode is how generic it was. The misunderstood, tortured artist that is obsessed with death was a bit cliché for my tastes. The Horror's design wasn't bad, but it felt like a recycled sentai design (Insaan, a bit?) instead of something for Garo.

The fight in suit was extremely brief, and nothing special to speak of. I did enjoy the way Raiga would catch his sword every time that Succubus came close to disarming him. It reminded me a lot of the swordplay choreography we got in Shinkenger.

I meant to mention this last week, but I am so far from trusting that Watchdog. After the betrayal in the original series, I don’t think I’ll ever trust any of them again. Too many bad vibes.

I think my favorite part of the episode might be Mayuri’s flower arranging during the ending sequence. I have very little artistic ability, so sticking the biggest plant in the middle of the vase by itself is a solution I would go with, too.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No, Shou was the victim.

Erina is played by Saeki Hinako who was Misa the Dark Angel/ Ekoeko Azarak.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130650/
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They spent a bit much of this focusing on the Horror. Fight was kind of average as well.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

What was the point of the ep? 3 eps in and I think this was the weakest horror. Also I am not liking Mayuri in that dress. The way she walks and handles herself she just looks silly. But the ending with the flowers had me bust out laughing.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I think the funnier was that Gonza didn't saw a thing about the flowers being switched, too proud of himself. Rule of funny maybe, or maybe it's because he's a lot older now, or maybe it's just not that easy to see the difference when you haven't see them being switched.

Raiga's swordplay remind me of Ruronin Kenshin. The trick for switching arms are the same from Kenshin.

I'm liking Mayuri more and more, I think the ending credit help. I probably would have do the same thing for the flowers if I touched them, I'm not really sure.

Preview
Spoiler
I thought it was Aigallion's voice actor. They look similar.
Igarashi_Kiriiga
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saejima Kouga
Favorite Actor?: I can't choose!
My boom: GARO
Quote: "saisho ni itte oku, ore wa tsuyoi jyanai. Ore wa tsugoku tsuyoi" aka "let me tell you from the start, I am not strong. I am very strong"

Post by Igarashi_Kiriiga »

It seems we see a bit more of Kouga in Raiga in this episode contrary to the amount of Kaoru's influence in the last two episodes. I have to admit, Raiga is going to be a scary muther-effer if he gets really angry. I mean like really angry.

Btw, is there a specific characteristic from Raiga that does not (seem to) come from his parent? Really interested in this, coz i tend to link Raiga's every action with his pa and ma.

The fighting in this episode is a bit of a disappointment, i expected some cool fighting from the preview. The Horror, can't believe I'm saying this, is very pretty, compared to all the previous Horror in the entire Garo series. Though, as Horrors seperated from Messiah's Tear, i expected them to be stronger than this. this makes little sense to me.

Raiga's need to inform everyone that Mayuri is indeed human and alive is absolutely adorable, call it a woman's instinct, i just want to pinch his cheeks. ONe thing I have to say to our Garo this season : (according to the last scene before credits) "For the love of all that is Makai, don't say things like that Raiga-sama, you are going to get hurt in the end, I'm sure of it!"

The way he looks make the girls feel honored to be reeled in
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I guess I'm in the minority who really liked this episode. I'll grant you it was a bit slow at times and definitely light on the dialogue. But what Garo does better than any other series is atmosphere. You really got a sense of "holy shit she's going to kill this woman RUN AWAY NOW DAMMIT YOU IDIOT". I love suspenseful stuff like that. YwTM was a lot of talky talky let's explain everything but sometimes I just want to see how a person falls to darkness. I thought it was believable and downright creepy. The ending was particularly well done with her very sudden change of heart when she realizes just what it is she was idolizing.

Mayuri just doesn't blink, damn. My eyes were watering just watching her.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

I liked the episode. Loved the horrors look. Crazy to think how much work is done on one horror only to give it like one minute of screen time.

My only complaint was that when she stabs the man with her clippers it shows them up close and no blood. Don't show it if its not going to be realistic.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

Mayuri is cute in a creepy way... dunno why... Raiga obviously pissed off with the WatchDogs

Return to “-Makai no Hana-”